Would you trade AJ Epenesa?

Buffalo_Stampede

On 10/9/2023 at 6:58 PM, Mikie2times said:

He had a pick 6 in one game and Dominated a full game as much as any DE we have seen since probably Bruce.  On top of it we waited years for him to flash. We can’t trade him right now. He’s an impact player and you can’t have enough of those when you’re making a Super Bowl push. 

Eh don't forget Mario. He had a few monster games too. Agree with your overall point though.

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Everyone has a price? In almost every case I would agree, but what is the Chiefs’ price for Mahomes? If Josh Allen and two firsts wouldn’t get it done then there is nothing that would. I think he is the lone player in the league for whom there no price. Brady circa 2010 is probably another one. Montana in ‘85 too.

In Mahomes's case an owner of an opposing team would have to persuade him to demand a trade and that team would make Watson's trade compensation look like a joke.

On 10/10/2023 at 12:38 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

As @SCBills recently pointed out, we should be looking to cycle out of the Poyer, Hyde, White, Morse contracts next year. So we should be able to re-sign AJE, and we have a 5th year tag for Rousseau to kick that can down a ways.

IMO, you re-sign all those guys. AJE, Rousseau, and Jonathan. Need to re-sign Jones too.

I don’t disagree with any of that, except for maybe Morse.  I’d like to keep both AJE and Rousseau.  Not sure if there’s sufficient cap room for all of those guys at that position. 

(Cutting White might be a hard thing, too, based on his standing in the locker room and his injury misfortune.). 

31 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t disagree with any of that, except for maybe Morse.  I’d like to keep both AJE and Rousseau.  Not sure if there’s sufficient cap room for all of those guys at that position. 

(Cutting White might be a hard thing, too, based on his standing in the locker room and his injury misfortune.). 

Cutting White is going to be the most difficult thing McBeane has done throughout their entire tenure. But it's looking like it must happen. Or he can re-do his deal beyond a typical "restructure".

Morse isnt a must go. But we save $8.5M by releasing him. That could be most of AJE right there. I'd rather have Bates/AJE than just Morse. JMO.

35 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Cutting White is going to be the most difficult thing McBeane has done throughout their entire tenure. But it's looking like it must happen. Or he can re-do his deal beyond a typical "restructure".

Morse isnt a must go. But we save $8.5M by releasing him. That could be most of AJE right there. I'd rather have Bates/AJE than just Morse. JMO.

I think Morse will make it easy on Beane and retire after this season.

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I think Morse will make it easy on Beane and retire after this season.

I mean, if I had a contract that would pay me over $10M just for showing up, I'm showing up until they lock me out. He only has a couple years left either way. I wouldnt blame him for forcing their hand.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.