Josh Allen needs his Phil Jackson…(edited title)

Lenigmusx

I think to the OP’s original point, there is some truth to it. I, and probably most people, would love to play with Allen. Awesome dude, funny, positive vibes type. But the Jordan-Brady type is the one who screams at you and might punch you (not sissy boy) if they don’t think you doing what you’re supposed to do. I would hate that style personally but sometimes it is needed. Like sometimes Allen should tell Diggs to shut up or not pout when something goes wrong. 

I think the thing with Allen is he is kinda of a late bloomer so I don’t think he has ever thought of himself at the main guy who has to hold everyone accountable. On this team, I think it’s Diggs. And I don’t know if receiver is really the position to do that.

14 minutes ago, Neo said:

Diggs is not Michael Jordan - 

No he's not- Diggs acts and states he's a leader but all he does is chirp when things aren't perfect -typical pre-madona wr- 

Don't get me wrong he can be a game changer but comparing anyone to MJ is just silly - dude was a straight legend that liked to play against the best talent and constantly rose to the challenges- His Flu game will forever be my favorite 

This thread is kind of ridiculous.

Allen isn't Jordan because he's not the GOAT in football.  But he's certainly not Pippen - who was essentially a very talented sidekick and supporting player on that team.  

Allen is Magic, or maybe Malone right now since he doesn't have a title yet.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

No he's not- Diggs acts and states he's a leader but all he does is chirp when things aren't perfect -typical pre-madona wr- 

Don't get me wrong he can be a game changer but comparing anyone to MJ is just silly - dude was a straight legend that liked to play against the best talent and constantly rose to the challenges- His Flu game will forever be my favorite 

Sampras is a legends…Yacking on the court and winning the match….

• Agree 1

Don’t care who the heck he is or who you want to compare him to. Just bring back what worked. Yes, the offense has declined since the Beasley role has been left vacant. Someone has to be capable of filing it successfully. Brady needs to find that player. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think to the OP’s original point, there is some truth to it. I, and probably most people, would love to play with Allen. Awesome dude, funny, positive vibes type. But the Jordan-Brady type is the one who screams at you and might punch you (not sissy boy) if they don’t think you doing what you’re supposed to do. I would hate that style personally but sometimes it is needed. Like sometimes Allen should tell Diggs to shut up or not pout when something goes wrong. 

I think the thing with Allen is he is kinda of a late bloomer so I don’t think he has ever thought of himself at the main guy who has to hold everyone accountable. On this team, I think it’s Diggs. And I don’t know if receiver is really the position to do that.

I was going to come here and say the same. Jordan’s teammates used to talk about how competitive he was and it didn’t matter what he was competing at, he just had to win. And would keep playing whatever it was until he won. Josh’s teammates say the same: Josh is ultra competitive and hates to lose. But the biggest difference between Jordan and Allen’s personalities is that Jordan didn’t care if he was likeable, or wasn’t your friend. I get the sense that Allen wants to be on good terms with everyone in the building. Lastly, if Jordan’s killer instinct and refusal to lose was a 10, I’d put Allen at a 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

This thread is kind of ridiculous.

Allen isn't Jordan because he's not the GOAT in football.  But he's certainly not Pippen - who was essentially a very talented sidekick and supporting player on that team.  

Allen is Magic, or maybe Malone right now since he doesn't have a title yet.

That is not at all how the comparison was intended. It was not about the greatness he us not even in that strata. I simply meant in his positional usage and skill set as a big man distributor which indeed is what Pippen was. I meant he needs to be viewed and managed differently. Daboll understood. 

33 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Oh look, another dissatisfied fan.

thank you for your input and opinion. Means the world to us. 

I’m not dissatisfied. I maybe frustrated in the underachieving but I still get my moneys worth when watching. It would be nice to see generational talent achieve at the apex though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.