Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, Israel has some tough days ahead. Beset on three sides by violence

by Taboola 

Key Israeli military base destroyed 'by Hezbollah rocket strike' as escalation fears surge

Video on social media shows the Biranit army base near the Lebanon border reduced to rubble after the devastating rocket attack today.

By ISABELLE DURSO

A Hezbollah rocket from Lebanon has hit an IDF base, officials said (Image: Twitter)

A rocket attack from Lebanon has hit the IDF's Biranit base in northern Israel, the IDF confirmed on Monday.

Footage posted to social media shows extensive damage and fire caused by the devastating shelling.

The IDF confirmed that rockets were fired at the base.

Times of Israel correspondent Emmanuel Fabian reported on social media that Hezbollah is responsible.

No injuries were reported in the attack, but footage shows the base was badly damaged.

https://www.the-express.com/news/world-news/118947/israel-military-base-destroyed-hezbollah-rocket-strike-hamas-war

Cough, Cough.

Being attacked by Iranian backed Terrorist groups.

Is this Iran Escalating the situation?

and you see that as a good thing?

yesterday the Houthi terrorist took over a boat full of Japanese Sailers because they thought the boat was Israeli. 

Can't make it up.

I am extremely suspicious of that footage.

"Rockets," even a number of them, don't cause that kind of damage.

This would also imply that Israeli air defenses, which are formidable either failed or were not utilized.

Very suspicious. 

• Like (+1) 1

Good 

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/21/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-latest-news-on-gaza-conflict.html

The Israeli prime minister said negotiations on the release of hostages taken by Hamas are making progress.

“I don’t think it’s worth saying too much, not even at this moment, but I hope there will be good news soon,” Benjamin Netanyahu said, according to a Google-translated statement from his office.

Separately, the prime minister’s office told NBC that, “in light of the developments regarding the release of our abductees,” Netanyahu will convene the War Cabinet at 6 p.m. local time (11 .m. ET), the Political-Security Cabinet at 7 p.m. local time and the government at 8 p.m. local time.

It comes after Hamas political leader, Ismail Haniyeh, said earlier that the Palestinian militant group and Israel were “close to reaching a truce agreement.”

56 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good 

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/21/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-latest-news-on-gaza-conflict.html

The Israeli prime minister said negotiations on the release of hostages taken by Hamas are making progress.

“I don’t think it’s worth saying too much, not even at this moment, but I hope there will be good news soon,” Benjamin Netanyahu said, according to a Google-translated statement from his office.

Separately, the prime minister’s office told NBC that, “in light of the developments regarding the release of our abductees,” Netanyahu will convene the War Cabinet at 6 p.m. local time (11 .m. ET), the Political-Security Cabinet at 7 p.m. local time and the government at 8 p.m. local time.

It comes after Hamas political leader, Ismail Haniyeh, said earlier that the Palestinian militant group and Israel were “close to reaching a truce agreement.”

I have have my doubts which sucks because I hope all the hostages return home safely. The question is if Hamas is going to be wiped off the planet like Netanyahu says then what is their motivation to let the hostages go? My guess is Israel will go a small portion of the hostages in return for a few days of ceasefire but that’s about it. 

4 minutes ago, Justice said:

I have have my doubts which sucks because I hope all the hostages return home safely. The question is if Hamas is going to be wiped off the planet like Netanyahu says then what is their motivation to let the hostages go? My guess is Israel will go a small portion of the hostages in return for a few days of ceasefire but that’s about it. 

Net-and-yahoo has made it clear that the hostages are of secondary importance to destroying Hamas. All it takes is for a few shots to be fired by either side and cease is over. 

On a different point, I just don't see a long term viability for Israel. 20% of their population is Pal, they are surrounded and increasingly dominated by a right wing religious coalition that is more religiously oriented than democratically. 

8 minutes ago, Justice said:

The question is if Hamas is going to be wiped off the planet like Netanyahu says then what is their motivation to let the hostages go? 

Because they, Hamas, are humans?

Either way, by their actions, need to be removed.

• Like (+1) 1

Iranian Proxies Hijack Israeli-Owned Ship in International Waters

Iranian-backed Houthi terrorists based in Yemen hijacked an Israeli-owed commercial vessel Sunday as it was in international waters. The Bahamas-flagged roll-on-roll-off ship auto-carrier disappeared from tracking systems just before noon GMT (6 a.m. EDT) while transiting the Red Sea in international waters. It is partially owned by Tel Aviv-based Ray Shipping Ltd, which operates a fleet of 65 pure car and truck carriers (PCTC). It has a crew of 22, none of whom are known to be Israeli. Yemen's Houthi terrorist organization, which styles itself "rebel," claimed responsibility. The Tehran-backed Houthis released a statement claiming responsibility,

https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/11/19/breaking-iranian-proxies-hijack-israeli-owned-ship-in-international-waters-n2166552

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Iranian Proxies Hijack Israeli-Owned Ship in International Waters

Iranian-backed Houthi terrorists based in Yemen hijacked an Israeli-owed commercial vessel Sunday as it was in international waters. The Bahamas-flagged roll-on-roll-off ship auto-carrier disappeared from tracking systems just before noon GMT (6 a.m. EDT) while transiting the Red Sea in international waters. It is partially owned by Tel Aviv-based Ray Shipping Ltd, which operates a fleet of 65 pure car and truck carriers (PCTC). It has a crew of 22, none of whom are known to be Israeli. Yemen's Houthi terrorist organization, which styles itself "rebel," claimed responsibility. The Tehran-backed Houthis released a statement claiming responsibility,

https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/11/19/breaking-iranian-proxies-hijack-israeli-owned-ship-in-international-waters-n2166552

Idiots 

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

On a different point, I just don't see a long term viability for Israel. 20% of their population is Pal, they are surrounded and increasingly dominated by a right wing religious coalition that is more religiously oriented than democratically.

The long term viability is an interesting point which depends on finding a peaceful solution with the Palestinians. Elimination of Hamas (if possible) or Hamas changing their view of Israel is necessary before peace is possible. 

39 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

The long term viability is an interesting point which depends on finding a peaceful solution with the Palestinians. Elimination of Hamas (if possible) or Hamas changing their view of Israel is necessary before peace is possible. 

So many things working against that. trouble maker Iran, for one. They have zero interest in peace. The right wing in Israel that wants to expand settlements, are a problem. The religious nature of the country, are they a free society or a religious one? Lots of problems, but they are also full of really smart and talented people, so hopefully it works out. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/1000-boats-said-set-to-leave-turkey-for-gaza-waters-in-new-freedom-flotilla/

Approximately 1,000 boats will gather in Turkey on Wednesday before heading toward Gaza in an attempt to break the Israeli blockade and disrupt maritime trade coming into Israel during the war with Hamas, in an apparent repeat of similar attempts from over a decade ago.

In an interview with Turkish news website Haber7, Volkan Okçu, one of the organizers of the protest, indicated the boats will carry 4,500 people from 40 countries, “including anti-Zionist Jews.”

Among the 1,000 vessels would be 313 boats filled with Russian activists, and 104 filled with Spanish activists, he said. Only 12 Turkish vessels will join the flotilla, he told Haber7.

However, Okçu said in a later tweet that he expected the number of Turkish vessels to be much higher, at least 1,000, and insisted that the initiative is not associated with the Turkish government. He did not explain the discrepancy in numbers.

16 hours ago, SCBills said:

Stuff like this doesn’t do much to dissuade the notion that Jews hold outsized influence in certain areas.

We saw this with Kyrie and Kanye last year.  

Money=power.  You see how many Jewish donors are pulling their support of major universities?  Again, don't ever let people know just how replaceable you truly are.

• Like (+1) 1

Israel Approves Deal To Get 50 Hostages Back From Hamas Terrorists: Report

Israeli officials voted on Wednesday morning local time to approve deal in which dozens of hostages kidnapped by Hamas will be let go in exchange for Israel releasing some Palestinian women and minors convicted of crimes from prisons inside Israel.

Hamas will release 12-13 hostages a day for four days in exchange for a ceasefire during that period of time, The Times of Israel reported. Israel will release about three times that number to return to their homes in Judea and Samaria and East Jerusalem.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/israel-approves-deal-to-get-50-hostages-back-from-hamas-terrorists-report

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So many things working against that. trouble maker Iran, for one. They have zero interest in peace. The right wing in Israel that wants to expand settlements, are a problem. The religious nature of the country, are they a free society or a religious one? Lots of problems, but they are also full of really smart and talented people, so hopefully it works out. 

All true. Israel has a demographic problem that includes the outsize influence of ultra-orthodox Jews in their internal politics.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

All true. Israel has a demographic problem that includes the outsize influence of ultra-orthodox Jews in their internal politics.

Yet they survive and thrive.

Won a war against a coalition of Arab states the day after their creation in 1948.

Won a war against a coalition of Arab states in 1967, the "Six Day War," capturing West Bank, Golan Heights and Gaza.

Won a war against a coalition of Arab states in 1973, called the Yom Kippur War, ended by a forced ceasefire when Israeli troops could have captured both Damascus and Cairo within days.

Decimated the Syrian Air Force in 1982. final score...80 something to zero.

Destroyed Iraqi nuclear facility, 18981.

Destroyed Syrian nuclear facility, 2007.

Not a bad record.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I did not realize how bad October 7th was for Israel. 1200 dead from the terrorist attack would be the US equivalent of 42000 per capita. How does anyone argue against the fact that Hamas needs to be ended by any means necessary? 

The entire nation is in mourning while astroturf demonstrators chant "from the river to the sea" across EU and the USA.  Tick Tockers quoting Bin Ladans letter.

Edited by Tommy Callahan

19 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I did not realize how bad October 7th was for Israel. 1200 dead from the terrorist attack would be the US equivalent of 42000 per capita. How does anyone argue against the fact that Hamas needs to be ended by any means necessary? 

What would the per capita dead be for Palestinians in American population terms? 150,000? 

The hostages Israel is releasing: 

The Israeli government on Wednesday published a list of 300 Palestinian prisoners for possible release, as Israel is offering a potential second phase of exchanges.

The list includes the ages of the prisoners, and the charges on which they are being held – throwing stones and “harming regional security” are among the most common.

Others are listed as detained for supporting illegal terror organizations, illegal weapons charges, incitement, and at least two accusations of attempted murder. Some of the people are listed as being members of Hamas and other Islamic militant groups, but many of the prisoners are not listed as belonging to any organization.

Most of the Palestinian prisoners listed as eligible for release are male teenagers aged 16 to 18 – children under the United Nations definition – although a handful are as young as 14. Some 33 are women, according to a CNN count.

This release will constitute a fraction of the Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/22/middleeast/palestinian-prisoners-potential-release-intl-cmd/index.html

• Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The hostages Israel is releasing: 

The Israeli government on Wednesday published a list of 300 Palestinian prisoners for possible release, as Israel is offering a potential second phase of exchanges.

The list includes the ages of the prisoners, and the charges on which they are being held – throwing stones and “harming regional security” are among the most common.

Others are listed as detained for supporting illegal terror organizations, illegal weapons charges, incitement, and at least two accusations of attempted murder. Some of the people are listed as being members of Hamas and other Islamic militant groups, but many of the prisoners are not listed as belonging to any organization.

Most of the Palestinian prisoners listed as eligible for release are male teenagers aged 16 to 18 – children under the United Nations definition – although a handful are as young as 14. Some 33 are women, according to a CNN count.

This release will constitute a fraction of the Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/22/middleeast/palestinian-prisoners-potential-release-intl-cmd/index.html

As of 2019, Arab citizens of Israel composed 21 percent of the country's total population. About 82 percent of the Arab population in Israel are Sunni Muslims, a very small minority are Shia Muslims, another 9 percent are Druze, and around 9 percent are Christian

“harming regional security” is similar to "assaulting a cop" here.

Why does hamas use kids and women to carry out crimes in Israel?

7 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

As of 2019, Arab citizens of Israel composed 21 percent of the country's total population. About 82 percent of the Arab population in Israel are Sunni Muslims, a very small minority are Shia Muslims, another 9 percent are Druze, and around 9 percent are Christian

“harming regional security” is similar to "assaulting a cop" here.

Why does hamas use kids and women to carry out crimes in Israel?

The 1950 Law of Return, for example, grants all Jews, as well as their children, grandchildren, and spouses, the right to move to Israel and automatically gain citizenship. Non-Jews do not have these rights. Palestinians and their descendants have no legal right to return to the lands their families held before being displaced in 1948 or 1967.

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The 1950 Law of Return, for example, grants all Jews, as well as their children, grandchildren, and spouses, the right to move to Israel and automatically gain citizenship. Non-Jews do not have these rights. Palestinians and their descendants have no legal right to return to the lands their families held before being displaced in 1948 or 1967.

Yes. Israel has very tight immigration.  10/7 is a good reference for why.  

from the river to the sea involves the state of Israel not existing.

I got a feeling if I went back to my relative's estate in Sicily (grandma came over in 1928), I couldn't just claim it as mine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1