Do you wonder if the league is fixed?

The Red King

42 minutes ago, Beast said:

I think the argument would be stronger if they tried to score there. Kneeling on the ball is the absolute right football move.

Like a lot of these so called fixes, someone will say it's is clear evidence of rigging no matter what they do.

2 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

It doesn't deserve an answer. So you look at every athlete in the NFL and really think that Purdy is possibly the most valuabe?

You just don't want to admit you're critiquing a fictional game lol.   You are scouting players when the player isn't the one determining his performance, it's the league according to you....but then you still scout these players??

And you make fun of other people on this board?

giphy.gif

i have on occasion wondered if the league is fixed,   the reffing is generally terrible and calls seem to benefit the obvious teams at all times.   with gambling being introduced, i wonder even more.   technically the NFL is entertainment,  not a true sporting league according to what they told Congress back in the day to keep from being regulated.  so they can do whatever they want ala Pro Wrestling.   do i think its that bad?  no.   one wonders on occasion though.

Edited by bigduke6

Do you really think a league with 32 teams and like 100 players per team and people like Kapaernick, Marshawn Lynch and Antonio Brown is fixed without someone leaking it to the press? Even if it was just the refs someone would eventually say something. Too many people to keep it a secret. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freak-O said:

Do you really think a league with 32 teams and like 100 players per team and people like Kapaernick, Marshawn Lynch and Antonio Brown is fixed without someone leaking it to the press? Even if it was just the refs someone would eventually say something. Too many people to keep it a secret. 

This is pretty much what I think of every conspiracy type thing.  If it requires like a few select people to keep a secret it could have happened.  Hundreds or even thousands?  Absolutely not.  Even if everyone was properly motivated to keep the secret, somebody would get drunk and spill it.  It's pretty much the one thing I trust about the world, that people will eventually blab about stuff.

I waited 17 pages.   It was very difficult for me.

The NFL is rigged.

I’m one of the 3,423,488 people that would have to be aware and involved.  It’s very complex, and secret handshakes are involved.

I’m writing now because I think the jig is up.   I’ve seen a BLUE HONDA ACCORD on the highway either in front of me, behind me or next to me THREE times in the last four months … always with a different driver.

I suppose you’ll all see me on CNN with congress before this is over.  I’ll try to negotiate some form of immunity, but I can already hear some smart aleck Fed saying “yeah, you and the other 3,423,487 people”.

I can’t say more at this time.   I’ve got to attend a zoom call.   Seems someone found the lunar props in my tool shed and my wife’s freaking out.   Yes, she’s involved, too.

1 hour ago, bigduke6 said:

technically the NFL is entertainment,

That is true for the fans.  However, I can't for one minute imagine that the players, who get paid millions of dollars based on their performance (as well as the performance of their team, e.g winning Super Bowls), would be okay with losing a rigged game.  Not one single player of the thousands who have played the game have complained of this?  They cry over a few thousand dollars in their contracts because "they have to feed their families."  Certainly they would sue everyone and anyone who cost them some money.

I don't buy it.  Maybe I am naive, but I don't buy it for a minute.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You just don't want to admit you're critiquing a fictional game lol.   You are scouting players when the player isn't the one determining his performance, it's the league according to you....but then you still scout these players??

And you make fun of other people on this board?

giphy.gif

there is a football element.  a big one.  guys like cook and purdy will be a flash in the pan.  Youre just upset you pull for a guy that wont make it when defenses are ordered to stop him. 

27 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

there is a football element.  a big one.  guys like cook and purdy will be a flash in the pan.  Youre just upset you pull for a guy that wont make it when defenses are ordered to stop him. 

You belong to a message board that is the male equivalent of a soap opera and you're debating with other people that it is not real while being a bit of a condescending prick about it which makes the whole thing more enjoyable. This is actually good entertainment. Are you fake or real?

23 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

You belong to a message board that is the male equivalent of a soap opera and you're debating with other people that it is not real while being a bit of a condescending prick about it which makes the whole thing more enjoyable. This is actually good entertainment. Are you fake or real?

I'm not debating. I'm the debated.

34 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

PCP?

Primary care provider?

I think penalties are too costly. They often severly impact the outcome of the game. No other sport does that. Its rather annoying. Once the bills win the superbowl, i will be taking a step back from football for sure. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.