Double dip at receiver?

whorlnut

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I love this highlight reel because it shows you everything.  Natural hands catcher, fluid and runs the full route tree.  

6'3" 190lbs 4.3 speed

Reminds me of Chad Johnson.  Hopefully he's there at #32 😉

If we're organically picking at #32 they could take the next coming of Cody Ford or Boogie Basham in round one for the next decade straight IDGAF

• Haha (+1) 1

In my current Madden franchise, I drafted 2 WRs with picks 5 (Travis Green) and 11 (Reuben Parkman) in the second round.  

Green:      6'2", 214lbs, 89 SPD, 91 ACC, 89 AGI, 89 JMP, 58 STR, 67 BTK

Parkman:  6'1, 205lbs, 96 SPD, 78 ACC, 92 AGI, 87 JMP, 57 STR, 55 BTK

Green started his rookie year and has held the WR2 position since being drafted.  Parkman took longer to develop, but after three years of training camp drills I was able to get his ACC to 96 and his JMP to 90.  He's set to take the WR1 position next year.

Both were abysmal blockers coming out of college but have really progressed in that area.  Green is probably the more complete receiver and uses his size extremely well on deep balls in particular, but Parkman is incredibly smooth in his routes and electric after the catch. 

Both have been re-signed to 4-year extensions.  I'll probably look to trade Green once he's on the wrong side of 30, but Parkman will likely retire a Bill.  

tl;dr:  drafting WRs back-to-back might seem excessive, but it can really pan out in the right organization.  

6 hours ago, Capco said:

In my current Madden franchise, I drafted 2 WRs with picks 5 (Travis Green) and 11 (Reuben Parkman) in the second round.  

Green:      6'2", 214lbs, 89 SPD, 91 ACC, 89 AGI, 89 JMP, 58 STR, 67 BTK

Parkman:  6'1, 205lbs, 96 SPD, 78 ACC, 92 AGI, 87 JMP, 57 STR, 55 BTK

Green started his rookie year and has held the WR2 position since being drafted.  Parkman took longer to develop, but after three years of training camp drills I was able to get his ACC to 96 and his JMP to 90.  He's set to take the WR1 position next year.

Both were abysmal blockers coming out of college but have really progressed in that area.  Green is probably the more complete receiver and uses his size extremely well on deep balls in particular, but Parkman is incredibly smooth in his routes and electric after the catch. 

Both have been re-signed to 4-year extensions.  I'll probably look to trade Green once he's on the wrong side of 30, but Parkman will likely retire a Bill.  

tl;dr:  drafting WRs back-to-back might seem excessive, but it can really pan out in the right organization.  

Back back to Madden 18… Most of multiple year simulations where the Bills weren’t the controlled team Josh never developed into a mid-level QB let alone close to what he is now. 

Hopefully they don’t use that video game for their future drafting acumen. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

Jerry Rice’s son is in the draft this year. Brenden Rice. Him and Polk would be good sneaky picks later in the draft. 

His son is quick but not sure he's starting caliber. If you want to talk about former player's kids Kris Jenkins' son is an interesting name that could be available as soon as Round 2. 

8 hours ago, BBFL said:

Back back to Madden 18… Most of multiple year simulations where the Bills weren’t the controlled team Josh never developed into a mid-level QB let alone close to what he is now. 

Hopefully they don’t use that video game for their future drafting acumen. 

I still use Madden 2005 on the original Xbox because I love the franchise mode and how they did player progression.

This is my 3rd 30-year franchise and at this point I don't even care about the wins.  It's all about developing players and creating an excellent roster year after year.

• Like (+1) 1

This team could literally be one of the most exciting ever if the Bills find a way to add 2 legit starting rookie WR’s to the offense through the draft.

This class is loaded and handfulls of rookie WR’s are making immediate impacts in the NFL these days.

I like to imagine an offense in 2024:

Diggs

Round 1 WR - Dynamic threat

Shakir

Round 2 WR - Reliable Hands

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This team could literally be one of the most exciting ever if the Bills find a way to add 2 legit starting rookie WR’s to the offense through the draft.

This class is loaded and handfulls of rookie WR’s are making immediate impacts in the NFL these days.

Diggs

Shakir

Sounds like you're describing Xavier Legette and Adonai Mitchell. I could be wrong though 😎

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs

Shakir

Rd 2 Ladd McConkey -- he's going to be a good one.

The heck with double dipping this is a  triple dip class, holy cow something for everyone. just got done watching Malachi Corley absurd Deebo type.

What a class!!!

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Rd 2 Ladd McConkey -- he's going to be a good one.

Yes he is, gonna be projected for slot, but he can play very well outside. Great routes, hands and speed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

The heck with double dipping this is a  triple dip class, holy cow something for everyone. just got done watching Malachi Corley absurd Deebo type.

What a class!!!

Yes he is, gonna be projected for slot, but he can play very well outside. Great routes, hands and speed.

It would be absolutely criminal not to provide Josh Allen with real quality at the wr position from this draft. Too much talent at a premium position not to take advantage by grabbing more than one, and utterly foolish to cheap out by always trying to fill it with mid-round picks or marginal free agents.

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It would be absolutely criminal not to provide Josh Allen with real quality at the wr position from this draft. Too much talent at a premium position not to take advantage by grabbing more than one, and utterly foolish to cheap out by always trying to fill it with mid-round picks or marginal free agents.

Absolutely agree, and bejeezus there are so many types to pick from! grab as many as we can and don't look back.

18 minutes ago, major said:

I want Worthy from Texas🤘

Intersted to see how draft process plays out Brian Thomas jr. is a beast, would probably take hime over the two Longhorns.

But will be a lot of moving and shaking before April.

• Agree 1

On 1/2/2024 at 5:39 PM, whorlnut said:

WR - round 1

WR - round 2

S - round 5

S - round 6

mcd is a db whisperer that turns safeties and corners into stars. Just need to find the ones with the right traits. 

As long as we draft a LB in the 3rd I’m good with it 

• Disagree 1

• 2 weeks later...

If the Bills did double dip at WR, I would take a hard look at the Xavier’s:

Xavier Leggette WR South Carolina...in the mold of DK Metcalf

Xavier Worthy WR Texas....slight of frame, but has top-shelf speed...something lacking in the Bills WR room

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.