Fake Slide should be 15 yard penalty

Zerovoltz

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Allen with the blatant fake slide on the long run, then later draws a 15 yard penalty on a late hit on slide where the defender didn't hit his head.....but can you blame him for going for the tackle based on the fake earlier?  

The slide is a play intended to protect the QB, not to do what Allen did.  That was garbage.

Fake slide is a rich interpretation.  He stopped and cut.  The defender was three to four yards away from him.   

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

How did he fake slide? This is the first I am hearing of this 

They referred to it as a fake slide on the broadcast.  It was borderline, but I don’t think it warranted a flag.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

That isn't a juke...he's slowing as if to slide...7 yards from nearest defender...then starts running again...how is this a juke?  Who is he juking...the guy 7 yards away?

So slowing down now is a fake slide?? Lmao

• Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

That isn't a juke...he's slowing as if to slide...7 yards from nearest defender...then starts running again...how is this a juke?  Who is he juking...the guy 7 yards away?

You are a clown. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is what I was talking about in the other thread, you know, about being the "annoying" fan of another team on someone else's message board. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

He wasn't faking a slide.

He wasn't juking.

He was bracing to truck the defender like he always does - and the defender never went for the hit - so Josh kept running.

The defender 7 yards away?  

Just now, WEATHER DOT COM said:

He wasn't faking a slide.

He wasn't juking.

He was bracing to truck the defender like he always does - and the defender never went for the hit - so Josh kept running.

There was a juke before that and the defender took a horrible angle because of it…he didn’t let up at all.  If this somehow was a fake slide (it wasn’t) it didn’t work at all 

8 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Allen with the blatant fake slide on the long run, then later draws a 15 yard penalty on a late hit on slide where the defender didn't hit his head.....but can you blame him for going for the tackle based on the fake earlier?  

The slide is a play intended to protect the QB, not to do what Allen did.  That was garbage.

I’m going to disagree that he fake slid. He didn’t lean back or anything. He did a little stutter step that was more like a juke.

Also, Allen rarely slides so idk why defender would assume he would.

• Thank you (+1) 1