Reminder: 38-10. 37-3. 48-20. Plus, the Bills WON on Sunday.

ChicagoRic

Ok, I get it.  The Bills have looked a little flat over the last two weeks, but can we talk a little bit about recency bias?

Bad games happen, but to make giant sweeping announcements that the wheels have fallen off the offense is a huge overreaction. 

Am I the only person who feels like I am in crazy land when people want to fire McDermott, fire Dorsey, and complain about too much Diggs?  Dorsey is bad for Allen?  McDermott is bad for Allen?  Cripes.

Yes. Two "bad" games in a row.  Acknowledged.  But looking at the season so far, I guess I am just way more optimistic than most and am expecting the Bills to get back on track this Sunday. 

This is a good offense with a great QB and a defense that has excelled despite injuries.   I'll take it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

People wanting to fire McD are crazy, let's just get that out of the way.

But for the games you mentioned, there is definitely context.  If you break down the scoring by quarter, most were not blow outs until the 4th quarter.  Only the Raiders game was well in hand by midway through the 3rd.  The Dolphins was the only complete offensive game.  

With that being said, I think the concerns about the offense are justified as we can't keep hoping the team will figure out how to score in the 4th

• Agree 1

It's good to remember.

Against the Giants, we drove to their side of the field pretty often - but were derailed there by mistakes most of the time.  2 missed FG's, and one punt that should have been another attempt.  One tipped pass for INT, and the fumble from Davis when we were rolling on a drive.  There was also the PI that wasn't called.

Seemed like almost a "Murphy's Law" kind of thing where just about every drive was undone w/ errors.  But it wasn't like we couldn't move the ball.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Special K said:

I was actually mildly encouraged with how the D played without Milano, Jones, and White......of course they were only playing the Giants.

we will see how they perform once they play a competent offense.

The Jags are a competent offense and most of the game was played without Milano, Jones, and White. The defense played well enough to win that game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

It's good to remember.

Against the Giants, we drove to their side of the field pretty often - but were derailed there by mistakes most of the time.  2 missed FG's, and one punt that should have been another attempt.  One tipped pass for INT, and the fumble from Davis when we were rolling on a drive.  There was also the PI that wasn't called.

Seemed like almost a "Murphy's Law" kind of thing where just about every drive was undone w/ errors.  But it wasn't like we couldn't move the ball.

Not to mention 2 deep passes that looked like they would have connected minus "tangled feet".

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

But for the games you mentioned, there is definitely context.  If you break down the scoring by quarter, most were not blow outs until the 4th quarter.  Only the Raiders game was well in hand by midway through the 3rd.  The Dolphins was the only complete offensive game.  

With that being said, I think the concerns about the offense are justified as we can't keep hoping the team will figure out how to score in the 4th

I just looked into it and all the points add up the same no matter when they are scored. There are no bonus points for leading at the end of a quarter or half. 😂

Kidding around aside...Yup, the offense is out of sync right now. In seasons past though we have seen teams like the Bengals start off slow...made a Super Bowl and another AFCCG last 2 years. Chiefs start out slow. Have made (what seems to be) 27 straight AFCCGs and several Super Bowls. Patriots...both Giants seasons...point being teams start out slow and turn it around every year. That could easily be us. I may even offer an argument that teams that start slow on offense have an advantage at the end of the year as there isn't as much film to break down what they do well. 

Got a LOT of ball left to play. One thing from this last weekend that they said during the Bills/Giants game stuck out to me. It was attributed bro something Daboll said but could easily apply to us. To paraphrase: they asked Daboll about his teams direction and he said basically: "When there's issues with he team, that's what the coaching staff gets paid for. To fix the problems." I think McDermott and Co will earn their pay.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

The struggles of the offense lay squarely on the shoulders of the OC who,is way out of his league

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.