MNF game thread: Philadelphia at Seattle

chongli

28 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Didn’t stay up to watch the game last night because I get up at 5:20am, but I did watch the end of it this morning, and that last TD catch by Seattle was not a catch. The guy bobbled it, and when he finally gained full control he had nothing in bounds….no feet, and his knee was out of bounds. And it looked like they didn’t even really review it? Or maybe NFL network just edited that part out for the rebroadcast this morning for time. In any case, if I’m the ref there, NO TD.

Thanks Yolo. This confirms what I said, and that is when he gains FULL CONTROL of the ball, his left foot is off of the ground, and his right knee is OOB. 😉

Edit: Just rewatched it about 20x….looks like no part of his right leg, knee or foot, even touches the ground (after he has full control of the ball) until it is OOB, as I see no movement of grass or ground inbounds. So, yeah, NO CATCH.

Edited by Bob Jones

8 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Thanks Yolo. This confirms what I said, and that is when he gains FULL CONTROL of the ball, his left foot is off of the ground, and his right knee is OOB. 😉

Edit: Just rewatched it about 20x….looks like no part of his right leg, knee or foot, even touches the ground until it is OOB. So, yeah, NO CATCH.

his lower leg/shin looks like it’s on the ground and he gains control right before his knee goes out of bounds, but Seattle definitely fortunate the ref called it a catch because I doubt that gets reversed either way.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

his lower leg/shin looks like it’s on the ground and he gains control right before his knee goes out of bounds, but Seattle definitely fortunate the ref called it a catch because I doubt that gets reversed either way.  

That's what I saw too.

In any case, ***** the Eagles.  They got enough calls in our game to last them a season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

of course the Eagles melt down AFTER we play them

The Eagles weren't being aided and abetted by the refs in the Seahawks game. Seattle also also had the home field advantage, their players made the plays when it really mattered (like that catch at the end) whereas ours (Davis) didn't and finally their coach didn't blink like ours did. Its yet another game we frittered away. So frustrating!

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Edit: Just rewatched it about 20x….looks like no part of his right leg, knee or foot, even touches the ground (after he has full control of the ball) until it is OOB, as I see no movement of grass or ground inbounds. So, yeah, NO CATCH.

Looks to me like both feet are in bounds by a good amount when he gains full possession. Guessing your definition of possession is just a lot stricter than the NFL’s. He bobbled it and then secured it with both hands and had both feet down at that point and dragged his knee inbounds too. I think it was probably a very easy TD call on review. 

The last INT is the one that really could have gone either way. I think with the super slomo we have now, it probably wasn’t an INT but I think it was close enough that it made sense not to overturn it. 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Strethor said:

Hire Patricia - Drew Lock 90+ yard GW drive

Can't make this up

You have to wonder what's going on there. The offense is extremely gimmick-y and Hurts is getting exposed 

Honestly, if i’m gonna lose I’ll take how the Eagles defense played that last possession.  They gave Lock no easy throws.  The other team gets paid too and the Seattle WR’s made 3 great catches and Lock threw 2 nice balls.  The pick Hurts threw in the end zone up 4 and driving late was what killed the Eagles.  

4 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Not sure what you're seeing here. He has full control of the ball with a shin and toe down in this shot from the end of the video YOLO posted. It was a catch for sure.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 120420.jpg

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.