Harvard: A Woke Joke And They're Hardly Alone. DEI Hire Gay Resigns As President

BillsFanNC

Gay had 11 academic papers published when she was appointed president of Harvard? Of friggin Harvard?!

:lol:

That's like getting to the All star game when you only played a handful of games as a backup.

Heck, even I have 13 published papers.

Tale of Two Harvard Presidents

In 2006, Harvard president Larry Summers was forced to resign.

His crime, among other things, was a speech he had given the year prior, in which he suggested that gender disparities in science and engineering might be the result of innate differences between men and women. The speech led to a furious backlash, and a no-confidence vote from Harvard faculty.

When Summers became president of Harvard in 2001, he boasted an impressive resume: He had served as the Secretary of the US Treasury, chief economist at the World Bank, and the youngest-ever Harvard economics professor to achieve tenure.

He had published six books and well over 100 academic articles. None of his work had ever been accused of plagiarism.

Fast forward to 2022: Harvard appoints Claudine Gay to serve as its newest president.

At the time, Gay had published a career total of 11 academic articles. For context, Summers published more than that in the single year of 1987.

Gay had never published an academic book. As David Randall of @NASorg noted when she was appointed, "very few professors can even get tenure with so thin a publication record — absent the tailwind from [diversity] quotas."

But Gay was able to ascend to the most prestigious position at the most prestigious university in the world.

Now, thanks to the reporting of @realchrisrufo and @realChrisBrunet, we know that Gay's anemic academic output wasn't even all hers. She lifted entire paragraphs of her work from other authors, without proper attribution.

As we saw with Larry Summers, Harvard presidents have been ousted for far less. But in spite of all that, the Harvard board is unanimously standing by Gay — and the legacy media is circling the wagons.

This is business as usual for modern academia: Political favoritism, racial preferences, and corrupt self-dealing. It's a racket. And if the polls are any indication, Americans are finally beginning to realize as much.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Gay had 11 academic papers published when she was appointed president of Harvard? Of friggin Harvard?!

That's like getting to the All star game when you only played a handful of games as a backup.

His crime, among other things, was a speech he had given the year prior, in which he suggested that gender disparities in science and engineering might be the result of innate differences between men and women. The speech led to a furious backlash, and a no-confidence vote from Harvard faculty.

When Summers became president of Harvard in 2001, he boasted an impressive resume: He had served as the Secretary of the US Treasury, chief economist at the World Bank, and the youngest-ever Harvard economics professor to achieve tenure.

He had published six books and well over 100 academic articles. None of his work had ever been accused of plagiarism.

Fast forward to 2022: Harvard appoints Claudine Gay to serve as its newest president.

At the time, Gay had published a career total of 11 academic articles. For context, Summers published more than that in the single year of 1987.

Gay had never published an academic book. As David Randall of @NASorg noted when she was appointed, "very few professors can even get tenure with so thin a publication record — absent the tailwind from [diversity] quotas."

But Gay was able to ascend to the most prestigious position at the most prestigious university in the world.

Now, thanks to the reporting of @realchrisrufo and @realChrisBrunet, we know that Gay's anemic academic output wasn't even all hers. She lifted entire paragraphs of her work from other authors, without proper attribution.

As we saw with Larry Summers, Harvard presidents have been ousted for far less. But in spite of all that, the Harvard board is unanimously standing by Gay — and the legacy media is circling the wagons.

This is business as usual for modern academia: Political favoritism, racial preferences, and corrupt self-dealing. It's a racket. And if the polls are any indication, Americans are finally beginning to realize as much.

Look at these idiots get their panties in a bunch over FREE SPEECH.

They never fn think.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's very unfortunate but when you see what the president of Harvard looks like I don't think your first thought is that she earned it through merit. Same with our vice president or the newest member of the Supreme Court. There are some that do deserve their titles but it's unfortunate that there are so many that don't that it really sullies it for everyone else

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's very unfortunate but when you see what the president of Harvard looks like I don't think your first thought is that she earned it through merit. Same with our vice president or the newest member of the Supreme Court. There are some that do deserve their titles but it's unfortunate that there are so many that don't that it really sullies it for everyone else

Right lol

Nobody was ever supposed to believe that she actually earned her phd or her job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

They never fn think.

I don't think that's the issue.  I think you're missing or avoiding something very obvious.  I think the issue is there's a clear and obvious double standard in effect.  When some fringe left nutjob says something controversial the contention is "free speech" but when some fringe right nutjob says something controversial the contention is "hate speech".  I'm not advocating for censorship of freedom of expression for anybody, including this university president, but it's clear the rules of the game are not being applied evenly across the board.  In this case, the left being in control of the institution refuses to self-regulate themselves while not giving others the same courtesy,

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LeviF said:

I’m glad she wasn’t fired. If she was, it may have given the impression, to people of a certain level of credulity, that the institutions are salvageable. 

I too embrace the downward spiral of wokism and the fallacy of DEI. It has always been a veiled form of racism.

I mean, your skin pigments determine your minimum SAT threshold requirement? That’s messed up. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I too embrace the downward spiral of wokism and the fallacy of DEI. It has always been a veiled form of racism.

I mean, your skin pigments determine your minimum SAT threshold requirement? That’s messed up. 

Don't forget the MCAT and LSAT. Gonna have some serious competency crises in medicine and law in the near future.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Don't forget the MCAT and LSAT. Gonna have some serious competency crises in medicine and law in the near future.

I’m not convinced we don’t already see the issue. The lack of fundamental root cause analysis in medical treatment is unnerving. 

it’s like every ailment is an episode of house…. 

add in the pill popping industry subsidized by the government sponsored pharma oligopoly et voila… 

I think with law, even after you get the degree, there is still a meritocracy related to performance that comes in to play at some point, more so than medicine imo. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think with law, even after you get the degree, there is still a meritocracy related to performance that comes in to play at some point, more so than medicine imo. 

Not with federal judiciary appointments. lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Tiberius said:

Ai will replace them all 

One of the problems with that, at least with the law, is that the boards still determine who is admitted to the bar. And professionally, the people on the boards still have livelihoods that depend on AI not replacing them. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

They never fn think.

If a group of students at Harvard said "kill all the blacks" - is that acceptable to you?   You know they would be punished.  Why different here?   Here is the transcript.  She should resign or be fired.  

Congresswoman Stefanik: Dr. Gay, a Harvard student calling for the mass murder of African Americans is not protected free speech at Harvard, correct?

President Gay: Our commitment to free speech -

Congresswoman Stefanik: It’s a yes or no question. Is that correct? Is that okay for students to call for the mass murder of African Americans at Harvard? Is the protected free speech?

Congresswoman Stefanik: It’s a yes or no question. Let me ask you this: you are president of Harvard so I assume you are familiar with the term “Intifada,” correct?

President Gay: I have heard that term, yes.

Congresswoman Stefanik: And you understand that the use of the term “intifada” in the context of the Israeli-Arab conflict is indeed a call for violent armed resistance against the State of Israel, including violence against civilians and the genocide of Jews. Are you aware of that?

President Gay: That type of hateful speech is personally abhorrent to me.

Congresswoman Stefanik: And there have been multiple marches at Harvard with student chanting “There is only one solution. Intifada revolution” and “Globalize the Intifada,” is that correct? 

President Gay: I’ve heard that thoughtless, reckless, and hateful language on our campus, yes.

Congresswoman Stefanik: So based upon your testimony, you understand that this call for intifada is to commit genocide against the Jewish people in Israel and globally, correct?

President Gay: I will say again, that type of hateful speech is personally abhorrent to me. 

Congresswoman Stefanik: Do you believe that type of hateful speech is contrary to Harvard’s Code of Conduct or is it allowed at Harvard?

President Gay: It is at odds with the values of Harvard.

Congresswoman Stefanik: Can you not say here that it is against the Code of Conduct at Harvard?

President Gay: We embrace a commitment to free expression even of views that are objectionable, offensive, hateful - it’s when that speech crosses into conduct that violates our policies against bullying, harassment, intimidation…

Congresswoman Stefanik: Does that speech not cross that barrier? Does that speech not call for the genocide of Jews and the elimination of Israel? You testified that you understand that that is the definition of “intifada.” Is that speech according to the Code of Conduct or not?

President Gay: We embrace a commitment to free expression and give a wide berth to free expression even of views that are objectionable, outrageous and offensive.

Congresswoman Stefanik: You and I both know that that is not the case. You are aware that Harvard ranked dead last when it came to free speech, are you not aware of that report? 

President Gay: As I’ve observed earlier, I reject that characterization of our campus. 

Congresswoman Stefanik: The data show’s it’s true and isn’t it true that Harvard previously rescinded multiple offers of admissions for applicants and accepted freshman for sharing offensive memes, racist statements, sometimes as young as 16-years-old. Did Harvard not rescind those offers of admission? 

President Gay: That long predates my time as president so I can’t speak -

Congresswoman Stefanik: But you understand that Harvard made that decision to rescind those offers of admission. 

President Gay: I have no reason to contradict the facts as you present them to me.

Congresswoman Stefanik: Correct, because it’s a fact. You’re also aware that a Winthrop House faculty dean was let go over who he chose to legally represent. Correct? That was while you were dean.

President Gay: That is an incorrect characterization of what transpired. 

Congresswoman Stefanik: What’s the characterization? 

President Gay: I’m not going to get into details about a personnel matter. 

Congresswoman Stefanik: Well let me ask you this: will admission offers be rescinded or any disciplinary action be taken against students or applicants who say, “from the river to the sea” or “intifada” advocating for the murder of Jews. 

President Gay: As I’ve said, that type of hateful, reckless, offensive speech is personally abhorrent to me.

Congresswoman Stefanik: No action will be taken? What action will be taken? 

President Gay: When speech crosses into conduct that violates our policies, including policies against bullying, harassment and intimidation, we take action. We have robust disciplinary processes that allow us to hold individuals accountable.

Congresswoman Stefanik: What action has been taken against students who are harassing and calling for the genocide of jews on Harvards campus?

President Gay: I can assure you, we have robust disciplinary actions.

Congresswoman Stefanik: What actions have been taken? I’m not asking, I’m asking what actions have been taken against those students.

President Gay: Given students rights to privacy and our obligations under FERPA. I will not say more about any specific cases other than to reiterate that processes are ongoing.

Congresswoman Stefanik: Do you know what the number one hate crime in America is?

President Gay: I know that over the last couple of months there has been an alarming rise of antisemitism which I understand is the critical topic that we are here to discuss. 

Congresswoman Stefanik: That's correct. It is anti-Jewish hate crimes. And Harvard ranks the lowest when it comes to protecting Jewish students. This is why I have called for your resignation and your testimony today and not being able to answer with moral clarity speaks volumes.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Irv said:

If a group of students at Harvard said "kill all the blacks" - is that acceptable to you?   You know they would be punished.  Why different here?   Here is the transcript.  She should resign or be fired.  

Congresswoman Stefanik: Dr. Gay, a Harvard student calling for the mass murder of African Americans is not protected free speech at Harvard, correct?

Congresswoman Stefanik: It’s a yes or no question. Is that correct? Is that okay for students to call for the mass murder of African Americans at Harvard? Is the protected free speech?

Congresswoman Stefanik: It’s a yes or no question. Let me ask you this: you are president of Harvard so I assume you are familiar with the term “Intifada,” correct?

President Gay: I have heard that term, yes.

Congresswoman Stefanik: And you understand that the use of the term “intifada” in the context of the Israeli-Arab conflict is indeed a call for violent armed resistance against the State of Israel, including violence against civilians and the genocide of Jews. Are you aware of that?

President Gay: That type of hateful speech is personally abhorrent to me.

Congresswoman Stefanik: And there have been multiple marches at Harvard with student chanting “There is only one solution. Intifada revolution” and “Globalize the Intifada,” is that correct? 

President Gay: I’ve heard that thoughtless, reckless, and hateful language on our campus, yes.

Congresswoman Stefanik: So based upon your testimony, you understand that this call for intifada is to commit genocide against the Jewish people in Israel and globally, correct?

President Gay: I will say again, that type of hateful speech is personally abhorrent to me. 

Congresswoman Stefanik: Do you believe that type of hateful speech is contrary to Harvard’s Code of Conduct or is it allowed at Harvard?

President Gay: It is at odds with the values of Harvard.

Congresswoman Stefanik: Can you not say here that it is against the Code of Conduct at Harvard?

President Gay: We embrace a commitment to free expression even of views that are objectionable, offensive, hateful - it’s when that speech crosses into conduct that violates our policies against bullying, harassment, intimidation…

Congresswoman Stefanik: Does that speech not cross that barrier? Does that speech not call for the genocide of Jews and the elimination of Israel? You testified that you understand that that is the definition of “intifada.” Is that speech according to the Code of Conduct or not?

President Gay: We embrace a commitment to free expression and give a wide berth to free expression even of views that are objectionable, outrageous and offensive.

Congresswoman Stefanik: You and I both know that that is not the case. You are aware that Harvard ranked dead last when it came to free speech, are you not aware of that report? 

President Gay: As I’ve observed earlier, I reject that characterization of our campus. 

Congresswoman Stefanik: The data show’s it’s true and isn’t it true that Harvard previously rescinded multiple offers of admissions for applicants and accepted freshman for sharing offensive memes, racist statements, sometimes as young as 16-years-old. Did Harvard not rescind those offers of admission? 

President Gay: That long predates my time as president so I can’t speak -

Congresswoman Stefanik: But you understand that Harvard made that decision to rescind those offers of admission. 

President Gay: I have no reason to contradict the facts as you present them to me.

Congresswoman Stefanik: Correct, because it’s a fact. You’re also aware that a Winthrop House faculty dean was let go over who he chose to legally represent. Correct? That was while you were dean.

President Gay: That is an incorrect characterization of what transpired. 

Congresswoman Stefanik: What’s the characterization? 

President Gay: I’m not going to get into details about a personnel matter. 

Congresswoman Stefanik: Well let me ask you this: will admission offers be rescinded or any disciplinary action be taken against students or applicants who say, “from the river to the sea” or “intifada” advocating for the murder of Jews. 

President Gay: As I’ve said, that type of hateful, reckless, offensive speech is personally abhorrent to me.

Congresswoman Stefanik: No action will be taken? What action will be taken? 

President Gay: When speech crosses into conduct that violates our policies, including policies against bullying, harassment and intimidation, we take action. We have robust disciplinary processes that allow us to hold individuals accountable.

Congresswoman Stefanik: What action has been taken against students who are harassing and calling for the genocide of jews on Harvards campus?

President Gay: I can assure you, we have robust disciplinary actions.

Congresswoman Stefanik: What actions have been taken? I’m not asking, I’m asking what actions have been taken against those students.

President Gay: Given students rights to privacy and our obligations under FERPA. I will not say more about any specific cases other than to reiterate that processes are ongoing.

Congresswoman Stefanik: Do you know what the number one hate crime in America is?

President Gay: I know that over the last couple of months there has been an alarming rise of antisemitism which I understand is the critical topic that we are here to discuss. 

Congresswoman Stefanik: That's correct. It is anti-Jewish hate crimes. And Harvard ranks the lowest when it comes to protecting Jewish students. This is why I have called for your resignation and your testimony today and not being able to answer with moral clarity speaks volumes.

None of it is appropriate... 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

you know, you’d really got a hand it to the conservatives a place where free speech is allowed just like they want it, and they want to ridicule it

Most of this stuff is not appropriate. I find it interesting how conservatives tell us what is appropriate and what is not they are the most hateful and violent group on the planet.

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

you know, you’d really got a hand it to the conservatives a place where free speech is allowed just like they want it, and they want to ridicule it

Most of this stuff is not appropriate. I find it interesting how conservatives tell us what is appropriate and what is not they are the most hateful and violent group on the planet.

Exactly. It doesn't even faze these idiots when they post garbage from known white supremacists like Jack Posobiec and Elon Musk or...

18 minutes ago, LeviF said:

>most violent group on the planet

damnwhitepeople.thumb.JPG.4f2bd4d08e79674cc97e4a24464af57f.JPG

Post stuff like this with no context or source.

The War on White people is strong with these nutters.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Black people tend to be violent towards their own race

Let’s make sure that we keep this in context

They also tend to be more violent towards other races than other groups.

17% of homicides of white victims were committed by blacks in 2019.

Meanwhile only 8% of homicides of black victims were committed by whites in the same year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LeviF said:

The very same morons who demanded that we follow the science when it meant everyone else needs to close up shop and stay home.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

The very same morons who demanded that we follow the science when it meant everyone else needs to close up shop and stay home.

Wow, Karen had to go all the way back to JUNE 10, 2020 for this gem.

Gee, who was POTUS then and ignored his intelligence?

Cry harder B

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

I'm confused.  In an earlier post you said it was "FREE SPEECH".   What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Exactly.

We can't keep up with the cult, right Irv?

Funny when you freaks are upset about offensive language.

Right?

I could give a *****.  Doesn't impact me.  But you're two-faced.  You said - "Free Speech" if you say "kill the Jews."  Nuke Gaza.  What a mess.    

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

I could give a *****.  Doesn't impact me.  But you're two-faced.  You said - "Free Speech" if you say "kill the Jews."  Nuke Gaza.  What a mess.    

Two faced? No, that's you. You only care about what you're told.

Don't you f'n dare put words in MY MOUTH when your savior, King Jesus Trump, is blaming Jews for destroying America and dining with antisemites at Ped-o-Lago.

Get the H out of here.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's me be clear, and I'll actually be clear, as opposed to KJP who becomes increasingly turbid after uttering that phrase..

I'm a free speech absolutist. I think hate speech, including hate speech against ethic or racial groups is protected. As abhorrent as these ideas and speech are, you should be allowed to voice them and in turn be called out for the horrible person that you are.

However, as Billsfuk.c should well know,  that's not the issue here. Harvard has hate speech rules that it does not apply equally. This is about Harvard and other institutions not applying the same standard across the board.

Billsfuk.c either already knew that or he's just a moron of epic proportions.

I'm going with the latter.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Don't you f'n dare put words in MY MOUTH when your savior, King Jesus Trump, is blaming Jews for destroying America and dining with antisemites at Ped-o-Lago.

Get the H out of here.

Oh no red font.  The horror.  Ha.  You're funny.  I don't like your face.  Both of them.  What a mess. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Let's me be clear, and I'll actually be clear, as opposed to KJP who becomes increasingly turbid after uttering that phrase..

I'm a free speech absolutist. I think hate speech, including hate speech against ethic or racial groups is protected. As abhorrent as these ideas and speech are, you should be allowed to voice them and in turn be called out for the horrible person that you are.

However, as Billsfuk.c should well know,  that's not the issue here. Harvard has hate speech rules that it does not apply equally. This is about Harvard and other institutions not applying the same standard across the board.

Billsfuk.c either already knew that or he's just a moron of epic proportions.

I'm going with the latter.

Shall we highlight every thread that you start here that targets women and gays?

Best you sit this one out, Karen.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Oh no red font.  The horror.  Ha.  You're funny.  I don't like your face.  Both of them.  What a mess. 

Nuke Gaza.  

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Get the H out of here.

What are you ***** Will Smith?  You make me laugh.  Thank you.  Don't stroke out.  Hilarious.  What a mess.

Edited by Irv
  • Thank you (+1) 1