Talk About Bouncing Back - Week 2 Review

KingBoots8

Great day for the TBD whipping boys. Bernard looked like a NFL player. Showed some nice instincts against the run. Dare I say better than any Edmunds game vs the run. 

Then there is Davis. He was great today.  He made two amazing catches up and away from his body. Made the easier ones too. He might not be 100% on targets but the ball Allen threw back across the field had chance to be caught.

Cook went over 100 and poundedthe rock while showing elite speedtpthe corner.

Dorsey designed a great game plan to attack Vegas who played 2 deep safety almost the entire game.

OL held up well.Thought pass blocking was very good. They got to Josh a couple times on blitzes but otherwise the OL was solid. Dawkins looked especially good today.

Hell even Epenesa made a play.

Lastly, how about my boy Allen? He took a lot of flack on this board last week and justifiably so. He came back this week and played nearly flawlessly.

Six more to go to get to 7-1.‐

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Great day for the TBD whipping boys. Bernard looked like a NFL player. Showed some nice instincts against the run. Dare I say better than any Edmunds game vs the run. 

Then there is Davis. He was great today.  He made two amazing catches up and away from his body. Made the easier ones too. He might not be 100% on targets but the ball Allen threw back across the field had chance to be caught.

Cook went over 100 and poundedthe rock while showing elite speedtpthe corner.

Daboll designed a great game plan to attack Vegas who played 2 deep safety almost the entire game.

OL held up well.Thought pass blocking was very good. They got to Josh a couple times on blitzes but otherwise the OL was solid. Dawkins looked especially good today.

Hell even Epenesa made a play.

Lastly, how about my boy Allen? He took a lot of flack on this board last week and justifiably so. He came back this week and played nearly flawlessly.

Six more to go to get to 7-1.‐

Nice of Daboll to help us out but man, he should have worked on his own gameplan instead 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

One of the better overall performances by the OL. Their play will be huge if they can play like that consistently.

Running game strong, Josh took what the D gave him and protected the ball. Nice to see multiple receivers involved and making plays.

D dominant against the run. Pass D still needs to be better. Forced 3 turnovers! Zero sacks by the D.

Still major room for improvement w playcalling by Dorsey when they are in first and goal. 

Nice team win, now let’s go beat Washington!

BTW, Chargers and Bengals both 0-2.

...and KC just got by Jacksonville.

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

The bottom line here is Josh Allen was patient today some may call a conservative I call it smart. He made the throws then he needed to make he took what the defense gave him we got the Run game going and the defense was completely off balance all day.

In my opinion today is a textbook example of how to play solid offense.

For the reminder of the season opposing Ds will have to game plan for JA to play like this. That’s great. He can and will. The threat of him going deep or running for a big gain are always there as well. Throw in a competent running game and there’s a recipe for a title. 

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Our D line changed their offense.  9 rushes -2 yard for jacobs.   

good game plan McD

Yeah, if you just looked at the box score, the Raiders had 55 yards on 15 Carrie’s, just under 4 yards per carry, but most of that was from Zamir White, who was running on their last possession when the Bills defense was expecting them to pass.

• Like (+1) 1

A team is more dangerous with Balance than a team with just high passing yards.

I discussed this off season that I wanted to see closer to 60/40 in pass/Rush  37 Pass/ 35 rushing.. damn near 50/50 yes? I DARE to say this kind of balance makes one of the most dangerous teams in the NFL IF... we can keep this up. IF by end of season tis finishes at 70% pass 30% rush with our running back the best rusher? I will argue we will be the hardest to play against in the league.  I got trampled on for saying this..

You want to play 2 deep zone against us? THANKYOU.. we will just rush it down your throat... You want to throw more in the box? Our WR's and TE's will say THANK YOU!

I also got argue that Passing the ball as much as we did to Diggs Shortens the field. I got slammed for this also. You throw to who is OPEN.. If you think Diggs is god and open every play then good for you. Today was the Gabe Davis show. Next week it might be the Dalton Kincaid Show (god I hope so)  Good QB's take advantage of their best weapon... JA to Diggs.. Mahomes to Kelse.. But I will argue, look at how much Mahomes is struggling this year even with Kelse back. 

You throw to the easy open player.... Who ever that is, gets the best stats of the day... That makes you more dangerous.  We put the NFL on notice... they got lots of tape on us to try and figure us out... 

Doom and gloom to... Holy ****** this team is doing things.. Welcome to Sports Message Boards.

8 hours ago, Lfod said:

Way to early for a review. 

never to early for a troll though

giphy.gif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.