Von Miller report?

JMM

Anybody watch him in depth? I only admit I watched him a few plays in the first half in which he looked the same, no explosiveness,  no bend, got washed out. Thinking they have to sit him for playoffs if that was all game. More reps to Espenesa and Jonathan please. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I noticed him a couple times when he did the bull rush, instead of edge rushing.  He got some push, but didn't come close to threatening Tua.  I suppose at this point he's kind of a decoy and makes other teams account for him.  But opponents certainly don't need to double Von anymore.  Those days are over, at least for now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I noticed him a couple times when he did the bull rush, instead of edge rushing.  He got some push, but didn't come close to threatening Tua.  I suppose at this point he's kind of a decoy and makes other teams account for him.  But opponents certainly don't need to double Von anymore.  Those days are over, at least for now.

If he's a decoy but not drawing any extra attention from a team then he's simply not useful at this point. I had no issue with him getting a shot last night with us already in, but now we can't afford to mess with him anymore.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, JMM said:

Anybody watch him in depth? I only admit I watched him a few plays in the first half in which he looked the same, no explosiveness,  no bend, got washed out. Thinking they have to sit him for playoffs if that was all game. More reps to Espenesa and Jonathan please. 

Unfortunately I believe Von is done. Injury and father time is winning. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Idk if anyone is accounting for Von anymore. They watch the same film that we do. You could almost leave him unblocked. 

• Agree 4

Please coaching staff, watch this tape and play Kingsley Jonathan. 

On Tua's game sealing pick, Von did get good push against the RT, but that's about as much as I noticed him. 

Most of the time he was pushed past the QB. 

There was one rush where #73 for the Dolphins just shocked Miller with his hands and made him stagger backwards. 

WGR 550 in the pregame said that before the game he was on the field and you can see an obvious limp. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't this was a game where you could judge Miller due to the quick release and rhythm passing of Tua.

In fact, if you look at the stats of the D line it's pretty unimpressive. Oliver, who had been on a terror the last few games only had one tackle,  and collectively the group had zero sacks. 

This doesn't mean he would have been making plays on longer dropbacks, but given the nature of the game, I would give him a grade of incomplete.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.