Raiders @ Bills - 2ND HALF GAME THREAD

Simon

• Simon locked and pinned this topic
  • Simon unlocked this topic

That is the Allen I want to see game in and game out.  Sure.....would I like him to avoid taking those hits?  Of course.  But it's just who he is and I am not sure that will ever change.

But the rest of it was exactly what I've been asking him to do.  Defenses want to play him deep?  Fine......I want Allen taking the free stuff all day.  Notice as soon as he was 9-9, 10-10, 11-11, etc, the Raiders started getting antsy themselves.  They jumped early and Allen killed them down the field on a free play.  Then, a couple plays later, he got Diggs 1 on 1 down the field and drew a flag.  And not only that, it is opening holed in the run game and a bunch of guys are contributing because he's spreading the ball around.  I still think Kincaid has to be more involved, but that will come. 

Getting Allen under center and utilizing play action is huge as well.  He's so much more efficient.  Hoping to see a repeat of the first half in the second.  Just because we're up, I don't want to see him starting to push the ball.  You're on pace for 300+ yards of total offense and 4 TDs doing what you did in the first half.  As long as Allen realizes he doesn't need to do more than that, he will be fine.  Keep on keepin' on in the 2nd half here and watch where you end up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Wow, Harty knows how to move forward? This could be big...

Think that was his first touch out of like 15 that went for more than a yard lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.