Potential to Explore Josh Allen (QB) trades

VaMilBill

37 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I’m gonna preface this post by acknowledging that this will be widely unpopular. People will say I am having a knee jerk reaction to the last few weeks.

But, with the shortcomings of the offense, not just this season but last as well, I gotta think the blame does solely lie with just McD and Dorsey. Allen has clearly been an issue too. Missing open opportunities because he either looks and throws right away or simply only looks for Diggs. Allen has also committed a ludicrous amount of turnovers. Situationally, he’s been pretty poor this year when it comes to decision making. 

On the other end of things, he’s getting older. He will be 28 next season and is only continuing to take more lumps. He will only get slower, more injury prone and probably not progress mentally. He’s shown as a pure pocket passer he is simply above average.

Look at Cam around the 8 year mark. Really started to take a dive. Josh will be going into his 7th season next year. 

If this team continues on this current trajectory, i think it’s fair to assume there will be fairly significant changes not only personnel-

wise, but coaching-wise as well with a very new OC at the least. With josh seemingly reaching the end of his prime, is that really a time we want to be reloading/re-building?

My thought is, while Josh still has value, is trade him. I’d love if we could to the bears for their 2 firsts next year, one in 2025 and a second in 2024. We use those picks to draft a QB as well as Marvin Harrison jr. We could rebuild with a QB on a rookie contract, get the best WR in college to go with Diggs and Dalton Kinkaid, and on top of that we’d be able to use the other picks to build up our o line. We focus on offense next year and shift to defense the following. 

Now all of this would be contingent on new GM, new staff. 

im saddened to propose this because I love josh. Seems like a great dude and great for Buffalo. But at a certain point, we gotta start thinking that maybe Josh isn’t the one to win us a SB. 

Chuck your spears as appropriate. 

You do realize that it took the Bills 25 years to find a QB after Jim Kelly also if you think picking a qb is so easy as the New York Jets they’ve picked 2 in the top 3 the last 6 years and their franchise hope is a 40 year old who takes psychedelics. 
You are entitled to your opinion but if you want to really endure pain have 17 goto a team like the 49ers who would probably make you such a trade since they have no problem going for things and watch Allen win a Super Bowl or with their D several in a non Bills uniform and this franchise would go back to being non relevant for 20 years.

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Just imagine trading Allen and then trying to sell tickets and PSLs for the new stadium

Even with Allen it will be difficult. That is the reality of it. Financially many fans will be priced out. Both the Jets and Giants had a waiting list for season tickets at Giants Stadium. Once MetLife started both teams advertise purchasing season and individual tickets. That is in the big market NYC area. Imagine what happens in small market Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, teef said:

This ***** place…

Calm down teefy!   

it's a message board to discuss ideas.  He's not saying JA sucks, quite the opposite, he's saying trade when value is there.  Other teams have done this.  Houston just totally turned around its offense.  Eagles got rid of a QB combo that won them a SB.  

• Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the stagnation or regression with Allen, and Allen locking onto targets or not doing as well in the pocket is attributable to having an OC and HC who: (1) don't know how to use JA appropriately (up-tempo); and (2) have no clue how to teach him to be a more effective pocket passer.  

I think you redo the coaching staff, hire Ben Johnson, have JA go to the QB clinic he went to in prior offseason, and you'll see a massive improvement.  

Also, having another WR to throw to.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

[This is an automated response]

This topic is no longer contributing positively to the community and therefore the discussion has been closed.

Thank you.

I get sarcasm or humor but this thread and topic are just plain stupid and a waste of everyone’s time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1