Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

5 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

For sure, but was he asked if it was out of character or did he bring it up on his own? Legally, those past events never happened and that’s the narrative that Beane needs to tone his messages by. He really can’t come out and be like “Nah dudes trash,” he has to tote that professional response line. 

If asked if this is out of character

"Von is a tremendous player and contributes a lot to the organization and community."

If pressed there are plenty of outs. 

If not asked, you don't bring up his character when it's already been in jeopardy. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

It's a no brainer to keep Von away from team.  His play is terrible and we already have 4 DEs.  I don't know what Beane is doing, but its embarrassing. 

I think it's Beane being cut between a rock and a hard place:

-He cannot cut Von Miller to remove temptation. It is mathematically impossible

-If he suspends Miller the team is paying Miller a lot NOT to contribute. If the team looks the same or better, it's a terrible deal he signed. If the Bills look worse, he's the one who took a weapon off the field for McDermott

My only guess is that Beane is hoping that Miller comes back and kills it, and then trusts that Bills fans will enjoy winning more than they want to reckon with Miller's off the field actions. 

It's not a great look, but none of this is a great look

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I agree.  Tell me which team rules, or social media policies, Von has violated?

You said you don't believe they can and I simply pointed out two examples of them being able to. 

I wouldn't doubt for one second that there exists some team rule that says if you're arrested on suspicion of beating a pregnant woman that you can be suspended (or can at least be interpreted as such). Believing otherwise is simply naive. 

Edited by yall
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

when they keep caving to an angry mob.

dude, 911 was called. Something clearly happened between them. The downside of fame is that the 911 call is public.

That wasn't MY quote... that was the angry SCBills.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I think it's Beane being cut between a rock and a hard place:

-He cannot cut Von Miller to remove temptation. It is mathematically impossible

-If he suspends Miller the team is paying Miller a lot NOT to contribute. If the team looks the same or better, it's a terrible deal he signed. If the Bills look worse, he's the one who took a weapon off the field for McDermott

My only guess is that Beane is hoping that Miller comes back and kills it, and then trusts that Bills fans will enjoy winning more than they want to reckon with Miller's off the field actions. 

It's not a great look, but none of this is a great look

It's really not that complicated.  Change nothing with Miller's roster status, and tell him to stay home.  On injury report, he is out for personal reasons.  We don't need the roster spot, so who cares.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Process said:

Von shouldn't be on the field because he sucks, and is giving zero effort on the field. He should benched based on his play. 

They were given a good excuse and time to do it but aren't, because no balls.

Has nothing to do with an "angry mob" you keep trying to make this about. 

Well this is simply goalpost moving. 

I’ll agree that Von shouldn’t be given the snaps he’s receiving based on production.  

Using this to justify it is dirty work and would not play well in the locker room or around the league. 

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It's really not that complicated.  Change nothing with Miller's roster status, and tell him to stay home.  On injury report, he is out for personal reasons.  We don't need the roster spot, so who cares.

Oh, I agree with you. And if McDermott wasn't staring a lost season in his face they might have stuck to their guns. But we are, and they aren't.

20 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If convicted, would that void his contract?

Only if suspended by the NFL under the PCP. Which seems like they really, really don’t want to do. 

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

No. Criminal convictions have never voided a contract. Atlanta, Minnesota, nor New England had cap relief for Vick, Peterson, or Hernandez. 

Not all contracts are written the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Oh, I agree with you. And if McDermott wasn't staring a lost season in his face they might have stuck to their guns. But we are, and they aren't.

I get the sense that Bean and McD aren't exactly aligned on this. 

Paraphrasing McD: "I am just the coach preparing for a football game. You already spoke to Brandon. But also this is bad." 

Paraphrasing Bean: "The league will run its course. I have known Von for 1.5 years and this seems out of character. If the league says he can go we say he can go". 

It was telling to me that one said that this was serious and the other said that this wasn't the person he knows. 

Now, part of that may be so Miller does not dress on Sunday. If McD is only making football decisions and not addressing the off field stuff, then not dressing has nothing to do with any of this. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I get the sense that Bean and McD aren't exactly aligned on this. 

Paraphrasing McD: "I am just the coach preparing for a football game. You already spoke to Brandon. But also this is bad." 

Paraphrasing Bean: "The league will run its course. I have known Von for 1.5 years and this seems out of character. If the league says he can go we say he can go". 

It was telling to me that one said that this was serious and the other said that this wasn't the person he knows. 

Now, part of that may be so Miller does not dress on Sunday. If McD is only making football decisions and not addressing the off field stuff, then not dressing has nothing to do with any of this. 

From that I get more that it's a hot potato that neither wants to touch as each reports directly to the Pegulas

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Only if suspended by the NFL under the PCP. Which seems like they really, really don’t want to do. 

Not all contracts are written the same. 

There have been a million gangbangers, murderers, wife beaters, etc. But lets not pretend Von was on some special list that required special protections. He wasn't. 

The only voidable contract we know if in NFL history is Deshaun Watson, and it is both the only massive fully guaranteed as well as dumbest contract in league history. And even if these provisions exist for some of the leagues worst humans, not one has yet been able to pull the trigger. 

Sure I guess its possible in that none of us have actually seen the contract, but it is about as close to zero percent as you can be. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

There have been a million gangbangers, murderers, wife beaters, etc. But lets not pretend Von was on some special list that required special protections. He wasn't. 

The only voidable contract we know if in NFL history is Deshaun Watson, and it is both the only massive fully guaranteed as well as dumbest contract in league history. And even if these provisions exist for some of the leagues worst humans, not one has yet been able to pull the trigger. 

Sure I guess its possible in that none of us have actually seen the contract, but it is about as close to zero percent as you can be. 

It’s been reported that if Von Miller is suspended under the NFL’s PCP, it voids out 17-something million in guarantees for next year. 

I’ve seen/read/heard nothing about this being false. This is the only avenue for help with his contract, and it might just be 2024. Beane may have added it to his contracted given the previous two allegations that went away. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.