Steelers Damontae Kazee Suspended Rest of Season

BuffaloBillyG

Was wondering why they never showed the reply during the game.  Now I see why.  

hopefully Pittman recovers but the colts lose every game.

OT-  I forget which poster was telling me Gabe Davis was equal to Michael Pittman and would get paid as much as him, if not more, this offseason?  😂. Who is you??  Own it!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I thought he might have killed the Colts receiver with that hit...it was brutal...but it was equally brutal on Minshew for throwing that ball to that location. You gotta be better as a QB and know you can't make that throw leading your receiver into that type of situation. That's why Minshew is a backup. Dude is going to get his receivers killed eventually.

Unacceptable throw by Minshew.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow, suspended the rest of the season? That seems pretty harsh.

Not if the league is serious about player health, sends a message to everyone, and that is a good thing imo, 😁👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

The penalty seemed a little harsh ... until I looked at his history:

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/nfl-fines-pittsburgh-steelers-damontae-kazee-fifth-time#:~:text=Kazee was one of nine,of which have been %2411%2C806.

Prior to this hit, he was fined 5 separate times for unnecessary roughness this season.

There's a clear history and intent here. This last one could have paralyzed his opponent. The suspension was the correct move.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

7 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Very brutal.  And not condoning the hit like that.

What was his other option though?  Slow down and then hit him? (NOT being sarcastic)

Yes pretty much. Or at least keep your head UP so he can see what he is hitting and how he is going into contact. Dropping your head and launching towards guys needs to be an automatic suspension, if not outright ban from the league. Enough is enough with this crap. It's just poor, lazy technique.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I thought he might have killed the Colts receiver with that hit...it was brutal...but it was equally brutal on Minshew for throwing that ball to that location. You gotta be better as a QB and know you can't make that throw leading your receiver into that type of situation. That's why Minshew is a backup. Dude is going to get his receivers killed eventually.

Not if the defender just tackles him instead…, just sayin, 

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Not if the defender just tackles him instead…, just sayin, 

No...because you assume when you are putting your WR in a defenseless position when 3 defenders are bearing down on him that the worst is going to happen. That's one of the first rules you learn as a QB, not to put your receivers in those positions.  He will be getting an earful from his OC/QB coach today when they watch the film.

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Not if the league is serious about player health, sends a message to everyone, and that is a good thing imo, 😁👍

Apparently, he has a history of that this season. So, I can get behind the suspension.

If this was a first time thing, I think it would be far too severe.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.