Overrated & Underrated AFC Contenders

Wizard

Over reactions based on week 7.  Every week we fall into this trap of analysis.  Bills are not over rated. Everyone including their own fans are piling on them.  Jacksonville hasn't even put a full game tougher and is scary.  KC can never be over estimated.  Who is underestimating the Ravens or Dolphins?  AFC is wide open with about 6 excellent teams. 

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

KC cannot be a fraud since they have won 2 SB's, lost a SB and made it to 5 straight AFCCG's.  Their defense is also top 5 in the NFL now which makes them possibly even more of a tough matchup in the playoffs. Until further notice they are always the team to beat in the AFC.

I guess it's a good thing Rodgers tore his Achilles then and not his ACL?

Alright I’ll give KC the benefit of a doubt 

53 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

A terrible Giants team with a backup QB, a terrible NE team, and a truly mediocre TB team on the road all proved to be bad matchups for the Bills, so maybe the conventional wisdom on TBD is correct? 

Here’s where I get a little lost…I keep hearing about this cincy defense that’s gonna destroy us and so on,TB may be mediocre overall but that defense is legit and we moved the ball well against them.  if we were more concerned with their offense we likely go for those 4th and shorts, pick up a couple and score 30+.  They are better than cincys defense so far this season in just about every way and leading the league in red zone defense.  

im not saying the ‘we’re gonna lose’ crew is wrong in their prediction at all necessarily, but they are doling out credit for this weeks results in a pretty  unrealistic way which is inflating the bengals a bit too much imo.  The deeboless 49ers aren’t really a whole lot better than the buccaneers.  They’re 0-3 and were 0-2 against very mediocre opponents leading up to the cincy game.  Their offense has been pretty awful and they put up 460 yards against cincy which isn’t far off from being more than their previous two games combined 

I don’t think Buffalo and cincy are far apart and they have both struggled for a stretch of this season…anything could happen.  Bengals as a small favorite makes perfect sense to me so I’m not sure they’re a tier above us at all.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Here’s where I get a little lost…I keep hearing about this cincy defense that’s gonna destroy us and so on,TB may be mediocre overall but that defense is legit and we moved the ball well against them.  if we were more concerned with their offense we likely go for those 4th and shorts, pick up a couple and score 30+.  They are better than cincys defense so far this season in just about every way and leading the league in red zone defense.  

im not saying the ‘we’re gonna lose’ crew is wrong in their prediction at all necessarily, but they are doling out credit for this weeks results in a pretty  unrealistic way which is inflating the bengals a bit too much imo.  The deeboless 49ers aren’t really a whole lot better than the buccaneers.  They’re 0-3 and were 0-2 against very mediocre opponents leading up to the cincy game.  Their offense has been pretty awful and they put up 460 yards against cincy which isn’t far off from being more than their previous two games combined 

I don’t think Buffalo and cincy are far apart and they have both struggled for a stretch of this season…anything could happen.  Bengals as a small favorite makes perfect sense to me so I’m not sure they’re a tier above us at all.

Oh, totally -- the NFL is truly an "any given Sunday" league and some bounces might go the Bills way. I do think Cincy's defense is probably a little better than Tampa's, and for some reason it matches up pretty well vs. Buffalo based on recent results. I'm not saying the Bills can't win, but on paper it doesn't look like a great matchup.   

23 hours ago, Gregg said:

Pickett got hurt yesterday. I haven't heard if he will miss any games. They will go nowhere with Trubisky. The Steelers defense is pretty good, but the lack of a good offense won't allow them to hang with the Bengals and Ravens.

Tomlin just wins games tho. They won 8 games with a Duck and Rudolph at QB one year. Tomlin could win games with Trubisky 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll change it a bit (in a "particular" order):

Genuine Contenders

• Chiefs
  • Ravens
  • Bills
  • Bengals
  • Dolphins

Probably

• Jaguars (not genuine contenders, but should win their division)

Pretenders (Battling for the last playoff spot)

• Chargers
  • Browns
  • Steelers
  • Jets
  • Texans, Titans, etc. (there are 6 teams with 3 wins, so they will hang around mathematically, but none will not make it)

The Jets and Steelers really have no chance--their D's are good, but no O. The Browns have a great defense and inconsistent QB play, and they play in the most challenging division. The Chargers should get in, but they are the Chargers. It comes down to the Chargers and Browns and tie-breakers.

Did I read that Miami is underrated?!? They will make the playoffs but the point of this post is overrated/underrated Miami is one of most overrated teams this year based on sports worldview. This dates back to last year as well where they were media darlings. But let’s take this year  beat the chargers, patriots then the 70 spot on broncos. All I heard was best team in NFL by far and all time great. Play the bills and got destroyed. It was pretty quiet week but somehow after defeating  the almighty giants and panthers squad the media is right back to crowning them #1 team. Excitement builds as they face the eagles and get rocked. Here we go again this week vs chiefs. They get smoked again they aren’t just overrated they are complete frauds. Good for them winning the games they should win, but eventually they will have to beat a good team 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.