TNF - Lions @ Packers

T&C

36 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Terrible sequence by the lions. 

wont matter but incomplete, run out of bounds and a sack while running out the clock is criminal 

The 2nd down run wasn't out of bounds.  Packers used a timeout.  Goff at least had the recognition on 3rd down to take a sack if the throw wasn't there.

• Simon unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Another wonderful offense where running the ball is paramount.

Dan Campbell has done a great job with this team.

When he gave his first press conference and was talking about biting kneecaps I had him pegged as Rex Ryan 2.0 but he has proven me wrong.  I am rooting for this Lions team on the side

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what's up ref

it was clear as day. I was so pissed when this happened because clearly everyone in the world including the Detroit lions D saw the clock run out and were caught off guard when the play still happened. Referees are so garbage and like Mike Florio stated until we get them paid full time and hold them accountable for their mistakes there will be no changes. NFL needs to rectify this immediately 

• Agree 1

This was possibly the worst-officiated game I've ever seen.  The most blatant mistake of course was letting the extra play go on after the third quarter expired.  That could have led to a Packers TD and put the game into question.  There were two calls against the Lions where even the TV referee consultant said were wrong, and they led to a Packers TD.  It's a good thing the Lions were so much better than the Packers, that a complete travesty didn't take place.

4 hours ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Really happy the Lions are good for the first time in forever...

They deserve it...they have suffered as much as we have or maybe even more. One playoff win in like 70 years??

My Lifelong Obsession With the Worst Team in the NFL - The Atlantic  (Tim Alberta author)

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/09/detroit-lions-nfl-football-fan-defeat/675220/

Worth a read.  So much of his experience mirrors mine as a Bills fan.  The Bills just got good a few years before the Lions managed it, otherwise the similarities would be uncanny.

Here's the beginning:

Even now i can still see him, the man in gold and white, streaking down the sideline all alone.

And then the ball was in the air. It hung up there for what felt like my entire childhood, spiraling in slow motion, traveling 50 yards in total. I remember gasping. Just a few minutes earlier, my favorite team—my first true love—the Detroit Lions, had taken a three-point lead over the hated Green Bay Packers. It was the first round of the 1993 NFC playoffs, and it was my first time at a Lions game. The sound of the 80,000 souls crammed into the Pontiac Silverdome—a glorified warehouse in the blue-collar suburbs of Detroit—was deafening, a roar of humanity unlike anything I’d ever heard, the decibel level shaking the cement beneath our bleacher seats. But now, with less than one minute remaining, as the football dropped into the hands of Sterling Sharpe, the man in gold and white, there was silence. The Packers’ unproven young quarterback, Brett Favre, had just made the most spectacular touchdown throw of his career and eliminated the Lions from the playoffs.

I was inconsolable.

The Lions had been the better team; even a kid could see that. We’d outgained the Packers, out-converted them, outplayed them. But we’d lost anyway—in dramatic, dream-shattering fashion. It was too much for my 7-year-old emotions to process. So, I wept. First in the stands as time expired, then in the swarming, beer-soaked concourse as my family searched for the exit, and for the entire hour-long car ride home. Finally, as we pulled into our driveway, my dad spun the radio knob leftward, turning down the postmortem show. “It’s just a game,” he said, smiling gently. “We’ll win the next one.”

It was the only lie my dad ever told me.

Edited by Utah John

5 hours ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Really happy the Lions are good for the first time in forever...

They deserve it...they have suffered as much as we have or maybe even more. One playoff win in like 70 years??

If things go the right way for Detroit, they could have a legitimate crack at the NFC Championship game.  They have solid trenches on both sides, good Skill positions,

solid secondary and LBs.  If Philly and SF get banged up more than Detroit, ya never know.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.