This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

4 hours ago, teef said:

if anyone want to call me, i'll just give you a play by play over the phone.  i'll probably be ordering instacart online too just to be a jerk.

with tip to be extra grinchey 🙂

Merry Christmas teef

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know, not the same games…what if we put these games on Paramount+ ONLY next year?  “Unbridled Capitalism” can also punish firms—with less eyeballs ad revenue. 52M is a huge number, BUF 1M

“With a combined audience of over 52 million viewers the last two weeks, the Bills have been the most-watched team in the NFL…”

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They block phones

Audio on phones.
Anyone know why they do this? What’s the rationale? I can’t think of one. 

3 minutes ago, Eight17 said:

I'm just south of Rochester and get WGRZ on my Spectrum cable system. It's my understanding that we'll be getting the game on Channel 2. Is this not the case?

I'm not in the area so I'm not sure.

I've heard folks suggesting that the network affiliates out of Buffalo will be carrying the game but the ones based in Rochester cannot.

If you're getting GRZ and the above is true, I think you will be fine.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Audio on phones.

Yeah, this has always seemed weird to me. Maybe has something to do with game audio also being on Sirius and NFL+, and their contracts protecting the mobile rights. Probably some arcane law or contract clause. 

1 minute ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Jesus…..it’s not that serious.  Do a free trial or just pony up the 5 bucks for a month.  

Houses exploding, volcanoes erupting, wars, floods…..I get all that - but let me tell you about my personal dismay about the NFL’s streaming strategy….

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

I’ve tagged him a few times. As the thread picks up steam it’s clear a lot of people are jumping in without checking. 

Waiting for the OP to log back in and delete the thread out of embarrassment.

Hopefully he can provide us with a tagline so this thread can live in TBD infamy. It has a real “high level business meeting” vibe to it. 

He disappeared shortly after admitting he does pay for Peacock for his bar, and people pointed out that he could use the same login to watch it at home.  I think they're done.  

• Like (+1) 1

This gets a lot worse for WC Weekend. What a cluster idea for a National Playoff game. We won’t know which key teams will be blacked out Nationwide until late. Just not a good long term idea for the NFL. NFL Ticket? Good idea. Crap Peacock Network for Round #1 of your Playoff?  That’s dumb for the broader business 

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, teef said:

did you know i have various door dash, instacart and grubhub orders randomly dropped off at my house?  the drivers get sick of looking for right houses, and drop that ***** off on my front door.  is that what you picture heaven to be?

I don’t think you realize that you’re in Heaven right now.

I bet you hear Brian Adams singing every day.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

The high level business guy was a delta bravo and deserved to be piled on.  This is something entirely different, and frankly its kinda gross. 

What is the proper internet message board response for a guy who threatens to miss his first Bills game since before the drought because he won’t pay $6 for a subscription, only to have it turn out that he likely has not 1 but 2 subscriptions for the product. A product that by the way, he’ll likely be showing for a profit at not one, but two different bar/restaurants.

And what I’m really curious about now is, does this guy have a Peacock Sports Pass (for business) or is he just using the standard consumer version?Based on a total lack of self awareness I’d be willing to put a good amount of cash on he’s using a single consumer license at both establishments. 

When you lay it all out it’s hard to believe that this is even true. I’m not sure this guys even a real person. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

I know, not the same games…what if we put these games on Paramount+ ONLY next year?  “Unbridled Capitalism” can also punish firms—with less eyeballs ad revenue. 52M is a huge number, BUF 1M

“With a combined audience of over 52 million viewers the last two weeks, the Bills have been the most-watched team in the NFL…”

Audio on phones.

They want you to pay for game broadcasts. TuneIn premium and NFL+ both sell radio calls of games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.