Put our weapons with another team and qb

Drew21PA

Wanted to put this in play here

put our weapons on offense with another team

Rams and McVay

kc with Reid 

billy b with patriots even 

O’Connell with Vikings 

do you see the massive struggles with scoring like we have now ?  Lack of creativity !?

I see our wideouts being an absolute mismatch with those coaches 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They have a better QB and maybe the best play caller of all-time. Also those bunch of dudes were all high draft picks.

Sky Moore looks like a bit of a bust but Rice looks good. Also, according to Kielce, Mahomes watches game film on his phone pretty much all the time. We all know what our guy said about 🎥 

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They have a better QB and maybe the best play caller of all-time. Also those bunch of dudes were all high draft picks.

Isnt that the point of the thread? Our guys are fine, it's how they are being used (or not used) that is the problem.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Taken as a whole, it’s still better than what KC has right now and they seem to be doing just fine with Kielce and a bunch of dudes

Well,  the Bills have actually outscored KC this season.  The difference is the Bills choked away two very winnable games (Jets overtime with the ball, Patriots lead with less than 2 minutes).  Chiefs have won their winnable games, Bills have not.  Chiefs are not 6-1 because they are entering the fourth quarter with 20 point leads.   The Bills have a choking problem, not an offense problem. Reverse the chokes and the Bills are 6-1. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Isnt that the point of the thread? Our guys are fine, it's how they are being used (or not used) that is the problem.

I think it’s a little bit of both. 

We could use somebody a little twitchier on the outside. I think Harty and Cook are pretty twitchy, but they never get the ball. We saw Cool and Kincaid be disruptive this week. 

There has to be some middle ground between doing a better job with the weapons we have and upgrading some of the pass catchers. 

• Like (+1) 1

Our OL and weapons are both probably slightly above average.

Take Mahomes/Allen/Burrow out of it.. What does this Offense look like with Cousins, Carr etc..?  Probably reflective of the OL and weapons.  Slightly above average. 

Now if Kincaid becomes our 2, Davis slides down to 3... I have a very different opinion of our weapons.   But as of right now, our weapons are driven by Diggs, and everyone else, in their current role are... ok. 

As far as OC goes.. I honestly don't know.   JA is capable of doing so much, that at times it looks like we're doing "too much".  If we had a guy willing to constantly check it down, the ceiling isn't remotely as high, but the floor likely isn't as low as we've seen. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, Ramza86 said:

I know Mcvay would have a much better offense than he currently does in LA. 

If McD were there, Puka Nacua would be buried on the depth chart having to "earn his snaps" as a rookie and Rams fans would be saying they need to cut him and upgrade the WRs.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If we’re comparing Dorsey to Andy Reid then that’s the problem.

Im just not as down on Dorsey as everyone else I guess. I see open targets.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Taken as a whole, it’s still better than what KC has right now and they seem to be doing just fine with Kielce and a bunch of dudes

KC has a much better O line.  And that is more important then the skill players as long as you have a great QB and at least one elite play maker. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Rams and McVay

kc with Reid 

O’Connell with Vikings 

do you see the massive struggles with scoring like we have now ?  Lack of creativity !?

Interesting thought experiment.  Here's my take:

First off Reid, McVay & O'Connell would focus resources and effort on putting the best O line as possible in front of Allen.  This would be their #1 priority. 

Second, only Diggs & Kincaid would be unquestioningly put in the starting lineup and schemed around.  The rest of the Bills skill players would either be replaced or rearranged on the field.

Third, I have no idea what Belicheat would do but I suspect if he got himself another elite QB he would not waste it.

2 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Rams and McVay

kc with Reid 

O’Connell with Vikings 

KC — Ok Mahomes is the 1 QB who is better than Allen. 

Vikings - O disagree because Jefferson is better than Diggs and they are still Meh.. even last year they were a paper tiger. 

Rams — hmm not sure, at all their QB is long in the tooth and wel Kupp is amazing, and they do have a very good Rookie.

Pats - LMAO NO.  The O line still be garbage so..

Now give McVay, BB, and Reid Allen and their teams are in first place and cruising.. 

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Our OL and weapons are both probably slightly above average.

Take Mahomes/Allen/Burrow out of it.. What does this Offense look like with Cousins, Carr etc..?  Probably reflective of the OL and weapons.  Slightly above average. 

Now if Kincaid becomes our 2, Davis slides down to 3... I have a very different opinion of our weapons.   But as of right now, our weapons are driven by Diggs, and everyone else, in their current role are... ok. 

As far as OC goes.. I honestly don't know.   JA is capable of doing so much, that at times it looks like we're doing "too much".  If we had a guy willing to constantly check it down, the ceiling isn't remotely as high, but the floor likely isn't as low as we've seen. 

I would actually remove anybody on a rookie deal/low cap number. I would remove Hurts as a comparable. He signed his deal but his cap number is $6M. He’s basically free, so the Eagles can do more around him.  

I think we could have and should have done more the last 4-6 years with Allen’s cap number. This is where our constant redrafting of RB, and DE’s that take 4 years to flash drives me nuts. We could and should be taking a pass catcher in the top 100 every year to every other. 

I do think this group is actually pretty good for a QB who is cap number is about to be $47M. The problem I have is the other years. 

I will say it for the 100th time, nobody is paying two WR’s with their QB on their second or third big contract. The Bills going out and spending $47M on Allen, $27M on Diggs, and $16M on Hopkins (trade) is a really bad idea. 

Going forward the offense will have to get by with Allen, Diggs, and a host of draft picks and cheap free agents. This is the way the NFL works once you pay your QB.

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

I think it’s about equal. Kelce == Diggs, then both teams have a bunch of meh.

It all starts with Diggs and Kelce. And Kelce is a better one guy to have as he is more difficult to shut down.
I would argue Pacheco, Rice, and Moore have more upside than Cook, Davis, Shakir.

MVS and Hardman are better than Sherfield and Harty. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

It all starts with Diggs and Kelce. And Kelce is a better one guy to have as he is more difficult to shut down.
I would argue Pacheco, Rice, and Moore have more upside than Cook, Davis, Shakir.

MVS and Hardman are better than Sherfield and Harty. 

Kelce is THE best receiving weapon in the NFL.  

By far, my biggest annoyance when people discuss the Chiefs is their focus on WR's, as if they don't have the ultimate cheat code in Travis Kelce.  

Jefferson, Diggs, Adams etc., for one year, I'm not even thinking twice and taking Kelce as my first pick after a QB.

---

We really need Kincaid to pop, asap, because when you look at our weapons vs KC and cross out Diggs with Kelce, then go down the line.. it becomes embarrassing that we all thought our weapons were the best Allen's had in years, yet KC's ho hum group is still deeper.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.