Dallas @ Buffalo Postgame Thread

HappyDays

2 hours ago, H2o said:

There are A LOT of Cowboys fans on my job. All of them last week were going out of their way to stop in my office and let me know the Cowboys were going to whoop up on the Bills. Trying to get me to bet $$$, which is not something I do anyway. All in all, they were quite an arrogant bunch. Haven't been able to find the first one today......anywhere. :lol:

Then, yesterday, I visited a new church for the first time. Me being me, I'm wearing a Bills hoodie yesterday morning. One of the things the Pastor incorporated into his message yesterday was about how his trip to go see the Cowboys play Philly had to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Then, at the end of the service, the Pastor asks for any first time visitors to please stand up. He sees me and says, "hold on one second....," and goes for his glasses on the podium. I began moving my hands across the image and writing on the hoodie, with a big grin on my face, like I was modeling it for QVC or something. He also had mentioned something about loving people, despite our differences, during his message too. He proceeded to say something about the Cowboys and I said, "It's alright Pastor, I love you anyway." He said to the rest of the congregation, "He ain't even a member here, and look, he's already causing trouble. That's ok, the Cowboys are gonna give y'all what you deserve today." We all had a good laugh. Yeah, he probably doesn't want to see me next Sunday. :lol:

Ah yes, the sin of boastful pride.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Very good analysis. 

The Miami game is not a gimme for the Bills.

That will be a close hard fought game on the road

Imaging being the only winning team the Dolphins beat this season, and its for the division...

• Haha (+1) 1

IMO the Bills won yesterday for a few reasons:

1. They ran the ball and the stuck with it all games That is something the Bills never would do.. or worse would make Allen the main RB.  Smart football!

2. The Bills D stopped the run and got constant pressure. the Cowboys for whatever reason never changed their passing o to short east passes for Dak to complete and move the ball. 

3. the team played for all 60 minutes! And damn they are good when they focus like that!

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully Wednesday or Thursday we don’t start hearing about a stomach bug, especially along the OL where there was a lot of close quarters breathing with the Boys D. It seems Parsons has been fighting it for over a week?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

This is one of my big points "why Brady is better than Dorsey"

• They scouted a defensive deficiency watching tape and planned an attack around it
  • When it worked, they dedicated to it kept hammering it until the defense broken *their* gameplan to counter

If the Dallas O had been clicking and keeping it a closer game and their D had adjusted, Josh could have thrown for more yards. But there was never a reason to, so why do it unless the D gives you a reason?

I am not saying that Bills will need an offseason install to have a great postseason offense.

But right now if I am making a list of the best skill position weapons on the team right now what do i see:

Diggs

Cook

Kincaid

Knox

If 2 tight ends and your RB are in the top 4 of that list, I think we can steal some concept from Shannahan

LOL did you see the piece Warner did prior to the Cowboys game?

https://www.nfl.com/videos/warner-and-carr-s-film-breakdown-preview-of-bills-cowboys-nfl-total-access

He explicitly diagrams a play we stole from the 49ers

16 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Sal Cappaccio REALLY does not like being called an “employee of the Bills”

But he is, isn't he? 

Edited by Beck Water

33 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

This was a special game for me as I really, really dislike the Dallas Cowboys and their owner. 

I can only hope that most fans saw in this game what I already knew in that McD and his defense outcoached the Cowboys on offense. Buffalo held Tyreek Hill to 3 catches for 58 yards. Mike Evens 3 receptions for 39 yards. Ja'Marr Chase 4 receptions for 41 yards. AJ Brown 5 receptions for 37 yards.  And in this game CeeDee Lamb 7 receptions for 53 yards. Not bad for a team without their best CB. Here is hoping that all the fans calling for McD to be fired finally wake up to see what's been happening this season. 

What I didn't know was that Joe Brady is a genius and way better than Brian Daboll or Ken Dorsey ever were. Those two would try and work Josh Allen's arm and legs until they were ready to fall off. Daboll's answer when the passing game wasn't working... was just to keep throwing!

Neither of those two knew how to work a run game like we saw from Buffalo on Sunday. The Buffalo offense was amazing and what I've been hoping for from the Buffalo Bills for years. Build a top-run game and work it when the passing game isn't working...and boy did it work! 

Well, this OC didn't wait to see if the Buffalo passing offense would work or not as he put the game on James Cook and allowed Josh Allen to be a game manager in handing the ball off all game long. This game plan defeated what the Cowboy's defense does best in rushing the passer. Their vaunted star defensive players did nothing.

The Best thing to happen to the Buffalo Bills this season was the parting ways with former OC Ken Dorsey.

Anyway, Dallas was out-coached on both sides of the ball this game. Yeah, OUT COACHED !!

For some real optimism with McDermott and how he's looked in the rough stretch, taking on both the HC and DC duties and having his OC just be garbage put massive pressure on him and made everything much worse. With Brady really picking up his end of the load and the team becoming highly motivated from that article it's really given him a second wind at DC and taken a bunch of pressure off decision making.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, AKC said:

Hopefully Wednesday or Thursday we don’t start hearing about a stomach bug, especially along the OL where there was a lot of close quarters breathing with the Boys D. It seems Parsons has been fighting it for over a week?

Please don't put that into the universe lol.

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/warner-and-carr-s-film-breakdown-preview-of-bills-cowboys-nfl-total-access

But he is, isn't he? 

He is, but mostly he tells it like he sees it and people really reach to try and paint him as some homer...Chris Brown is a homer.  Sal is definitely not.  At least if you listen to him for more than 20 minutes and don't interpret it the way you want to instead of listen to what he is actually saying.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Dan Orlovsky broke it down:

This is the kind of offensive gameplan I love and for some reason it eludes most play callers. You don't have to be fancy. Find a mismatch and attack it over and over and over again.

Spencer Brown: Coach I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to block Micah Parsons this week what should I do?

Brady: What are you crazy we're not going to do that.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

26 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

But he is, isn't he? 

No, he got very very angry at a caller and said “I’m a WGR employee”

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Spencer Brown: Coach I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to block Micah Parsons this week what should I do?

Imagine before the game looking into the future and seeing these headlines:

"Josh Allen throws for less than 100 yards"

"Bills WRs and TEs combine for less than 5 receptions"

"The Bills didn't bother blocking Micah Parsons"

"Bills DBs drop 3 INTs"

You'd probably bet the mortgage on the Cowboys. Insane game script.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

"Bills DBs drop 3 INTs"

It's why this is the best team we've had with this regime.

Prior years we were completely one dimensional.  Now we can win multiple ways.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

"Bills DBs drop 3 INTs"

"James Cook drops easy TD pass"

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

IMO the Bills won yesterday for a few reasons:

1. They ran the ball and the stuck with it all games That is something the Bills never would do.. or worse would make Allen the main RB.  Smart football!

2. The Bills D stopped the run and got constant pressure. the Cowboys for whatever reason never changed their passing o to short east passes for Dak to complete and move the ball. 

3. the team played for all 60 minutes! And damn they are good when they focus like that!

It feels like the disguised zone/late rotation into a different look really stumps a lot of qbs and quite a few ‘good’ ones.  

It felt like Dak was just deciding what his progressions were gonna be early on presnap and he stuck to it despite the defense clearly shifting into a different coverage.  Tua has felt the same against us

33 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So...we should keep doing that?

As someone who recently and repeatedly stated that I'm ready to see the Bills move on from Sean McDermott, it seems only fair for me to say this:

The team has very clearly not quit on Sean McDermott. They are not in any way acting or playing like a team who doesn't like their head coach or who want a change. If anything, the Dunne article seems to have united the team and provided an "us against the world" rallying cry.

Furthermore, yesterday's game was a "Sean McDermott's perfect ideal of what football should look like" game if ever I saw one. Masterful defense, the offense imposing their well, and physicality across the board. Very, very impressive.

The thing that stood out to me on TV is that you could SEE how hard the Bills were playing. The defense was absolutely flying around, hitting hard, popping pads, and playing MEAN and with swagger. The offense was physical and relentless. The whole team LOOKED like it was playing playoff football, whereas the Cowboys absolutely did not.

For the defense to play as well as it did, missing as many key players as it is, against such a great offense, was MASSIVELY impressive. For the offense to impose its will and dominate physically the way it did, just running the ball over and over and over, was also massively impressive, both from a physical standpoint and from a "Joe Brady is just gonna keep doing the simple and obvious thing until you stop it" tactical standpoint.

Yesterday was the most thorough, impressive, across-the-board win I've seen from the Bills in quite some time. Great jobs from both offensive and defensive coaching. Great jobs from both lines of scrimmage. Great jobs by the players in executing. Just a no-doubt-about-it 60 minute ass whoopin. 

What else can I say? Give Brady his flowers. Give McDermott his flowers. Give Cook and the o-line their flowers. Masterful, impressive, awesome win. GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What if...we just ran the play in the opposite direction of their best defensive player every snap?

1 minute ago, Logic said:

As someone who recently and repeatedly stated that I'm ready to see the Bills move on from Sean McDermott, it seems only fair for me to say this:

The team has very clearly not quit on Sean McDermott. They are not in any way acting or playing like a team who doesn't like their head coach or who want a change. If anything, the Dunne article seems to have united the team and provided an "us against the world" rallying cry.

Furthermore, yesterday's game was a "Sean McDermott's perfect ideal of what football should look like" game if ever I saw one. Masterful defense, the offense imposing their well, and physicality across the board. Very, very impressive.

The thing that stood out to me on TV is that you could SEE how hard the Bills were playing. The defense was absolutely flying around, hitting hard, popping pads, and playing MEAN and with swagger. The offense was physical and relentless. The whole team LOOKED like it was playing playoff football, whereas the Cowboys absolutely did not.

For the defense to play as well as it did, missing as many key players as it is, against such a great offense, was MASSIVELY impressive. For the offense to impose its will and dominate physically the way it did, just running the ball over and over and over, was also massively impressive, both from a physical standpoint and from a "Joe Brady is just gonna keep doing the simple and obvious thing until you stop it" tactical standpoint.

Yesterday was the most thorough, impressive, across-the-board win I've seen from the Bills in quite some time. Great jobs from both offensive and defensive coaching. Great jobs from both lines of scrimmage. Great jobs by the players in executing. Just a no-doubt-about-it 60 minute ass whoopin. 

What else can I say? Give Brady his flowers. Give McDermott his flowers. Give Cook and the o-line their flowers. Masterful, impressive, awesome win. GO BILLS!!!

I was ready to move on from McDermott too. There has been a definite fire lit since Dorsey left. 

I will still have my gripes, but at the very least Brady is doing the things that are so obvious that fans have been begging for...and for the most part its worked!

One thing that stood out to me in the Get Up segment was simply "the Bills set late". Setting late, using motion for mismatches, attacking a defense deficiency...none of them required a complete overhaul of the defense, just doing things with purpose instead of trying to play Madden

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.