Allen makes history again- this is a big 1

JerseyBills

Just now, PBF81 said:

I'm not quite sure that's what I implied.  

It wasn't what I meant to imply if so.  

What's funny about it is how people continually throw up analagous historical facts as relevant exceptions, except that they have contexts that don't even match what's going on here.  Give Rodgers and Manning the defenses that Allen's had and then it's an accurate comp.  Since that can never happen, it would seem that it's not an accurate/apples-to-apples comp.  

There are endless such exceptions.  It's always amusing what gets thrown up.  

Give josh Allen the bills regular season defense in the playoffs and he’d have at least one superbowl right now too 😂 

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

I'm not quite sure that's what I implied.  

It wasn't what I meant to imply if so.  

What's funny about it is how people continually throw up analagous historical facts as relevant exceptions, except that they have contexts that don't even match what's going on here.  Give Rodgers and Manning the defenses that Allen's had and then it's an accurate comp.  Since that can never happen, it would seem that it's not an accurate/apples-to-apples comp.  

There are endless such exceptions.  It's always amusing what gets thrown up.  

QB1 is a stud man.

Don't let him get around your wife anddaughter's or its over.

Edited by BaaadThingsMan

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Can’t believe no one mentioned Allen was mentored by Nathan Peterman and started his career with Kelvin Benjamin and Clay as his WR1 and TE.  

Mahomes got to start his career after sitting and learning from Alex Smith and was coached by Andy Reid and got to start with a great OL and have Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce for weapons.  

The circumstances in which Allen got to start his career on a rebuilding team clearing cap space are not remotely the same as the luxury Mahomes did on a playoff ready team with elite weapons and coaching around him.

And Mahomes started a game as a rookie.   

Allen setting the NFL record despite the dumpster fire he had to work with on a rebuilding franchise his first 2 seasons is quite remarkable.  

Come on Alpha. Trying to put down Mahomes to prop up Allen? Mahomes threw for nearly 300 yards in his first nfl start. 

alex smith once sent a season without throwing a td pass to a receiver in KC, a season!!! Check out Kelce numbers with/ without Mahomes. Or their playoff record with SMith.  Or all the SBs Reid, who WEO and others called a fraud, won before him.

yhe putting down of rival qbs (especially Mahomes) is one of the dumbest thing this board does. It’s like I can’t think my child is special, I have to tell you why yours isn’t as a special. Especially when talking about a guy who might be arguably the best qb in history one day.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BaaadThingsMan said:

Never good enough for some people

A win over the hapless Jets?  

Yes, that's correct, not good enough for me.  

Good enough for you?  Great.  But my standards are quite a bit higher as a Bills fan.  

Wins over the Jets, Raiders, Skins, Giants, and Bucs, correct, ain't cuttin' it for me either.  

So we'll have to agree to disagree.  I'm happy that you're pleased however.  

Hopefully we'll go 5-1 against the rest of the schedule.  Then I'll be one of the happiest people here.  

:) 

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Good enough for you?  Great.  But my standards are quite a bit higher as a Bills fan.  

Wins over the Jets, Raiders, Skins, Giants, and Bucs, correct, ain't cuttin' it for me either.  

Hopefully we'll go 5-1 against the rest of the schedule.  Then I'll be one of the happiest people here.  

Standards. Pshhh. ***** your standards. 

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Give josh Allen the bills regular season defense in the playoffs and he’d have at least one superbowl right now too 😂 

LOL  

Fair enough.  Then there's that.  

Give Josh Allen someone not to make the dimwitted "13-Seconds" decision(s), and he'd/we'd have one Lombardi now as well.  

We were there!   

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Come on Alpha. Trying to put down Mahomes to prop up Allen? Mahomes threw for nearly 300 yards in his first nfl start. 

alex smith once sent a season without throwing a td pass to a receiver in KC, a season!!! Check out Kelce numbers with/ without Mahomes. Or their playoff record with SMith.  Or all the SBs Reid, who WEO and others called a fraud, won before him.

yhe putting down of rival qbs (especially Mahomes) is one of the dumbest thing this board does. It’s like I can’t think my child is special, I have to tell you why yours isn’t as a special. Especially when talking about a guy who might be arguably the best qb in history one day.

Who's putting down Mahomes? Kids great.

Doesn't change the fact that that particular record now belongs to the QB1 of the Buffalo Bills!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We have top 3 defense for a couple years with Allen. 

Lol in the regular season which is essentially meaningless which is what my point was…the defense showed up for the ravens game in the playoffs and that was pretty much it.

they did their darndest to lose that first round game against the colts a few years back makin an ancient Phil rivers look like Patrick mahomes.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

5 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

QB1 is a stud man.

Don't let him get around your wife anddaughter's or its over.

LOL

He is a stud.  

He has no bigger supporter than me.  

I haven't even approached being as hard on him as almost everyone.  

3 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Standards. Pshhh. ***** your standards. 

I know, competent play against the best teams and all, and expectations of Championships and competence in the payoffs.  

What on earth am I thinking.  

;) 

48 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

And Allen played in a crap team and missed games. Sorry, Pat had to be baby sat for a season 🤦‍♂️

Not the metric now is it?  The stat is the first six seasons not a 6 season snap shot. If you want to go that route you would have to compare records of teams played against quality of O line, receiving corps, coaches etc. but that’s not what’s being discussed here.

You could compare all those things with both stats lol. Why wouldn’t you?

Most stats these days seem like they try to eliminate as much as context as possible. 

Josh Allen has the most TD’s, yards, and best completion percentage of any player ever wearing a Bills uniform in the years between 2018-2023.

Historic. 

Edited by FireChans

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The team set the tone from the very beginning and beat a team they should have handily.

Of course I'm happy about that but I'm not stupid.

I know there's a road ahead that won't be kind but I believe the team can win under those circumstances. 

We'll see. Won't break me either way since it's a game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Who's putting down Mahomes? Kids great.

Doesn't change the fact that that particular record now belongs to the QB1 of the Buffalo Bills!!!!!!

I love your enthusiasm and there is zero doubt Allen is amazing. But I never once thought about who had the most tds through 6 seasons ever in my life. Such a random number of years. 

I also take this things with a grain of salt because it’s like flag football for qbs and wrs now. Sam Howell is on pace for 5,000 yards. It’s silly. 

For instance, I think yesterday was Allen’s best game of the year given the defense and he had better stat games. 
I just want the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

The team set the tone from the very beginning and beat a team they should have handily.

Of course I'm happy about that but I'm not stupid.

I know there's a road ahead that won't be kind but I believe the team can win under those circumstances. 

We'll see. Won't break me either way since it's a game. 

That's fair and reasonable. 

As for me, I want to see how they play this Sunday.  Beat Philly and my optimism will grow.  

We've been through too much of this up-and-down crap as Bills fans.  

Let's see if it holds.  It'll become more difficult for Brady the more video becomes available.  New things (coaches, schemes, players on teams, etc.) always have a temporary advantage.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love your enthusiasm and there is zero doubt Allen is amazing. But I never once thought about who had the most tds through 6 seasons ever in my life. Such a random number of years. 

I also take this things with a grain of salt because it’s like flag football for qbs and wrs now. Sam Howell is on pace for 5,000 yards. It’s silly. 

For instance, I think yesterday was Allen’s best game of the year given the defense and he had better stat games. 
I just want the playoffs.

The QB of my favorite team since I was born is the all time leader in TDs for his first 6 seasons.

Downplay it, point out the flaws, argue the semantics or whatever you want. 

SuperBowl is the goal every year but along the way alot of things happen. Like incredible records being broken.

This one by QB1 of the Buffalo Bills, Josh Allen!

• Thank you (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh?  What post did you read cuz this comment makes no sense what so ever to me.  Where did I put down Mahomes?  

I didn’t put him down at all, all I pointed out is that Mahomes started off his career in a substantially better situation than Allen.  Thats 100% indisputable and it was light years better situation than the rebuilding Bills were the first 2 years of Allen’s career.

Those are just literal facts, not at all put downs of Mahomes.  Literally and honestly have no idea how you took my post as a put down of Mahomes.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

no one cares, He is hollywood now....also he is fat and can't run...plus he lost his fire for the game and is the reason for all 5 losses and was just along for the ride for the 6 wins.  

Personally I have jumped to Houston.   

That is what is like to read this board the past month.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

no one cares, He is hollywood now....also he is fat and can't run...plus he lost his fire for the game and is the reason for all 5 losses and was just along for the ride for the 6 wins.  

Personally I have jumped to Houston.   

That is what is like to read this board the past month.  

Love what Houston is doing. Scratch built team. 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

It’s no one’s fault. Just the reality of the situation. 

Mahomes has 89 starts in the regular season. 221 total TD’s.

Josh has 87 starts in the regular season. 205 total TD’s.

Mahomes started with a HOF coach, HOF WR, HOF TE, pro bowl RB, and an excellent OL.

For people to be in here trying to down play Allen accomplishing this when he started with Kelvin Benjamin and Clay has his WR1 and TE with a first time defensive HC on a roster being torn down and rebuilt is insane.  

How many TDs would Allen have if he started with multiple HOF players and coaches here in Buffalo?  

This need to diminish Allen by Bills fans is just crazy to me.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  What post did you read cuz this comment makes no sense what so ever to me.  Where did I put down Mahomes?  

I didn’t put him down at all, all I pointed out is that Mahomes started off his career in a substantially better situation than Allen.  Thats 100% indisputable and it was light years better situation than the rebuilding Bills were the first 2 years of Allen’s career.

Those are just literal facts, not at all put downs of Mahomes.  Literally and honestly have no idea how you took my post as a put down of Mahomes.  

I'd take Mahomes' supporting offensive cast (from players to coaches) anyday.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

Can’t believe no one mentioned that Mahomes sat his first season

You’re killing the vibe here! 

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Can’t believe no one mentioned Allen was mentored by Nathan Peterman and started his career with Kelvin Benjamin and Clay as his WR1 and TE.  

Mahomes got to start his career after sitting and learning from Alex Smith and was coached by Andy Reid and got to start with a great OL and have Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce for weapons.  

The circumstances in which Allen got to start his career on a rebuilding team clearing cap space are not remotely the same as the luxury Mahomes did on a playoff ready team with elite weapons and coaching around him.

And Mahomes started a game as a rookie.   

Allen setting the NFL record despite the dumpster fire he had to work with on a rebuilding franchise his first 2 seasons is quite remarkable.  

Allen is great. But your post sounds like a lot of justifications. I don’t think Allen would have a problem saying Mahomes is the best. Burrow has.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Allen is great. But your post sounds like a lot of justifications. I don’t think Allen would have a problem saying Mahomes is the best. Burrow has.

Both can be true. They can all be great.

The leagues best right now are all squad, hanging out in the offseason and paling around. No hate. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I am simply pointing out that it’s really silly to diminish Allen’s accomplishment.  And there are still 6 games left…If Allen averages 3 TDS a week he will hold the record even if you take away both Mahomes and Allens first season.  So this narrative in here about Mahomes playing only 1 game in his rookie year is even more silly right now.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Mahomes started with a HOF coach, HOF WR, HOF TE, pro bowl RB, and an excellent OL.

For people to be in here trying to down play Allen accomplishing this when he started with Kelvin Benjamin and Clay has his WR1 and TE with a first time defensive HC on a roster being torn down and rebuilt is insane.  

How many TDs would Allen have if he started with multiple HOF players and coaches here in Buffalo?  

1) Allen is extremely awesom. Zero debate on that.

2) bills fans love putting down rival qbs. I get to an extent but it’s really down wirh mahomes (see the training camp thread). 

3) this stat is misleading but it is still a very impressive one.

4) fun fact: Benjamin had as many 1,000 yard receiving seasons as Hill did when Mahomes became the full time starter. All of Kelce’s best seasons are under Mahomes. 

5) Reid SBs before Mahomes = 0. 

mahomes made those guys HOFers.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

2) bills fans love putting down rival qbs. I get to an extent but it’s really down wirh mahomes (see the training camp thread). 

4) fun fact: Benjamin had as many 1,000 yard receiving seasons as Hill did when Mahomes became the full time starter. All of Kelce’s best seasons are under Mahomes. 

Good thing Mahomes came around then, for Reid. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

You're joking with your "fun fact," right?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not comparing them as players.  We are discussing the validity of the record.  

And stop.  Kelvin Benjamin was a joke compared to Hill.  Clay is a joke compared to Kelce.  If Bills take Mahomes in 2017 he does NOT turn KB and Clay into all time greats and HOF players.  No offense, but this argument you’re making about Hill and Kelce is utterly ridiculous.  Hill is the best WR in football, and even better now than he was playing with Mahomes. 

You’re a good poster, but I can’t even fathom how you’re even attempting to act like Mahomes offensive roster players wasn’t light years better than Allen’s when their respective careers started.  

And again, there are still 6 games left.  If Allen avg 3 TDs rest of season he will hold the record even if you take away the first 15 games from Allen’s rookie year (Mahomes stated the last game of his rookie year).  

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

You're joking with your "fun fact," right?

This.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Post after post of this drivel but nah I’m not putting down Mahomes to prop up Allen. lol 

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No but he would have 2 just like Mahomes.

Doubt it. 

16 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Both can be true. They can all be great.

The leagues best right now are all squad, hanging out in the offseason and paling around. No hate. 

Exactly! They’re both great QBs and great guys! Some people can’t talk up our guy without disparaging other guys. Especially the consensus best qb in the league. 

• Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There's no need to diminish anything. This is a great stat.

I didn't even bring up Mahomes. You engaged someone else who did. And of course, the reason that Josh broke Mahomes' stat, today, is because Patrick didn't start his first season.  Who could argue this?

Edited by FireChans

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

There's no need to diminish anything. This is a great stat.

I didn't even bring up Mahomes. And of course, the reason that Josh broke Mahomes' stat, today, is because Patrick didn't start his first season.  Who could argue this?

Quite a few people on here apparently. 

9 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The silliest stats from Allen IMO are his rushing stats. He's 3rd in team history with 45 rushing TDs. He's currently 9th in team history in rushing yards and he could be 7th by the end of next weekend. This team has not generally lacked for running backs in its history.

It IS crazy. And he doesn't run as much as say a Lamar Jackson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.