No “I quit the Bills” threads on TBD!? I am shocked!

ShakAttack

Usually after games like this, there is at least one major “I am done with the Bills” thread.  Considering we just hit our latest “rock bottom” and also considering the way in which we lost, I was certain we were going to see at least one of those threads, but I didn’t.  

Likely, most of us had already come to the realization this team didn’t have a shot this season, so maybe this factored into our emotional investment gradually diminishing over the past 4-5 weeks, and maybe that is why this one didn’t appear to nauseate our fan base as much as it would have in previous seasons.

In my case, I wasn’t even the least bit excited for this “must win” MNF game, and yet, due to the WAY we ended up losing this one left me with the worst feeling I’ve had all season and I guess I’ll be the first to admit, I found myself wishing I wasn’t a Bills fan in that moment.  

I mean, seriously, 12 men on the field on a game winning field goal attempt?????? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME ANY OF YOU SAW THAT HAPPEN IN ANY GAME???? Only the Bills…

The team’s rock bottom was also my own rock bottom as a fan this season.  

problem is, I have felt this way at least 100 times over the years, and another realization I’ve come to is that, if you’re a die-hard fan, you can never “stop” being a fan, whether you like it or not.  In my case, if there was a way out, I would have taken it long ago. But there ain’t, so I will continue to hope for “one Super Bowl before I die” like many of you. 

As an out-of-town Bills fan that grew up in the 90s watching the Bills lose 4 straight SBs and then other heartbreaking playoff exits prior to the 17 year drought, being a Bills fan has ALWAYS been about winning a Super Bowl, ONE Super Bowl, lifting the curse after all these years.  And I truly believe that if that day ever came, I would be fulfilled as a Bills fan.    

Anyway, just to clarify, this was not the “I quit being a Bills fan thread” but it definitely is “I wish I was capable of not being a Bills fan”.  So, the best thing I can do is continue to work on not allowing games like this to ruin my day (and sometimes the next day or two).  Best I can do!

• Like (+1) 1

People are probably sick of starting those threads.  It's not like this is the first time this cursed, awful franchise has gone into the toilet.  We all hope for better, but I think we all deep down know that this is our lot in life as Bills fans...eternal misery with teases of success sprinkled in.

Rock bottom?  Geez i wish.  it's going to get so much worse.   They'll lose (badly) to the Jets next week, we'll hear about the cracks in the locker room.  We'll get crushed by KC and the Eagles, and the players will be openly running for the bus.  I'd love to think the roster will look a lot different next year but i bet it wont!  Can't wait for the draft next year, we need 4 or 5 more high motor DL  and some defensive backfield players that get game defining penalties

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am numb to this team. Looks like the drought teams. I have learned over the years not to get so mentally and emotionally invested into entertainment. Including Bills football. 

this is it.

i quit on this team after the jets loss. it was clear by that point we were not a contender. i haven't reversed or had a stint of any judgement change.

i'm numb at this point and can't put a vested interest in it. i'd rather we work on fundamentals, work young guys, let vets build trade value so that next year we can retool.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am numb to this team. Looks like the drought teams. I have learned over the years not to get so mentally and emotionally invested into entertainment. Including Bills football. 

That freaking London game is what made me numb for the year. It made me realize we're not a SB team anymore and emotionally checked out. 

It was a fun run while it lasted but we need some pretty major roster overhauls moving forward 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Why? No one is going to be held accountable. This is the same fanbase that was okay with no answers about 13 seconds and that swallowed the emotional exhaustion excuse last year. Par for the course.

I think Terry has to. New stadium is not far off. Raised ticket prices, PSL fees. If the Bills do what the Jets/Giants did then they are going to ask fans for a deposit on the PSL fees and will do it in 2024 or 2025 to lock them into their seats when the stadium opens in 2026. It will be a lot easier to ask for that if the team is on the upswing. With McDermott that is clearly not going to be the case. Beane might not be safe either.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I wish I was numb to this team. I don't like Pain. This sounds cliche but Im just getting too old for this chit. I'll always be a fan but   Feel a  tad hopeless as far as the team right now to be honest

smh

3 minutes ago, muppy said:

I wish I was numb to this team. I don't like Pain. This sounds cliche but Im just getting too old for this chit. I'll always be a fan but   Feel a  tad hopeless as far as the team right now to be honest

smh

Always a Fan. And to be honest the Hubris of the NFL and ignoring their product (officials et al) has made the transition to decouple much easier. 

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I refuse to quit on the Bills. Besides, my new team the Lions are doing well so I'm in a great mood

Agree. I have been low key entertained watching the Lions. Such a fun team to watch. 

25 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Why? No one is going to be held accountable. This is the same fanbase that was okay with no answers about 13 seconds and that swallowed the emotional exhaustion excuse last year. Par for the course.

Its not as if anything that a fan feels or says has any impact on anything concerning the teams organization, no fan is swallowing anything, we are all on the outside looking in, you included. 

GO BILLS!!!

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s a new thing call quiet quitting 

Maybe we need to see some quiet firing… 😂

There are issues from the ownership group down. 

that is the reality. While I am trying not to hammer Terry too much with everything he has going on with Kim and well PSE turning into a brothel

starts there and that chose has bled down into both his teams. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.