Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

46 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Knox and Davis should not start next week.  Message time. 

I love this idea. That might really shake up the malaise that seems to have settled in. Can Kincaid and Andy Isabelle really perform worse that these mediocrities? 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I turned the TV off after the Pats scored that last TD.  I was just talking to a friend from Buffalo who said that Allen threw a deep pass that Diggs should have caught putting the Bills in FG position.  Is this right?

Would have put us FG position but we needed a TD.

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Yes but the Bills were down by 4 points. 

Would’ve been a 1st from the pats 30 with timeouts. Who knows? But at the end of the day it should’ve never come down to that. 
this team is broken

Edited by AlfaBill
  • Agree 1

Can’t believe people are actually blaming Allen for this loss or getting down on him. The INT was his fault but he is the one that kept them in the game and had the lead with less than 2 mins to go. Josh missed some throws but let’s not act like he wasn’t pressured all game.

The Patriots have one of if not worst offenses in the league and they went down and scored with ease with the game on the line.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, finn said:

I love this idea. That might really shake up the malaise that seems to have settled in. Can Kincaid and Andy Isabelle really perform worse that these mediocrities? 

Why Davis? Knox sure 

Just now, cisco2403 said:

Can’t believe people are actually blaming Allen for this loss or getting down on him. The INT was his fault but he is the one that kept them in the game and had the lead with less than 2 mins to go. Josh missed some throws but let’s not act like he wasn’t pressured all game.

The Patriots have one of if not worst offenses in the league and they went down and scored with ease with the game on the line.

Josh didn’t play well early on but ya the Oline is a sieve 

6 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Would’ve been a 1st from the pats 30 with timeouts. Who knows? But at the end of the day it should’ve never come down to that. 
this team is broken

You never know but I think they only had one play left of Diggs caught it. Very unlikely but it was that kind of crazy game. Would have been awesome if the ghost of  Gabe caught the TD winner. 

7 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Why Davis? Knox sure 

Josh didn’t play well early on but ya the Oline is a sieve 

The analyst here just stated that Allen was pressured 41% of the time when he dropped back to pass. Wow. 

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, finn said:

1 catch for six yards. For the WR 2. 

Is that on him or the Qb? Josh had open receivers short that he didn’t go to. The best way to neutralize a blitz is short pass or run. They didn’t do that

not sure it was or wasn’t Gabes fault. 

13 minutes ago, cisco2403 said:

I think there is plenty of blame to go around. 

33 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

We’ve lost to many key guys on defense that I see no way how  we over come it…. The stupid penalties and drops on offense are killing this team more so than the play calling imo 

This, plus McDermotta inability to get a stop in a key, game defining moment.

The only way to compensate for it would be offensively, which has been even a bigger issue than the defense. 

SMH. 

Even when our defense is statistically good…we never get a quick stop in a big spot. Never. If you just took a lead or you need a quick 3 and out so we can close it out, or the other team needs to not flip the field…we never ever make that stop. Even the Giants win, they went the entire field on us. We are a pretty good defense on paper and there are games that the dense plays well. But in the entire McDermott era, unless we are turning a team over we NEVER make stops in big spots. It’s absolutely ridiculous and costs us games.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Meanwhile, in KC, Mahomes has 321 passing yards and 3 TDs AT HALFTIME!!! McDermott traded them that pick. 

So you believe that had the Bills drafted Mahomes it would have turned out any differently then how it did with Allen?  I don't and I'm curious as to why you think it would have.  I am convinced that had Buffalo drafted Mahomes in 2017 then KC picked Allen in 2018 the Chiefs would still have those 2 SB wins but with Allen at QB and the Bills with Mahomes would have looked a lot like they have under Allen.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.