Would you trade AJ Epenesa?

Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Everyone has a price and if some contending NFC team offers a first or a bad team offers a second then they'd have to consider it.  Unlikely to happen but you never know.

Vine Wtf GIF

Cmon guys, you’re ****ing with me. 

Some team is now going to give up a first round pick for Epenesa on an expiring contract????

Von Miller, an established HOF DE in his prime netted a 2nd in the same situation. 

SMH

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Vine Wtf GIF

Some team is now going to give up a first round pick for Epenesa on an expiring contract????

Von Miller, an established HOF DE in his prime netted a 2nd in the same situation. 

SMH

I should of clarified.  If some team is stupid enough to do it.  It only takes one.

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Vine Wtf GIF

SMH

Do you follow the NFL?

Miller wasn't in his prime.........he was 32 and had played just a half season after missing 2020..........so that was a hell of a trade haul for him and that's why Beane passed.

Miller ultimately didn't answer the question of whether he would bounce back or not until the postseason that year.

Epenesa is just 25..........an "emerging pass rush asset" as you called him.

Young pass rushers have great value and get paid big.........see what Miami gave up for Chubb coming off a season prior where he had ZERO sacks.

But ask Leonard Floyd and a bunch of other 30 something pass rushers this past offseason what the market is like for older pass rushers.

14 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why would you trade a guy still on that rookie real? What are you really going to get for him? A 7th? Why even bother 

I would only trade him for a player or in a packaged deal with picks for a player.

Obviously you’re not trading Epenesa for a mid-late round pick. Reading those comments made me laugh. 

Why would we even contemplate trading him for a late pick. It’s like people don’t even think. The whole point was to help a position like LB or CB that has been hit hard and has little depth, unlike edge. We’ll see where our overall health is in a couple weeks when the trade deadline approaches.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I would only trade him for a player or in a packaged deal with picks for a player.

Obviously you’re not trading Epenesa for a mid-late round pick. Reading those comments made me laugh. 

Why would we even contemplate trading him for a late pick. It’s like people don’t even think. The whole point was to help a position like LB or CB that has been hit hard and has little depth, unlike edge. We’ll see where our overall health is in a couple weeks when the trade deadline approaches.

The bottom line is you wouldn’t trade Epenesa for less than a third because we may even net that as a comp pick if he walks next season. 

The only reason to trade him would be to upgrade at another position, which, to your point, would require a packaged deal in all likelihood.

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Do you follow the NFL?

Miller wasn't in his prime.........he was 32 and had played just a half season after missing 2020..........so that was a hell of a trade haul for him and that's why Beane passed.

Miller ultimately didn't answer the question of whether he would bounce back or not until the postseason that year.

Epenesa is just 25..........an "emerging pass rush asset" as you called him.

Young pass rushers have great value and get paid big.........see what Miami gave up for Chubb coming off a season prior where he had ZERO sacks.

But ask Leonard Floyd and a bunch of other 30 something pass rushers this past offseason what the market is like for older pass rushers.

Counterpoint, that Bradley Chubb deal doesn’t look super great so far lol

Edited by FireChans

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s always had pass rush talent. It’s just about him putting it all together. He had a game vs Miami where he dominated. I believe he injured Tua. He has it in him.

I would not say he injured Tua. 

Tua fell down and pulled EJ on top of him like a baby with a blanket.

Bills’ A.J. Epenesa has breakout game, knocks Tua Tagovailoa out of it in shutout win (8 observations)

https://www.facebook.com/HawkeyeHeaven/videos/aj-epenesa-knocks-tua-tagovailoa-from-the-game/892395768342863/

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You just aren’t going to get anyone back worth anything. Or anyone period honestly. That’s why nobody wants to do it. The guy is basically nobody in the landscape of the nfl. You aren’t getting a CB back in a trade for a guy like this. Very few players get traded for players in the NFL to begin with. Almost no team is going to give up something for a guy that marginal. The other day a guy called WGR and said they should trade Hamlin….No team is giving you something for a guy like that. You can’t just trade guys because you want to, you need a team willing to give you something.

The only thing you might get, is a guy that a team was already giving up on. Like the Bears were with Claypool. They were just going to dump him until the Dolphins took the headache off their hands. The Jets will do that with Hardman soon. It’s not that the Bills wouldn’t want to trade him, it’s that nobody is going to give you anything close to worth it for AJ. And you don’t pay him anything so why not just keep him. If a team is dumb enough to give you something good? Take it. It’s just not realistic.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

I wouldn't trade Epenesa now.  Prior to this season beginning, I thought it was a possibility but his game appears to have risen.  DE is a premium position and I would think Beane is considering re-signing him.  Who knows if Miller returns to form, Floyd is on a 1yr deal as is Lawson.  If the Bills can't re-sign Epenesa for whatever reason, he's likely to get a pretty big contract which could give the Bills a pretty good comp pick.  I believe Beane will use whatever available cap space he has to re-sign guys.  Probably no big name free agent signing.

10 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Back around 9/1, we were so deep on db's there were threads here to trade them. Fast forward 5 weeks and we're signing Josh Norman. Keep AJE, it's a long season of attrition 

And we ended up with a PS defensive tackle at the other edge spot opposite AJE in the 4th quarter on Sunday because Floyd and Jonathan had various nicks in the game. Edge depth matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

mcd's d is about the front.  he can slap in a blah lb and not drop off too too badly from milano (yes, it's a drop off, but im impressed w how it's not fatal w dodson), and he's had more undrafted and late round dbs than i can think of.

his prize possession on D is the fleet of wreckers up front.  he's finally got that, i think he moves a guy only if we get some top flight corner or mayhaps an ultra talented WR out of it.  otherwise, he wants his bread and butter to be stacked high.

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s always had pass rush talent. It’s just about him putting it all together. He had a game vs Miami where he dominated. I believe he injured Tua. He has it in him.

Fans often get overly excited watching pedestrian players have great games where they have favorable matchups against poor competition. This has been the case with Epenesa. He will have to do something against some good OTs for me to believe that he’s anything more than a depth DE in the NFL.

• Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Everyone has a price and if some contending NFC team offers a first or a bad team offers a second then they'd have to consider it.  Unlikely to happen but you never know.

Everyone has a price? In almost every case I would agree, but what is the Chiefs’ price for Mahomes? If Josh Allen and two firsts wouldn’t get it done then there is nothing that would. I think he is the lone player in the league for whom there no price. Brady circa 2010 is probably another one. Montana in ‘85 too.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Everyone has a price? In almost every case I would agree, but what is the Chiefs’ price for Mahomes? If Josh Allen and two firsts wouldn’t get it done then there is nothing that would. I think he is the lone player in the league for whom there no price. Brady circa 2010 is probably another one. Montana in ‘85 too.

Josh Allen and 3 #1 overall picks would get it done

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Josh Allen and 3 #1 overall picks would get it done

Do you think that if, hypothetically of course, that the Bills got the Bears and Panthers picks in this upcoming draft that Josh, out first and those two would get it done? I don’t think so. Mahomes wins Superbowls. We don’t know if Caleb Williams or Josh Allen can do that.

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Do you think that if, hypothetically of course, that the Bills got the Bears and Panthers picks in this upcoming draft that Josh, out first and those two would get it done? I don’t think so. Mahomes wins Superbowls. We don’t know if Caleb Williams or Josh Allen can do that.

I think that it would be considered, hypothetically. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.