RELAX! This may be a good thing for the Bills.

PatsFanNH

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Based on his whole schtick of accountability and the gimmick of how he pretends he is: absolutely.

The dude has fired people.when he has failed. He's a clown. 

I'm just wondering if there's a precedent for someone under contract (in any profession) firing themself. There's gotta be one, I just can't come up with it.

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

We are going to win 7 games. 

7-10 for the season. Mark it down... 

Tampa (going to lose to freaking Baker Mayfield, UGH) L
@ Cincy L

Denver W

NJ Jets W

@ Philly L
@ KC L

Cowboys L

@ LAC L

NE W

@ Miami L 

I missed by 1 game. I originally predicted 6 wins. lol. 

That should be enough to get McD fired.

• Agree 1

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

Not defending McD per say, but if the defense doesn’t tackle how is that on the coach?

He put Dorian Williams out there last week and this week and had to yank him. He thought he had enough talent there with him and did not. Rookie was benched twice because he is just not playing well and undisciplined to his assignments and/then swallowed up on blockage. His judgement of linebackers is *****. It was last year when he thought we had the right guys with the likes of Spector, Bernard, Dobson, Ginger behind Milano and Edmunds. He royally ***** up when it came time to figure it out he had to go back to ol' faithful: Klein. Same thing this year. I know he's not necessarily a starter anymore but we know his ceiling and his floor and he's safe so it's ok to have that.

At the DL position he runs guys out of gas like in London by running high energy schemes & illusions to be effective. This high octane defense can't survive on a thin depth chart

He had Von Miller playing a pitch count against a very talented and underrated Jags team on dangerous turf vs having anyone else at depth to contribute throughout the game when it would be obvious the situation is unique and will be a challenge due to time zones.

His defensive backfield is compromised of Hyde and Poyer. Both in their last lights. Instead of being a unique mind or innovative like Dick Lebeau, Wade Phillips, Jim Schwartz, Anuroma, or a several other DC's he keeps using these two because they are the only ones capable of grasping his concepts. A better DC should have worked in Rapp today to help shut down the run as hybrid LB/S.

Further his schemes isolate his corners too much and put the timing of the defense as the biggest factor on defense. It used to be that teams couldn't survive 4 seconds with us. Now they can beat us in less than 2. 

It's coaching on defense that is an issue. The scheme is exposed, the players are older, the system is not working 

8 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm just wondering if there's a precedent for someone under contract (in any profession) firing themself. There's gotta be one, I just can't come up with it.

Rex Ryan binge drinking the night before the last few games is as close as I know of... Having staff having to help them recover in the morning, etc. Was amazing. 

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

He put Dorian Williams out there last week and this week and had to yank him. He thought he had enough talent there with him and did not. Rookie was benched twice because he is just not playing well and undisciplined to his assignments and/then swallowed up on blockage. His judgement of linebackers is *****. It was last year when he thought we had the right guys with the likes of Spector, Bernard, Dobson, Ginger behind Milano and Edmunds. He royally ***** up when it came time to figure it out he had to go back to ol' faithful: Klein. Same thing this year. I know he's not necessarily a starter anymore but we know his ceiling and his floor and he's safe so it's ok to have that.

At the DL position he runs guys out of gas like in London by running high energy schemes & illusions to be effective. This high octane defense can't survive on a thin depth chart

He had Von Miller playing a pitch count against a very talented and underrated Jags team on dangerous turf vs having anyone else at depth to contribute throughout the game when it would be obvious the situation is unique and will be a challenge due to time zones.

His defensive backfield is compromised of Hyde and Poyer. Both in their last lights. Instead of being a unique mind or innovative like Dick Lebeau, Wade Phillips, Jim Schwartz, Anuroma, or a several other DC's he keeps using these two because they are the only ones capable of grasping his concepts. A better DC should have worked in Rapp today to help shut down the run as hybrid LB/S.

Further his schemes isolate his corners too much and put the timing of the defense as the biggest factor on defense. It used to be that teams couldn't survive 4 seconds with us. Now they can beat us in less than 2. 

It's coaching on defense that is an issue. The scheme is exposed, the players are older, the system is not working 

Rex Ryan binge drinking the night before the last few games is as close as I know of... Having staff having to help them recover in the morning, etc. Was amazing. 

I’m kind of understanding your points but Poyer had a sack and if i recall it wasn’t the safeties missing tackles or getting burnt. 

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

First I ever heard of that. If true, sounds more like someone trying to get themself fired (plenty of examples of that) vs. someone firing themself. 

18 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

I’m kind of understanding your points but Poyer had a sack and if i recall it wasn’t the safeties missing tackles or getting burnt. 

I was replying with a 30k view not just the missed tackles.

Tackles are taught preseason. 

14 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

First I ever heard of that. If true, sounds more like someone trying to get themself fired (plenty of examples of that) vs. someone firing themself. 

Someone we all knew told me stories about Rex and what they did. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yet the offense has been terrible for three weeks.  No injuries on that side of the ball

Coaching is the problem and it has been for years.  

Thought experiment: How would Mike McDaniels, Andy Reid, or Kyle Shanahan do with Josh Allen as their quarterback? 

Now you see the problem. And he's not going away soon. 

3 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

We are going to win 7 games. 

7-10 for the season. Mark it down... 

Tampa (going to lose to freaking Baker Mayfield, UGH) L
@ Cincy L

Denver W

NJ Jets W

@ Philly L
@ KC L

Cowboys L

@ LAC L

NE W

@ Miami L 

Actually pretty reasonable take looking at the schedule.  I think we get swept by the Jets though.

1 hour ago, finn said:

Thought experiment: How would Mike McDaniels, Andy Reid, or Kyle Shanahan do with Josh Allen as their quarterback? 

Now you see the problem. And he's not going away soon. 

They all specialize in offense , though not D. I agree it appears Dorsey is not a capable enough OC. Or maybe you just mean todays NFL requires an offensive HC to win big ? If so it’s a fair point . 

4 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Do you like this team’s chances vs the Jets defense?  Not sure.. still having flashbacks from Josh’s decision making from that debacle.  There is a tone that this fan base has.. this feeling like even if they lose.. “oh don’t worry.  They will be right there at the end.”  Not sure where this came from but I’m not buying it.  This group of guys does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.  Right now, I feel like that had an opportunity to win a ring a few years back.  KC shut the door and the Bills have been declining ever since. 

Yeah, many “experts “ also were surprisingly saying the Bills title contention window was closing after a 13-3 season.  Maybe they knew what they were talking about.

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Loss today may end up being a blessing in disguise. Why?

1. they have no cheesy excuse like Jet lag for the loss.

2. They didn’t just sleep walk and pull off a win just because they are just that Good

this May wake them up and from here on out you get a focused tough Bills team.

we probably kept the patriots from drafting QB Caleb Williams, so thats a good thing

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.