Ben Johnson wants 15m per to be HC (internet rumor denied by agent)

billsbackto81

7 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Posting this cause I remember a few mentioning how they like to see as a McD replacement. Talk about shooting for the stars! 15 per 😱

Woof..

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions-offensive-coordinator-ben-johnson-apparently-wants-at-least-15-million-per-year-to-be-a-head-coach/

To be honest, I don’t blame him.  Get as much money as you can.  The average tenure of a n NFL coach is what…maybe 3 seasons?  The only guarantee you have is the money in your contract.  

I can imagine working as an NFL HC is a 70+ hour work weeks.  It’s going to be his life and his sacrifice a lot, might as well get paid. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Sounds like he's right, though. Isn't he?

In what way? Who do you think the better RB is? I'd be willing to bet there's a chance that Montgomery isn't even on the team next year and there's a reason for that

17 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Tell me you’re a disgruntled fantasy football player without telling me you’re a disgruntled fantasy football player.

You "ease" the more explosive 12th overall pick all season long? When the 2 are playing, Gibbs is clearly the better player

17 hours ago, BBFL said:

Was just a jibe and not the seriousness of your point. 

Gibbs is decent and is seeing more production whilst still giving Monty significant snaps. You make it

sound like he’s a pitiful RB. 

Monty is an average RB who gets like 20 carries a game and a few catches and all the goal line work when Gibbs the much better player gets only 15 touches in some games and doesn't even get thrown to in some games when he is dynamic our of the backfield. He has not been used properly. And like I stated to someone else in this thread already, I'd be willing to bet there is a chance Monty isn't even on the team next year. Primarily because he is nothing more than average

Is this from the same source that says Caleb Williams wants to own the team that drafts him?

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Montgomery has played well all year long and you’re simply a salty fantasy owner who bought into hype.

They have a really nice combo. Gibbs is already one of the best weapons in the nfl but he doesn’t seem like the 20 touch guy. 

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Montgomery has played well all year long and you’re simply a salty fantasy owner who bought into hype.

He has played well, but he isn't the better player of the two. He's an average RB that is thriving in his roll but he isn't as explosive as Gibbs is. I promise you, this has nothing to do with me being a "salty fantasy owner". It's my observation from watching both players play. There should never be full drives where Gibbs isn't on the field and that happens all the time. It's like Green Bay. They have always misused Aaron Jones. There should be no reason for AJ Dillon to be in on full 10 play or 12 play drives but it happens all the time

Edited by Buffalo03

18 hours ago, davefan66 said:

15 mill per year.  4-5 year contract.  $60-$75 million and may be on the street in 3 years?  

Nope.

Can’t believe any team would be foolish enough for an u proven dude.

Whole different world being a head coach.  Lions have a lot of good players on offense.  Why isn't Dan Campbell getting the same props?  He is the head coach and has them playing real solid football.  But they looked lousy against the Packers on Thanksgiving.  And their offense was dreadful in Chicago in the second half. Everyone always thinks some young young guy calling plays on the sidelines is going to be the next NFL guru.  How did that work out for Brandon Staley?  Where are the good ex NFL players when it comes to coaching?  I love the Dan Campbell tough guy schtick.  Where are all the Ray Lewis types?  How come they aren't coaching?  All the black guys are good enough to play and bust their bodies for years in the NFL.  But most never get a shot at coaching.  Good to see Al Harris coaching the DB's for the Cowboys.  Not trying to turn this into a discussion about race or prejudices in the NFL.  Just an observation of watching years of football.  

On 12/21/2023 at 5:31 PM, John from Riverside said:

We just got done beating Kansas City and Dallas

Head coaching is not going to be question going into the off-season

I wouldn’t be sure about that. There’s still meltdown potential here if we drop a game to Easton Stick and the decimated Chargers or the Patriots and miss the playoffs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.