Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

I just listened to One Bills live today and they had a guest on  (forget her name) She is a sideline reporter for Westwood one. She said last year she was on the Dolphins sideline in the Playoff game and she said they were loose, joking and relaxed. Almost playing with zero pressure. On the flip side the Bills sideline was tense and totally seemed like they were afraid to make a mistake. She implied the pressure of being expected to be in SB was too much. This year I think they have more of an underdog approach. If I was coach Mcd I would remind the team before game not one of you was voted by players to the all pro team....show them.      

Edited by billsfanmd07
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Hopefully there isn't a bug going through the Bills locker room. There certainly is right now in Western New York.

Looks like two players didn't practice today due to illness.

Sounds like there's a bug.  Morse missed a practice due to illness Friday of last week and was initially designated "questionable" for the game, though later upgraded.

Now it's Knox and Dawkins missing, hopefully they have time to recover.  Big issue is, does anyone else get sick?

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The players said all of that after they lost to Cinci. There was no such talk of that prior to the game. If so, go ahead and give me evidence of such. 

In fact, one could argue the opposite narrative. The Bills were a team of destiny due to Damar making a miraculous recovery. Win it all for Damar was a common theme. It's destiny and fate wasn't uncommon to hear. 

Bills playing at home!!! Huge home field advantage. Bengals oline depleted. Bills gonna smash Burrow. There was no fuc!!!!! talking of limping prior to the game. 

There was no talk of being gassed even after the Miami playoff win. Listen to Allen and the rest of the Bills afterwards. They talked about being resilient, winning is all that counts, and playing better.

Not one Bills fan I know said the team looked gassed. They don't have anything in the tank. The season is basically over they are on fumes. Instead, it was a resounding theme of how the Bills were gonna smash the Bengals. A few dissenters caught hell for their differing view. Low and behold is that a common theme. 

Let's talk reality rather than an alternate reality that fits your views. The limping in shiiiiit is non sense. They just get beat by a better prepared team that is a bad match up for Buffalo. Not to mention the McD game plan was horrific. 

Who knows what happens in Sunday. I hope to the high heaven the Bills blowout the Steelers. If not, I'll take a win ugly. Just win!!!

Well, that is your opinion. “Duly Noted.” 

We’ll agree on the Bills beating the Steelers. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

I just listened to One Bills live today and they had a guest on  (forget her name) She is a sideline reporter for Westwood one. She said last year she was on the Dolphins sideline in the Playoff game and she said they were loose, joking and relaxed. Almost playing with zero pressure. On the flip side the Bills sideline was tense and totally seemed like they were afraid to make a mistake. She implied the pressure of being expected to be in SB was too much. This year I think they have more of an underdog approach. If I was coach Mcd I would remind the team before game not one of you was voted by players to the all pro team....show them.      

Assuming this is true, I think they may have carried that into this year, and probably caused our offense to look like hot garbage the first half of the year. There was a good while last season I felt a game like the Bengals playoff game was on the verge of happening. Unfortunately it happened in the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Assuming this is true, I think they may have carried that into this year, and probably caused our offense to look like hot garbage the first half of the year. There was a good while last season I felt a game like the Bengals playoff game was on the verge of happening. Unfortunately it happened in the playoffs 

It becomes a thing, I think.  If you have a great QB and can contend for a SB, it's best to win one early to get the monkey off your back.  The Pats run might have been different if they lost that 1st one to the Rams.

And I remember our own SB runs.  Once we lost the first, it was so tense for the rest of 'em.  I think I remember Madden saying something like "The Bills might want to win this one TOO badly" in the 2nd SB.  Same thing happened to the Broncos around that time.

But teams can shift the narratives.  Peyton Manning turned his fortunes after years of being a "playoff choker" and all that. Elway did the same.  

Playing loose is such an important factor in high-pressure games.

11 minutes ago, Airseven said:

"Your guess is as good as mine" on lower snaps for Diggs?! Wow.

Yeah, getting tired of the shade and digs he keeps making at his QB and possibly OC. Somehow some Bills fans that don't see through this will spin this as "see, he really does love Buffalo!!" If we lose this week, or next, or don't make it to the SB, mark my words, he will be very active on SM. It will be a long off season with him and his brother. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

How do these guys come up with these stats?

Week 12-18 means 6 games for the Bills (Week 13 bye)

Week 12-18 means 7 games for the Steelers (Week 6 bye)

I mean, it's not a big difference, 231 vs 220, but it's not an even basis set.  Why not say the last 6 games or something?

OK, I'll put away my "junk NFL stats soapbox" now.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Yeah, getting tired of the shade and digs he keeps making at his QB and possibly OC. Somehow some Bills fans that don't see through this will spin this as "see, he really does love Buffalo!!" If we lose this week, or next, or don't make it to the SB, mark my words, he will be very active on SM. It will be a long off season with him and his brother. 

You're responding to someone who took a single quote in an interview entirely out of context.

Oh, and he's also a well-known TBD Troll.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Could look at it from glass half full, he hasnt asked why he is getting less snaps because he's 100% into the process

His press conference was a little better than the quote, I think? I feel like he is pretty much implying he and Josh aren't close. If anyone else watches it, please let me know what you think.

Just now, Beck Water said:

You're responding to someone who took a single quote in an interview entirely out of context.

Oh, and he's also a well-known TBD Troll.

I listened to the press conference and felt a little better, but I definitely sense/am getting that he and Josh aren't really friends anymore. Bums me out a little, but I think they are cordial and know what's at stake.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Why not move it to Miami… the boys seem to enjoy playing there!

Really good suggestion - and after all, Miami won't be using their facility

McDaniel wore a tshirt last year "I Wish It Were Colder".  Be careful what you wish for, me bucko.

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.