Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

i am going to coin the term positionism. it's a form of a radiational ism but about the position you play. because von is a linebacker not a punter he gets special treatment.

we already have terms for the treatment of classes of wealth and all other things. we need to sew more division amongst everyone and we need to now!

#stoppositionism

• Haha (+1) 2

At the risk of reading too deeply into the tea leaves....

I think the way McD is handling the Von situation vs Bean is interesting. 

Bean explicitly said "These allegations are out of character". 

McD has danced around it and said "You spoke to Brandon. These are very serious allegations that I take very seriously". 

Fry me all you want.

The Bills have a ton of cap $$ tied up. The league trying to save face and hoping we take on the dead cap 4 them, to let them off the hook of taking a position.

A no from me Dogg.

If we're paying him, mind as well monitor his recovery and hope he gets back to playing elite for a possible run.

Nfl can take the heat in mean time, and If they don't like it, move him to commissioners list.

I watch this for entertainment, I'm able to cheer for the team and not the player. We all watch movies with scumbags in them, or directed them.

Is what it is

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I'm just confused. 

He was arrested via a warrant, arraigned, booked and released on bond. That is beyond allegation and IS being charged formally. 

So the NFL / Bills are saying "we are waiting a bit after he was charged to see if the whole deal sticks" 

Really, I'm not against a rush to judgement, but to see him on the field and active during this time is really concerning. 

Especially because he doesn’t produce at all, he just runs up the field and stops. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

At the risk of reading too deeply into the tea leaves....

I think the way McD is handling the Von situation vs Bean is interesting. 

Bean explicitly said "These allegations are out of character". 

McD has danced around it and said "You spoke to Brandon. These are very serious allegations that I take very seriously". 

I am employed hundreds of people for many years. What they were doing in their personal lives was none of my business, and I really wasn’t able to ask them or my HR Department. I can understand how this gets really challenging for everybody involved. 

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The thing about that, that was confusing to me was that apparently he was recording first which just seems really odd in that situation. 🤷‍♂️

As somebody who grew up in an abusive household that isn't shocking to me. "Look at you. Crying on the floor. You are so sad and weak. You stupid (insert bad word)" is a pretty common phrasing from abusers in the moment. Other victims (women/children) I have met over the years have said something similar.  Part of being an abuser is that those people think their partner is somehow deserving of it. 

So it isn't a huge leap to me that in almost 2024, somebody who is physically abusive would also record it. Because ultimately they view it as justified anyways. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

Hopefully Von has finally hit his stride during the bye week and is ready to bring that same level of aggression to a football field now 🙄.  All hypocrisy aside.

Depends, is Mahomes expecting?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I am employed hundreds of people for many years. What they were doing in their personal lives was none of my business, and I really wasn’t able to ask them or my HR Department. I can understand how this gets really challenging for everybody involved. 

Totally. But I think the one caveat is that it is not any of your business until you find out about it. And if your lead salesmen, engineer, attorney, shows up in the Niagara Falls police blotter or the Buffalo News, now you know. 

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Fry me all you want.

The Bills have a ton of cap $$ tied up. The league trying to save face and hoping we take on the dead cap 4 them, to let them off the hook of taking a position.

A no from me Dogg.

If we're paying him, mind as well monitor his recovery and hope he gets back to playing elite for a possible run.

Nfl can take the heat in mean time, and If they don't like it, move him to commissioners list.

I watch this for entertainment, I'm able to cheer for the team and not the player. We all watch movies with scumbags in them, or directed them.

Is what it is

I do also feel Beane deflected things to the NFL, which is smart. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Totally. But I think the one caveat is that it is not any of your business until you find out about it. And if your lead salesmen, engineer, attorney, shows up in the Niagara Falls police blotter or the Buffalo News, now you know. 

Agreed....but I still have to tread very lightly. As I and others have said, an allegation is NOT a conviction of anything.

15 minutes ago, boyst said:

i am going to coin the term positionism. it's a form of a radiational ism but about the position you play. because von is a linebacker not a punter he gets special treatment.

we already have terms for the treatment of classes of wealth and all other things. we need to sew more division amongst everyone and we need to now!

#stoppositionism

The people that divide us the most are the ones complaining about the definitions and what cultures or groups call themselves.

19 minutes ago, Process said:

Bottom line is McBeane has no balls. Von is dealing with troubling accusations AND has been completely useless on the field, and they still won't bench him in fear of looking like complete suckers for giving him that contract.

Or… they completely lose the locker room and ability to sell this organization to future free agents when they keep caving to an angry mob.  

Would you want to play for a team that took action against players two years in a row based on allegations?

Arrest does not equal conviction. 

I wouldn’t.  

Von is loved in the locker room, and throughout the league.  

You very much underestimate the ripple effect of the Bills turning their players into punching bags for those outside the organization. 

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Listening to Beane now and him saying this is out of character is... Odd.

This is who Miller is

I'd have to think with how much time Von was spending with Beane in the offseason with him wanting to shadow him that this is having an effect on Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I do also feel Beane deflected things to the NFL, which is smart. 

I am in camp "Eff Von Miller" so lets get that one out of the way. I don't want him on the team any longer. More so than a Nike or Apple, stuff I purchase and use, I don't cheer for my phone. I cheer for my favorite sports team and I would like them to have some sense of right and wrong because of it. 

I can tolerate the  "We are letting the league run its course". To which I would hope is sort of kicking the can down the road to sort the cap situation out. And even if it is not, it is enough for me to pretend it is on Sundays. 

What I am really struggling with is the "This is out of character". Because it isn't. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Or… they completely lose the locker room and ability to sell this organization to future free agents when they keep caving to an angry mob.  

Would you want to play for a team that took action against players two years in a row based on allegations?

Arrest does not equal conviction. 

I wouldn’t.  

Von is loved in the locker room, and throughout the league.  

You very much underestimate the ripple effect of the Bills turning their players into punching bags for those outside the organization. 

Beans runs a business in a league that has equal or greater offenders on every team. His lack of reaction based on accusations is totally fine business wise. Ethics and morality are often less important in the business world when it comes to issues like this. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.