Do you think the Bills brass and coaches read this forum ??

arcadia bob

7 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

They might have an intern or assistant looking at social media.

I am sure that the PR department or other staffer do. Gotta keep informed of public sentiment and watch out for leaks. Beyond that I doubt the coaches and FO people have a ton of time for it.

That all said, if anyone remembers the old Bang! Cartoons I have a story from them. They said that they had heat maps of where the views of their football comedy videos were located. They said that every time they zinged a team they’d get hits from that team’s training facility area. So these are real people in these buildings we are talking about and they sometimes do real people things. 

10 hours ago, Mango said:

100% people in the org do. Guaranteed. This is a multi billion dollar organization not just built in product but fandom and its consumption. 

That said. It’s almost certainly not McBeane. But I assume there are people in marketing and PR who check the pulse on their largest and most rabid online community. I’m sure Beane isn’t asking for a TBD update but I assume we’re part of some larger fan pulse/temperature/update within the org. 

Agreed.  I know of one former high-level employee who had a shtick here.  I suspect others read it, too, in part because it’s human nature to want to know what people think and say about you.  

Along those lines, I felt very badly for Dorsey’s kids yesterday.  It had to be a tough day.  I’m sorry that they had to go through that, and probably to find out at school from their peers.  It stinks, and I hope they’re doing as well as can be today. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't think you realize the hours that coaches put in. There is zero chance they read this message board.

While it would be ill advised of them to pay attention to social media of any kind.............there are plenty of instances where coaches have been caught using burner accounts and such to POST on social media let alone just lurk..........so you continue to be pretty clueless if you think there is "zero chance" that a coach isn't following social media about the team.    That's akin to insisting they don't read the newspaper 20 years ago.   Ridiculous take.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Remember years back one of our LB's mom posted here? John Holocek maybe? 

Heard something about Ed Wang a few years back reading posts and comments from fans. He actually was a pretty big gamer on XBOX with Stevie, both played with my son a couple times on Gears of War. 

Players is about the only people actively taking an interest in any message board or communications from fans. 

They don't and it's really bad if they do. I remember back when Mike Davis was the head coach at Indiana, he was known to read the message boards. He had a mental breakdown on national TV when Steve Alford got a standing ovation when he came to Bloomington with Iowa. It was all because he had read the thousands of posts calling for Alford to be coach at Indiana. But as @BobbyC81purposes notes above, I'm sure the team has staff that tracks these types of things to get general fan sentiment for marketing pruposes. 

I'm pretty sure Beane, McD and all the coordinators are way too busy to consult this board. Maybe the Assistant to the Assistant Quality Assurance Coordinator who preps video review and gets coffee for everyone checks here. Yeah, that person might be tasked with keeping an eye on the pulse of social media.

On 11/14/2023 at 11:01 AM, arcadia bob said:

I would guess that Beane and the coaches do but Terry not so much. It has to be brutal for them to read the fan feedback but tough they brought it on themselves. They need to clean house coaches, Beane etc. I think Terry has no choice but to do it with the new stadium coming. Fans will just stop buying into the same old crap over and over again.

I highly doubt anyone high in the Bills food chain reads here.  There is probably somebody in marketing / PR team that does. Why not? It’s free feedback for the Bills.  I highly doubt there is no it much discussed here that would come as a surprise to the Bills anyway.

Look, I am not saying I am Sean McDermott and I am not saying I'm not, but I will say you have my attention...and I am willing to listen.

Don't go drawing attention to this, but if you were to...let's say show up at Bon-Bons on Hertel Avenue at around 8 pm tonight, and head towards the back table by the window (ask Suzy, she knows the one) and if you went ahead and and got a triple order of chicken wings, bourbon BBQ hot, with two tall Yuenglings and a couple of freshly cut Don Diego cigars...well, you're gonna be surprised who shows up.

Tell.

No one.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 3

The organization has people (The PR team) who keep tabs on their fan forums, everyone should know this already, this ain’t 1967 people, everything is tracked in this day and age. 

GO BILLS!!!

9 hours ago, Low Positive said:

They don't and it's really bad if they do. I remember back when Mike Davis was the head coach at Indiana, he was known to read the message boards. He had a mental breakdown on national TV when Steve Alford got a standing ovation when he came to Bloomington with Iowa. It was all because he had read the thousands of posts calling for Alford to be coach at Indiana. But as @BobbyC81purposes notes above, I'm sure the team has staff that tracks these types of things to get general fan sentiment for marketing pruposes. 

Believe it or not, Steph Curry says he checks social media at halftime of his Warriors games.  Any negative comments give him motivation coming out for the 2nd half and is partially responsible for him and his team frequently having monster 3rd Qtrs.  

I thought he was kidding the first time I heard about it as you wouldn’t expect a future Hall of Famer would need such motivation but have seen it mentioned several times over the years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.