Joe Brady - What Do We Expect?

Jukester

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Look at where Brady went to college and where he got his coaching start: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/BradJo0.htm.

I get that, but McDermott was with Carolina by the time Brady was with William and Mary.  Who knows, but to me it doesn't feel like the connections are that strong prior to Brady coming to Buffalo in 2022.

Is this the same Joe Brady, Bills Quarterback Coach?

Is this the same Joe Brady that you never saw sitting with Allen on the bench? 

Is this the same Joe Brady that let Allen sit and stare into space instead of grabbing a tablet?

Is this the same Joe Brady that never got on His Quarterback for ignoring Dorsey's called plays and going rogue?

If Allen did not respect Joe Brady's position on the sidelines,  does anyone think he will when they move him up to the press box?

Is this the same Joe Brady that came from CAROLINA?

Does McDermott realize there are other Teams to draw from other than CAROLINA?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

My expectations are high. This offense has tremendous potential, and they have been mismanaged.

Will Brady tap into that potential?  There is certainly a better shot than if Dorsey had remained.

Can you imagine if we start lighting it up again in the next month+?  It would be nice to be able to say, ah, that was it. That's all we needed to do.

Maybe not likely, but one can dream.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not sure how in line it is to what Brady goes for these days...but here's some information, I guess.

Looks like maybe he might have a new perspective on things and maybe might be able to install a few new plays a week to breathe some life into the offense.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

The man had Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold as his QBs...all he should have been doing is running 😂

teddy had a good year. robbie whatshisface had a huge year, dj moore as well,someone else too iirc. all this with awful OL, and no CMC

was not without flaws the following year, but im atleast interested in outcome here

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Fournette called up and the Bills to pound the rock. 

McDermott will have an even bigger say in the offense. 

In truth i'd be fine with a run heavy offense featuring Fournette.  Allen is a space cadet right now, and Diggs is the only reliable WR.  Kincaid, sure whatever, nobody is game planning around him, at least yet.  When does Knox come back? Surely McD will insist he get reinserted at the expense of snaps for Kincaid so even that's not going anywhere

The primary advantage of going run heavy the rest of this year since we're going to lose a bunch of games is that we see if the OL as currently constituted can support a run game.  they looked oK in that regard last night.  We know what Josh is capable of when his head is on right.  Plus, a run heavy game at least gives the cursed souls on the defense a little break between back breaking 7-10 minute drives

I'll tell you what I'm hoping for: glimmers that Josh and key offensive players still have greatness within them, but I'll be more than happy with a losing record this year to ensure a coaching reset next year.

Fixing the OC position is not enough and a band-aid fix.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Big question mark on why the change came now before this stretch. 

Indictment of McChump

What did we see yesterday that was so much different than the other games? If anything he called a better game last night. Now heading into when it matters most, against our hardest stretch he put so much of task ahead of us that it is damn near impossible to recover.

This is poor management. The writing didn't just appear to fire him - it should have been done weeks ago if it was potential. 

hopefully brady has been prepped and given a few weeks heads up that this might be coming

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Really good discussion about the Bills on the Pat McAfee show.

Dan Orlovsky giving good analysis.

is this still on youtube or would i need a TV to see?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.