Gabe's momma chimes in

Process

I think Daboll had a better handle on how to use Gabe's skill set. 

It went completely off the rails when they tried to use him more as an option in the flat where he struggles getting separation in those tight quarters.

He also had some untimely drops this season.

I can understand the frustration as this is a contract year for Davis that happens to coincide with a deep draft at the position and Gabe is not having a significant role in the game plans.

Players have to think about their careers too, so I get it even if I think family members should keep behind the sidelines and hit the brakes on airing out grievances on social media.

Mama Gabe doesn't know Kincaid catches every thing, runs great routes, Josh knows where Dalton is.  Mama Gabe- sorry to inform you Gabe has had some crucial drops, Gabe zigs when Josh thinks Gabe zags, Dalton knows Route Tree  Gabe knows Route Bush

Mama- who would you throw to if you want the Bills to win?

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Romo nailed it. He missed him because of the internal pressure.  Romo would know!

Well, people have made a point that the OL seems to be holding on the TV view just before it switches downfield. 

So I'd love to hear from someone with the all-22

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, people have made a point that the OL seems to be holding on the TV view just before it switches downfield. 

So I'd love to hear from someone with the all-22

I watched it live. It did seem that Josh had to shift to left because of the pressure.  I caught that before Romo mentioned it. Josh would have had to throw slightly across his body to get Gabe!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

this is a joke right?

Davis has 3 games out of the past 5 where he had 2, 0 and 2 targets.  When he actually "force feeds" Davis say, games with 7, 8, 12 targets, he's responded with 92, 100, 87, 105 yards.

These takes get worse and worse.

Davis disappears against good defences. He has his moments but he’s very inconsistent at getting open and catching contested balls. Over the past 5 games pretty sure the Eagles is the D that might be struggling the most right now out of those 5 opponents. Ironically it was his only good game. All the other teams we played have been playing solid D 

45 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I think Daboll had a better handle on how to use Gabe's skill set. 

It went completely off the rails when they tried to use him more as an option in the flat where he struggles getting separation in those tight quarters.

He also had some untimely drops this season.

I can understand the frustration as this is a contract year for Davis that happens to coincide with a deep draft at the position and Gabe is not having a significant role in the game plans.

Players have to think about their careers too, so I get it even if I think family members should keep behind the sidelines and hit the brakes on airing out grievances on social media.

I think the loss of Beas and the fact we have no other capable #2 Gabe has gotten more attention and he’s just not good enough to handle it. 

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Davis disappears against good defences. He has his moments but he’s very inconsistent at getting open and catching contested balls. Over the past 5 games pretty sure the Eagles is the D that might be struggling the most right now out of those 5 opponents. Ironically it was his only good game. All the other teams we played have been playing solid D 

Bills WR! essentially disappeared 2 months ago...

And he had a total of 51 yards vs the Jets and KC Defenses----2 and 3 yards per target!!

But Davis, with hardly any targets recently, yet still #2 in yards, 1st downs and TDs is THE huge problem in the receiver room...

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills WR! essentially disappeared 2 months ago...

And he had a total of 51 yards vs the Jets and KC Defenses----2 and 3 yards per target!!

But Davis, with hardly any targets recently, yet still #2 in yards, 1st downs and TDs is THE huge problem in the receiver room...

It’s been a problem since last year

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Kind of funny how Davis got all the blame for not breaking off his route against Philly, yet there's little blame for Allen missing Gabe wide open for a TD for the 2nd week in a row.

to be clear, Davis got the blame at Philly because he DID break off his route.

If he had kept running straight, he was open and catches ball Josh threw.

4 minutes ago, BananaB said:

It’s been a problem since last year

He finished last year as #2 in yards, TDs, 1st downs and #1 in YPC.  This year he has cut down his drop % by half--the same as Digg's now (although Diggs has twice as many drops this year)

what else you got?

Just now, pennstate10 said:

to be clear, Davis got the blame at Philly because he DID break off his route.

If he had kept running straight, he was open and catches ball Josh threw.

I was under the impression he had a corner route and should have recognized the pressure and ran a post instead?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Peter said:

As an aside, one of our most pressing issues is pass protection. Josh hardly ever seemed comfortable in the pocket . . . and for good reason.

It was pointed out in the post-game thread that KC's defense is one of the best in the league against the pass.  4th in pass Y/A, tied for 3rd in sacks, 3rd in sack %, 5th in QB hits, 2nd for pressure %, 5th for hurry %. 

So while I'd love to see more investment in OL, esp. at C and RT, it has to be understood that even the very best pass protecting OLs are not going to keep their QB looking comfortable in the pocket against the very best pass defenses.  There have to be other strategies available.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.