Taylor vs Mafia

pennstate10

14 minutes ago, appoo said:

Huh? I'm not at all triggered and I don't really listen to her music. I respect her. I'm an analyst by trade, and that's all I'm really doing here. Her numbers are insane, which means there's evidence of something really special with her

First of all what does your job have to do with this? And I think it’s pretty clear that I do not disrespect her. And there have been many Popstars with average ability who have become quite rich. I think she is talented and never said she wasn’t. But she is not a great musician and she is indeed not a great singer. OK. Talent and popularity do not equate in this situation. If they always did equate then Joni Mitchell and Bonnie Raitt would be trillionaires. 

Edited by Mojo44

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

First of all what does your job have to do with this? And I think it’s pretty clear that I do not disrespect her. And there have been many Popstars with average ability who have become quite rich. I think she is talented and never said she wasn’t. But she is not a great musician and she is indeed not a great singer. OK. Talent and popularity do not equate in this situation. If they always did equate then Joni Mitchell and Bonnie rate would be trillionaires. 

See above as I took your hyperbole too literally, 

But reason I stated my job is because it pretty much colors how I look at life. I analyze everything haha

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

Sorry I guess I got the wrong impression from:

Come on Swifties and fellow travelers! The situation has become just a bit nauseating. It’s coming across more and more like a high school romance. I’ll always remember what the great Aretha Franklin said when asked about Swift’s singing: “ That girl sure can dress“. She’s really not as musically talented as her acolytes make her out to be.

That comes across as (to me) you not thinking she has much musical talent, period - rather than not quite as much as what he fans believe, which I wouldn't have any kind of issue with. So apologies for taking your hyperbole a bit too literally 

(I think she looks androgynous to me so no sexual fantasies here)

Read more carefully next time. What I said was and clearly it’s noted there that she does not have as much talent as her acolytes think so. Clearly I am then suggesting that she has musical talent. Are you just trying to build a strawman argument or just not focusing on my post. Come on. Enough already. I don’t hate her at all. And as I said to another Swifty defender earlier that one thing we have in common is that we are both quite woke. I do like that about her.

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

See above as I took your hyperbole too literally, 

But reason I stated my job is because it pretty much colors how I look at life. I analyze everything haha

Fair enough and go Bills. I’m an analyst myself of a different sort so I know what you’re saying.

On 1/15/2024 at 9:32 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Since this thread is about singers.

Just curious recall Bon Jovi saying he'd never do a concert in Buffalo. Is that streak still standing or has he in more recent years relented and performed in western NY?

I think he's been playing the lounge at the Hoboken, N.J., Holiday Inn.

On 1/15/2024 at 8:10 PM, In Summary said:

Maybe her 13th public boyfriend will get concussed out of the game.  Then they'll both go away.

When she breaks up with Kelce, she'll write a song called "I Don't Have A Tight End Anymore."

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I can vouch for this professionally, there’s some of you are having intense sexual fantasies about her and therefore rush to her defense when not necessary

in your profession, this is called "projection"

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

in your profession, this is called "projection"

In this case just objective analysis nothing more. Ironclad guarantee there. Been doing this for over 40 years. I know the difference. Let it go boy

Just now, Mojo44 said:

In this case just objective analysis nothing more. Ironclad guarantee there. Been doing this for over 40 years. I know the difference. Let it go boy

you've been analyzing the sexual desires of strangers based on their understanding of your musical preferences for 40 years?

Do you get reimbursed for this?

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

you've been analyzing the sexual desires of strangers based on their understanding of your musical preferences for 40 years?

Do you get reimbursed for this?

OK Mr. Swift. I’ll let you have the last word. Don’t get me wrong. I’m sure your daughter is a really nice person. But it’s not a musical preference,. It’s just my take on her musical ability which I think is good but not great. Oh, by the way, just to remind you, Aretha Franklin was a soul singer.😂

6 hours ago, Ga boy said:

She is a hard worker which the Mafia should respect.  I respect her talent and hard work.  She seems to be a good role model for girls.  I think her being in Buffalo adds some pazzazz to our party.  Maybe she’ll jump through a table.  Glad she’ll be here.

she jumps through a table after we beat kC then I’ll have respect! 😜

41 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

OK Mr. Swift. I’ll let you have the last word. Don’t get me wrong. I’m sure your daughter is a really nice person. But it’s not a musical preference,. It’s just my take on her musical ability which I think is good but not great. Oh, by the way, just to remind you, Aretha Franklin was a soul singer.😂

i don’t have a daughter who listens, nor do i.  Your opinion seems based on a throw away comment by Ms Franklin (Soul was popular or “pop” music” in the time her big hits were released, but a music aficionado such as yourself surely knew that).  All popular music is subjectively (not objectively) good or bad depending on one’s taste.  That’s intuitive true—by definition.  Your opinion on her level of talent is like some, and unlike many.  It’s neither correct nor incorrect.  There are countless big pop acts out there.  None has ever drawn the audience’s her shows have.  By all accounts it’s a good show.  

Your claim that those who disagree with your opinion on this persons talent are incapable of forming  their own opinion except as a result of repressed sexual yearning betrays the fact that your analytic ability is not informed  by significant intellectual capability, but instead a by fragile ego.  

On 1/15/2024 at 8:19 PM, gonzo1105 said:

I expect snowballs being thrown at the suite 

I would laugh so hard if we found out where she was and everyone just starts pelting Taylor and Britney’s suite window with snowballs lol. Oh lawd it hurts to laugh

hahahahaha

breath

hahahahahahaha

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

she jumps through a table after we beat kC then I’ll have respect! 😜

Or if she mocks Mahomes “gimme gimme “ walk when he’s walking to get a play 

I've got nothing at all against Taylor Swift, or against her showing up to support her boyfriend at games.  

BUT - you have to wonder if the NFL really likes all the new Swiftie eyeballs on the games and would prefer to have them all the way to the Superbowl.  I know that sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory, but I suspect the new-found "fans" associated with her presence has been talked about at the league office.  And it's also ok if they like that aspect too - as long as there is no way in hell that there would ever be a possibility that it could end up influencing any of the games by way of penalty calls.  I personally like to believe none of that is possible, but a little (Buffalo paranoid) part of me wonders...

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's not the Mafia she needs to worry about!

KyXbqRy.png

I am sending this to my bills buddys nationwide lmao in quotes. Muchas gracias lol HILARIOUS

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.tmz.com/2024/01/19/buffalo-bills-to-sell-taylor-swift-themed-food-at-chiefs-game/

Bills and Chiefs fans with a blank space in their tummies are in luck this weekend  ... Buffalo's food service partner just revealed it's going to sell some Taylor Swift-themed snacks at the big game Sunday!!

Delaware North -- which has brought tasty treats to Highmark Stadium all season long -- announced this week it's packing two new options for the divisional round playoff game against Kansas City with odes to Swift in them.

One of the meals is called the "Bad Blood waffle fries" ... and it features two feet of fries topped with a grip of Buffalo and Kansas City food staples -- including blue cheese and BBQ pork.

The other option is named the "Karma Quesadilla" ... and it's got chicken tenders, bacon and pork belly all over it.

• Dislike 3

On 1/17/2024 at 3:23 PM, Bubba Gump said:

They never show Tay Tay when in that situation. You show her in that situation, then maybe I could respect her more. 

So you blame the woman for something over which she has no control? 😂🤣

Oh brother, I imagine there are so many more things in your life you could focus on…be better. 

Go Bills!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.