4 drives ended by dropped passes

Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

If Kincaid is in the same position as Knox for that ball it's just as ridiculous a catch it was way too damn high, Knox barely got his hand on it to get the ball to drop.

Kincaid was an All-State basketball player. He has more skills and better hands. I applaud Knox for improving his hands from 2019, but he has proven time and again he doesn’t make those catches. Watch KC. Kelce makes those catches. He is also quicker and more agile, always finds a way to get open. We need Kincaid to try those routes to find out if he can.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you drunk or something?  I’ve not done anything here negative to Davis other than point out his drops like I did everyone else who had drops that were hurting the offense in the first half.

You turned this into some Davis thread, not me.

Again, stop making up narratives.  Told you like 10 times I didn’t say what you keep trying make this say.  

You excluded Davis from having "played with fire" or however you defined it, then argued with me when I pointed out that he had a great game and actually contributed more to scoring than anyone else on the team today, and frankly, all season.  Besides Allen that is.  

"Played with fire," not showing up, ... semantics.  

Davis posted a very solid game without contributing to any TOs.  That's more than can be said for any other player on offense today.  

Let's call this.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good point.  Oliver might actually may have started with too much fire actually with those early penalties 

The first one I am happy to look again but I can't see it. He was around TLaw's waist. Either they called it on the wrong person or it was a phantom penalty. Again right under my nose in that endzone. Maybe I will see it when I watch back.

The 2nd one was RTP but he was just trying to make a play. I will never kill a DT for that penalty there. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

You excluded Davis from having "played with fire" or however you defined it, then argued with me when I pointed out that he had a great game and actually contributed more to scoring than anyone else on the team today, and frankly, all season.  Besides Allen that is.  

"Played with fire," not showing up, ... semantics.  

Davis posted a very solid game without contributing to any TOs.  That's more than can be said for any other player on offense today.  

Let's call this.  

No I argued that I didn’t once say what you claimed I was saying.  And I defended leaving him off playing with fire from start to finish today because his first half wasn’t the same as his second half.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The first one I am happy to look again but I can't see it. He was around TLaw's waist. Either they called it on the wrong person or it was a phantom penalty. Again right under my nose in that endzone. Maybe I will see it when I watch back.

The 2nd one was RTP but he was just trying to make a play. I will never kill a DT for that penalty there. 

Easily the worst game Refs of any game this season and maybe one of the worst I’ve ever seen

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Kincaid was an All-State basketball player. He has more skills and better hands. I applaud Knox for improving his hands from 2019, but he has proven time and again he doesn’t make those catches. Watch KC. Kelce makes those catches. He is also quicker and more agile, always finds a way to get open. We need Kincaid to try those routes to find out if he can.

Right must have had a fever dream when I thought Knox caught that Josh Allen throwaway against New England in the playoffs. Just say you want us to use Kincaid more, don't use a play where he'd have to make a ridiculous career highlight reel level catch because of an off pass as proof that Knox doesn't have it and Kincaid would automatically succeed.

• Like (+1) 1

Davis makes big plays, and also makes critical drops.  Been his M.O. for years now.  Both happened today.  Gabe makes for a great WR3, but you need more reliability out of a WR2.

Gabe does not suck, and did not suck today.  However, he still had a painful drop on an easy pass that killed a critical drive.  That's a fact, not an opinion, and I'm tired of people trying to give him a pass on his drops just b/c of the good he does otherwise.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

How was the second one RTP?

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

How was the second one RTP?

Great question. He more or less clotheslined him as far as I could tell and that isn’t really a penalty. Terrible replays on the dozen controversial calls today. The OPI in Kincaid was trash. As was the personal foul on Poyer on a tipped pass.

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

His underthrow to Diggs on that deep shot was a guaranteed TD and cost them 7 points as they ended up punting on that drive. The key play in the game and it essentially cost them the win. Allen was not good today until it was too late.

not sure why the disagreement.  Allen was off.   Likely tired as he admitted on Friday.  The Bills FO messed up the travel schedule.  

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No I argued that I didn’t once say what you claimed I was saying.  And I defended leaving him off playing with fire from start to finish today because his first half wasn’t the same as his second half.

Here's what I'm talking about. 

2nd Half:  (which you just cliamed)  

Diggs:  4 catches for 82 yards with 0 TDs 

62 of those yards on non-scoring drives having nothing to do with Davis.  One 1st-Down otherwise.  

Davis:  3 catches for 72 yards and 1 TD 

Davis had 43 of the 75 net yards on our scoring drive while catching the TD to pull us within 5.  

AFTER THAT, Diggs fumbled the ball on his only catch, and Davis added 29 yards on 1st-and-10 to set up Allen's TD run, ... after our marvelous D gave up 75 yards, featuring 43 yards by Etienne up-the-middle, to put the Jags up by 12.  Davis 29-yard catch on the next drive set up Allen's TD run.  

So again, spin away, but there's no way on earth that Diggs outplayed Davis in the 2nd half.  In fact, had Diggs done what Davis did in the 2nd half, we'd have won.  

I'm far from trying to implicate Diggs here, but your original point was exactly this; 

Cook, Knox, Diggs, Davis all dropped passes that killed our drives which would have been first downs, with Davis having a second drop for a first down erased off the stat sheet by a penalty.

Feels like the only people who showed up to play with any fire today was Allen, Diggs and AJE.

... which is nonsense without Davis in there.  But then arguing as you have, ... SMH  

And for the love of football, why all the outright hate for Davis, a player that has 4 TDs on the season and numerous 1st-Downs contributing to other scores and keeping drives alive, typically on deep throws on "... and long's."  

SMH  

Honestly, time for another whipping boy.  

Meanwhile, in allowing nearly 500 yards, actual yards, not penalty yards, McD gets a pass and everyone considers his D better than Frazier's despite his giving up well  over 100 more YPG than Frazier ever did through five games in either of his last two seasons here.  

It's mystefying.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Here's what I'm talking about. 

2nd Half:  (which you just cliamed)  

Diggs:  4 catches for 82 yards with 0 TDs 

62 of those yards on non-scoring drives having nothing to do with Davis.  One 1st-Down otherwise.  

Davis:  3 catches for 72 yards and 1 TD 

Davis had 43 of the 75 net yards on our scoring drive while catching the TD to pull us within 5.  

AFTER THAT, Diggs fumbled the ball on his only catch, and Davis added 29 yards on 1st-and-10 to set up Allen's TD run, ... after our marvelous D gave up 75 yards, featuring 43 yards by Etienne up-the-middle, to put the Jags up by 12.  Davis 29-yard catch on the next drive set up Allen's TD run.  

So again, spin away, but there's no way on earth that Diggs outplayed Davis in the 2nd half.  In fact, had Diggs done what Davis did in the 2nd half, we'd have won.  

I'm far from trying to implicate Diggs here, but your original point was exactly this; 

... which is nonsense without Davis in there.  But then arguing as you have, ... SMH  

And for the love of football, why all the outright hate for Davis, a player that has 4 TDs on the season and numerous 1st-Downs contributing to other scores and keeping drives alive, typically on deep throws on "... and long's."  

SMH  

Honestly, time for another whipping boy.  

Meanwhile, in allowing nearly 500 yards, actual yards, not penalty yards, McD gets a pass and everyone considers his D better than Frazier's despite his giving up well  over 100 more YPG than Frazier ever did through five games in either of his last two seasons here.  

It's mystefying.  

Still trying to say that I said something that I didn’t.  I dont really know how many more ways to tell you to stop making your own narratives about what I actually said.  

Maybe go start a Davis thread as that is all you’re obsessed with making this thread about even though it’s not.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I don’t think Diggs ever had possession.

Could have gotten Calvin Ridley for nothing this offseason.

He had the initial catch with the DB also putting his hands on the ball.  It was 50/50 all the way to the ground where Diggs then lost it.  They already on the ground. 50/50 balls goto the offense. But whatever.  They didn't want to show any replays because the NFL is mad that people are calling them out on their BS so they tell networks to not air them.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.