Salah is beginning to irritate me

Beck Water

Saleh is a good coach, especially when it comes to defense. Gotta give the man his props. He's like Rocky... you have him on the ropes, one punch away from a knockout and yet he somehow finds a way to stay in the fight and rally the team. 

Also, don't discount the effect of Rodgers being out there pre-game, no crutches, no boot, just in shoes and throwing passes to Jets players. When he went down it was like the entire season was over. Now he has those guys buying into the idea that if they hold down the fort he just might make it back, and that is a huge lift for them mentally and emotionally. It's been 4 weeks and he should still be in a boot but he's walking around in sneakers, smiling and tossing footballs to his teammates. That stuff helps them buy into the season.

There will be no QB controversy either. Wilson isn't the reason they are winning, at all. He also idolizes Rodgers, and the team is full of Rodgers guys. So if they are winning this way with defense and Zach making the occasional play there will be zero locker room issue with Rodgers stepping back into the starting role. In fact, Wilson will have done EXACTLY what a backup should: hold down the fort, make some plays here and there, and keep the team alive. 

I doubted the idea that Rodgers would play this season, and still do, but it's not insane. The fact that he got hurt week 1 helps, obviously, and probably factors somewhat into the  "nobody has ever come back in the same season" mantra. It's going to be a lottery ticket as-is. If it was week 7 when it happens then there's no conversation of it. Most Achilles injuries happen later than week 1.

All an athlete needs is a glimmer of hope, and Rodgers is making sure everyone knows he plans to try to get back. 

As a fan of the sport, I like stories, and what a freaking story it would be if Rodgers comes back to play the same season he tears his achilles. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-earn-first-ever-win-eagles-jalen-hurts-latest-qb-embarrassed

Could just be me, but when your team is 2-3, I'm not sure it's time to be talking about "embarrassing all of" the opposing QB

It was a dumb this to say but Saleh has built a nice defense.  

Maybe this was hubris talking but I think it was more him pumping up his team.  Players like it when coaches brag on them.  

They just held the NFC champs to 14 points despite the Jets missing some defensive starters.  He may have been a little exuberant.  I wouldn't blame him. 

Apparently there was a basketball player who came back from a ruptured Achilles in 3 months and played basketball at pre-injury levels and Rodgers is having the same treatment done. 

I would think an NFL QB would put less strain on that achilles than a basketball player, whose entire sport is based on pushing off of that foot to jump and land repeatedly. 

3 months after surgery would be 12/14.

I'm surprised he didn't use the "F" word at least three times in that remark. Salah and his D-coordinator must hold the record for using the "F" word in the Hard Knocks Show. I was embarrassed for his family.

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Apparently there was a basketball player who came back from a ruptured Achilles in 3 months and played basketball at pre-injury levels and Rodgers is having the same treatment done. 

I would think an NFL QB would put less strain on that achilles than a basketball player, whose entire sport is based on pushing off of that foot to jump and land repeatedly. 

3 months after surgery would be 12/14.

But at 40 years old?  I doubt that Basketball player was that age.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

I was at the game. Wilson didn't do much. The Jets defense played its ass off. 4 turnovers. Hurts was the reason the Eagles lost. Same with Allen in week 1.

I agree with you as I watched that game. Wilson isn't good which makes Saleh's result even more impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But at 40 years old?  I doubt that Basketball player was that age.

for sure that's one of the many big questions... The BB player was 23, so that has to figure in I would think. 

I could totally see the lift it could give the team though, even if it's a slight chance, it's a chance. 

Also, if that 23 year old BB player is taking jump shots and rebounding in 3 months when was it physically safe to start doing those things? I would imagine some time before he actually was back to playing at his pre injury level. 

It's a pretty fascinating story to follow just as a fan of the sport and what is possible. Who knows how it turns out though. 

I get the impression Wilson is settling down a bit, just enough to hang on by his fingertips. He's standing in the pocket better and making better throws. Seems to see the field better. Its not saying much but just maybe he's starting to turn the corner. Breece Hall is a helluva back. D is legit, like the Browns.

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-earn-first-ever-win-eagles-jalen-hurts-latest-qb-embarrassed

Could just be me, but when your team is 2-3, I'm not sure it's time to be talking about "embarrassing all of" the opposing QB

HE is an embarrassing, pompous, television hogging moron.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

for sure that's one of the many big questions... The BB player was 23, so that has to figure in I would think. 

I could totally see the lift it could give the team though, even if it's a slight chance, it's a chance. 

Also, if that 23 year old BB player is taking jump shots and rebounding in 3 months when was it physically safe to start doing those things? I would imagine some time before he actually was back to playing at his pre injury level. 

It's a pretty fascinating story to follow just as a fan of the sport and what is possible. Who knows how it turns out though. 

I am wondering has there been anything about Tre opting for that similar procedure?

14 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I'll believe it when I see it. 

Mbappe won't take any amount of money to play for the Saudis and Liverpool are wiling to break the bank to get him, even if they have to sell Salah off... we shall see!

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

The Jets have beaten Buffalo, Philly, and should have beaten KC (if not for the thumb on the scale from the league).  Their QB stinks and their offense is mediocre as a result.  I'd say he has pretty good grounds to tout his defense.  

2 minutes ago, shoveldog said:

The Jets have beaten Buffalo, Philly, and should have beaten KC (if not for the thumb on the scale from the league).  Their QB stinks and their offense is mediocre as a result.  I'd say he has pretty good grounds to tout his defense.  

People don't have a problem with him touting his defense. It's the use of the word "embarrassed." In the past, most coaches would have used a word like "contained," or "kept in check." Even "dominated." But "embarrassed" is just a non-cuss word way of saying "made them our b**ch." It's trash talk, and these younger coaches don't shy away from it. I don't have a problem with it, but it's what people don't like here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.