Milano and Daquan to IR. Klein signed.

Gambit

15 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Huh?   Two strong side linebackers and Klein at WILL LB.  Since when do Bills play a 4-3 as base D?  

and where does Taron Johnson figure in your new scheme?

i meant bernard at mlb.

just because rapp is in at SLB doesn't mean he is playing SLB.

3-3-5 in a creative spin

basically rapp becomes the big nickel

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, boyst said:

i meant bernard at mlb.

just because rapp is in at SLB doesn't mean he is playing SLB.

3-3-5 in a creative spin

basically rapp becomes the big nickel

Why are we talking about switching our core defensive alignment/philosophy all of a sudden?

Because Milano/Jones went down, just means next man up.

They've spent countless hours/months installing the defense, they aren't going to switch it now.  Better chance we make a trade, if they think we need someone else to execute

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Why are we talking about switching our core defensive alignment/philosophy all of a sudden?

They've spent countless hours/months installing the defense, they aren't going to switch it now.  Better chance we make a trade, if they think we need someone else to execute

A good coach isn't going to keep running the same scheme and principles with lesser or other talent.

Look at Seattle with Pete Carrol, wade Phillips, belichick, countless good defensive coordinators tweak their gameplans based on the players.

No one in the NFL can fill milanos shoes. Especially not some rookie from Villanova.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

We make a trade but will Mcd play them? Or keep them on the inactive list?

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

I don’t think McD would have said that especially with what happened with Von.  

And I do remember more cautionary language explicitly indicating they weren't out of the ACL woods yet with Von too, so hopefully the lack of that means we are in the clear

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, arcane said:

And I do remember more cautionary language explicitly indicating they weren't out of the ACL woods yet with Von too, so hopefully the lack of that means we are in the clear

I agree I’m taking McDs words as there isn’t an ACL tear.  

I don’t need him to be an eternal optimist right now bc he thinks the fan base need it or something and then later say if they find out he did “well we were holding out hope there.” 

If they don’t know yet that should have been his answer “we don’t know yet.”  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

My Sunday was pretty bad.  My Wednesday isn't as bad...not great but could be worse.

If we can get both of them back by early January, I'm happier than when Forrest saw Lt. Dan sitting on the dock and told him he would be his shrimp boat captain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, boyst said:

A good coach isn't going to keep running the same scheme and principles with lesser or other talent.

Look at Seattle with Pete Carrol, wade Phillips, belichick, countless good defensive coordinators tweak their gameplans based on the players.

No one in the NFL can fill milanos shoes. Especially not some rookie from Villanova.

Who is the rookie from Villanova? You mean Dorian (Tulane?).

Honestly, this isn't like its the first time Milano has missed games.  And we've been hit with injuries to the secondary/DL before too.  Coach will find ways to adjust within his system, we aren't changing to a 3-3-5 for the sake of changing.

Groot is likely back this week, as well as Shaq.  We got hit with injuries early last game, then gassed (bc of this + our offense not sustaining any drives). 

Defense will be OK...offense, time for it to put up "consistent" results.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Klein actually played his best football for us replacing Milano. People think it was when he replaced Edmund’s, it was actually when he replaced Milano. Milano missed a lot of time in 2020.

Yes, Klein was a strong pass rusher out of that position 

1 hour ago, boyst said:

You mean Tulane

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I wonder how much of this is due to Breece Halls big run and Archane. They held jacobs to like 5 yards 

Etienne ripped us a new one all game.  Here's the thing, those big plays happen because we're trying to make big-plays on D but guess incorrectly.  

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

the Bucs are a pretty good team overall. and will likely give us some trouble I’m thinking.

Yeah, maybe.  Mayfield's only played us once but he had a great game and won.  

I just looked, Tampa seems to be struggling to put up points, but their "no name" D seems to be playing well.  

The Jags game was such a weird game.  I'm betting our offense is much more like the Miami game than the Jags game.

And that offense is so much better than the vast majority of teams in the AFC. Or NFC, for that matter.

I think this team has a big run coming.  We'll be having different conversations in a month or so (and waiting for updates on Jones & Milano).

9 hours ago, boyst said:

funny how quickly people forget last year

9 hours ago, boyst said:

rapp is a better tackler and angle pursuer than any LB on our active team.

we aren't winning the superbowl. this is a 4-6 loss team and not build for the playoffs.

having williams play in downs and in mixed coverage is worthwhile, same with spector. but both of them are likely lifetime special teamers

klein played sam in carolina with mcdermott, sam and will in new orleans, mike and will in buffalo.

Funny how people forget 2 weeks ago.  

We got hosed by the NFL in their scheduling and it cost us 2 of our best players….. but there’s isn’t one team in the AFC that looks like a Super Bowl champion.  Before the injuries, we were playing better than anyone.  You should refrain from making finalities in October.  Lots can change.  

Many 4-6 loss teams have won the Super Bowl.  26 to be exact 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Success said:

That's actually extremely encouraging.  It sounds like there is NOT any significant ligament damage for Milano, and that the recovery is for the fracture. 

If we get him back for the playoffs - what a boost that would be for the team & our chances.

I just read where if Milano rehabs like he lift weight, he could be back by DECEMBER! 🙏

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.