Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

16 hours ago, stevewin said:

This whole thing is different, but brings back memories of what happened a couple years ago with the Carolina Hurricanes "girl reporter".   She was local, went to NC State, started as the in-arena host for promos and stuff, then worked her way up to pre/post game host.  She was universally looooooved - people were already preparing for the day she would be lost to national coverage.  Then it came out she had an affair with one of the (married) players (was enaged to one of the NC State assistant football coaches at the time) - and just like that her career was over.  I understand different circumstances but crazy how sometimes things can turn in a blink of an eye.  

Despicable! Whats her name so I dont look her up by accident

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

get rid of McD over Maddy.  McD totally had no clue what was going on with Diggs at the beginning of the season, not to mention all the other McD issues.  

Diggs tweets do not display anything wrong with Maddy, he was minorly upset but not that upset.  

HOLY HOT TAKE! LOL

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Is this a "mad" pun like shes mad? or is he chiming in like she sucks? 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

She seems to be a pretty privileged and entitled young woman. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives off a certain vibe with the players off camera that they might not appreciate.

Her ego was evident from the get go, particularly when interviewing players.

Surely they sensed it and to their credit overlooked it. 

She was quite comfortable skewering Diggs without any apparent prompting.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm not sure how it all works but I think if we get this thread to 50 pages the Bills will sign Maddy Glab. 

Can she play MLB ? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, zow2 said:

"he'll look at my face and say F-U, that's how he treats everybody"..  I mean, I don't have anything against Maddy Glab, but that's the kind of thing you say over a plate of wings in a bar while talking to a friend.  You can't risk saying that in the media room.  There are hot mics all over the place in media settings as many broadcasters have found out over the years..

So anyway, if what she said there is an embellished lie, then I think she will no longer be involved on the Bills media team.  And from Diggs' reaction, it seems like he never approached her in that way.

I’ve never really been a fan of Maddie’s work, but people are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. 

First off, she never knew she was being recorded and second what she says was hyperbole.  

It was an exaggerated joke almost in a self-deprecating way, like she is not big enough for a superstar to listen to her request. 

Tim Graham was spot on here…Stef should have just let this die.  Instead commenting on this situation directly just drew more attention to it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Her ego was evident from the get go, particularly when interviewing players.

Surely they sensed it and to their credit overlooked it. 

She was quite comfortable skewering Diggs without any apparent prompting.

Hmm so you think Maddy who works for the Bills has fun jerking Diggs around? Seriously? She’s like one of the lowest level employees. Little Dirty tells you exactly what the truth is. It’s egg shells with the diva WR.  She was either joking or telling the truth. She’s telling the truth. Obviously a mistake on her part to be on hot mic. 
He throws the ball to kids so therefore he’s cool with the team media?  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Check out Maddy's IG. She seems to be a pretty privileged and entitled young woman. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives off a certain vibe with the players off camera that they might not appreciate. And while the first part of her hot mic statement clearly seemed to be a joke in response to what came before it, she crossed the line by saying Diggs "treats everyone that way."  Diggs has a right to be pissed, but for the sake of reducing drama and unneeded distractions, I wish he would have taken the adult route and addressed it with her face-to-face. It would have been easy enough to say, "Maddy, I heard what you said, and I didn't appreciate it.  I try to treat people with respect, and I don't believe I've ever treated you this way."  They could have had a conversation and both come out of it better for it.  Then again, Glab is an idiot both for saying what she did and then for apologizing immediately on Twitter.  Always do these things in person, not over some stupid social media platform that makes it look like you're just trying to save face with the public.  Public retractions never work out for these folks in the end.  It just forever memorializes their misdeeds.  If work needs to be done, do it in private.

Why is she privileged??? Because she has a career ? She’s white ? A certain vibe? The Bills control every aspect of her reporting. Her job is to do puff pieces on the players. Diggs apparently is a huge pain in the ass. Despite his so offended post. He could have buried this immediately. And he chose to make it worse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I’ve never really been a fan of Maddie’s work, but people are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. 

First off, she never knew she was being recorded and second what she says was hyperbole.  

It was an exaggerated joke almost in a self-deprecating way, like she is not big enough for a superstar to listen to her request. 

Tim Graham was spot on here…Stef should have just let this die.  Instead commenting on this situation directly just drew more attention to it

Tim Graham? That fool would be so butt hurt and make a huge stink if Diggs was caught saying something about it him. 

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not sure, though she strikes me as having more of a WR skill set.

Probably in the slot…,

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

According to everything he's posted:

Stef should let it go, yet he's been using it as nonstop Twitter content for 2 days.

Timmy says He's perfectly fine to say what he wants about it even though it doesn't involve him in the least, but the person the joke was aimed at should have been silent. What a self entitled hypocrite. 

Sorry, but Stef has been trying to fix his narrative for what seem like years. If there is even a CHANCE that people will get the opinion he's not a pleasant person or he's rude or obnoxious he has every damn right to speak out on his own behalf. Her comment was public. Accidentally public or not. He has the right to defend himself in the same space. 

5 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Huge lost oppty for TE joke

My choice still fit the same genre.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

But Diggs is a professional football player.  His job is beating man coverage and finding soft spots in zones.  He's responding to Glab on social media with the same off-the-cuff attitude that most average people would have.

Tim Graham is also drawing attention to this issue and refusing to let it die by posting about it.  And unlike Diggs, Tim Graham knows exactly what he's doing.  It is literally his job to understand the media landscape and choose what's newsworthy and what isn't.  By covering this, he's making sure that it stays front and center.  This is why people hate journalists.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.