McDermott: Steelers "Handled us easily in the preseason."

This was briefly mentioned today @ the 11.35 mark of the press conference.

We often think preseason means nothing, but judging from his comments it's on McDermott's mind

I remember following that game closely, and passionately ranting that "Dorsey needs to go." He was having Allen do ridiculous stuff, taking all sorts of wild chances, no run game, shotgun every snap, and so on. It reminded me of the Bengals playoff game. For me it was a signal that Dorsey had learned nothing from the previous season's shortcomings and was in way over his head.

Nevertheless, I think Buffalo is a completely different team from that point in the year, thanks to Brady and the willingness to axe Dorsey. 

But: is there anything McDermott and the coaching staff can take away from the preseason matchup? What do you think?

• Like (+1) 4

They're a good team even without Watt they’ll have both WRs and Freirmuth (we have stunk against tall physical TEs) is a problem.  

Warren and Najee will not be easy either.  

Oh and they have nothing to lose and we’re coming off a massive emotional win.   

Do not take this team lightly. 

That absolutely needs to be the message.

The O/U is now 35.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 10

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They're a good team even without Watt they’ll have both WRs and Freirmuth (we have stunk against tall physical TEs) is a problem.  

The O/U is now 35.  

Who’s taking them lightly?

But out of all the teams that have made the AFC  playoffs … this is the team I would prefer to play the most ..:: so no excuses either …

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The O/U is now 35.  

just missing a qb and their best player is hurt 

you can’t take any game in January for granted but this is the best matchup they could ever ask for.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

you can’t take any game in January for granted but this is the best matchup they could ever ask for.

I think a dome team like Houston would have been better

Edited by Xwnyer

Just now, NoSaint said:

Do not disagree at all.  

The weather tho has me extremely concerned.  That’s not even playable.  That’s not like the NE playoff game.  

That's like the windy New England game but colder and with snow. 

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Do not disagree at all.  

The weather tho has me extremely concerned.  That’s not even playable.  That’s not like the NE playoff game.  

That's like the windy New England game but colder and with snow. 

It's not mentioned there but there is actually some potential for a serious lake effect event next Sat/Sun as well. :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Who’s taking them lightly?

But out of all the teams that have made the AFC  playoffs … this is the team I would prefer to play the most ..:: so no excuses either …

Just about every show on wgr they pretty much are blowing this game off as a cake walk

3 minutes ago, JMM said:

VERY concerned about that forecast.  Would absolutely be a possible equalizer and favor PERFECTLY the style and strengths of their team. 

The Stillers reputation as a tough running team is more historical than it is a current reality, imo.

The Bills have more rushing yards, a better rushing average, more rushing TD's, more first downs rushing, etc.

I also think there is a certain level of wind which all but eliminates the Stillers passing attack, while only only somewhat hampering the Bills. Josh Allen can drive the ball through some winds that Mason Rudolph cannot.

If there is a legitimate equalizer to fear, it is having 8" of snow on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

The Stillers reputation as a tough running team is more historical than it is a current reality, imo.

The Bills have more rushing yards, a better rushing average, more rushing TD's, more first downs rushing, etc.

I also think there is a certain level of wind which all but eliminates the Stillers passing attack, while only only somewhat hampering the Bills. Josh Allen can drive the ball through some winds that Mason Rudolph cannot.

If there is a legitimate equalizer to fear, it is having 8" of snow on the field.

Even then their QB may be named after a reindeer but ours is a ***** moose, I like us to find a way to get it done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Even then their QB may be named after a reindeer but ours is a ***** moose, I like us to find a way to get it done.

The Bills need a play with a cool name.

I'm thinking a QB Waggle off of a fake Tush Push and we call it the Allen Wrench.

• Haha (+1) 5

40 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The O/U is now 35.  

The Steelers are also coming off a big (divisional) win, no?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.