Terry Pegula is ALLEGED to have said something very foul in the Jim Trotter lawsuit against the NFL

Roundybout

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I was simply responding to your post prior to mine, wherein you said,  “Trotter isn't really publicly declaring this.  It's buried in a suit…” To which I responded there is no such thing as burying something in a public filing where names this prominent are featured. 

Fair enough.  

The point also could be made that he didn't speak publicly when he first heard this indirectly about Pegula and directly from Jones.  He gave the NFL a chance to do something about it.  What they did was refuse to renew his contract.

52 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

And you would be wrong in Terry’s case. 

He started his company from scratch on the back of a $7,500.00 loan. Hardly the stuff of silver spoons and Vanderbilt type legacies…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Pegula

Perhaps I heard incorrectly, but a number of years ago I read that his parents owned the land that he developed.  It's easy to get a loan to develop something concrete.  

Try starting a business with no collateral and needing loans.  HINT:  Good Luck  

That may be incorrect, but that's what I read somewhere.  

It's not all that important.  Point is that many wealthy people started with mom & dad's money or assets.  

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Fair enough.  

The point also could be made that he didn't speak publicly when he first heard this indirectly about Pegula and directly from Jones.  He gave the NFL a chance to do something about it.  What they did was refuse to renew his contract.

Yes that could be true as well.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Just from what I publicly know about Terry Pegula over the past 12 or so years... I cannot picture him saying something like that.  I remember him even putting out a statement going against Donald trump and getting behind Lesean McCoy.  The Bills allowed the players to do as they wanted during that whole thing.  

Maybe below the surface he could be slightly prejudiced.  Most white men that age seem to be susceptible to that (boomers)

“Most white men that age seem to be susceptible to that (boomers)”

SMFH think much.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

But you realize it won’t be the government asked to decide on the accuracy of those statements, right? It will be a 6-12 person civil jury made up of people like you and me…I would hope they are in fact bound by those presumptions, otherwise they don’t even need to hear any evidence (which in turn must pass basic rules of reliability/admissibility) first? Of course you’re entitled to your opinions, but I’m just asking the board at large to consider that what happens in the court of public opinion often turns out to be premature and just flat wrong after legal process has wrapped. 

Having served on a jury a couple years ago, I would be very concerned to have my future determined by a group of “my peers”.   In jury deliberations, discussing the believability of a young female witness, a fellow juror actually said this:

”I raised 2 daughters and I could tell if they were lying or not.  They wouldn’t lie to me anyways. “

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.