Anyone talking about our run D?

Skyline Chili

2 minutes ago, Skyline Chili said:

If so, please merge.  Rodgers was out of the game, Wilson no threat, and they seemed to run effectively.  Why?

Inexperience at MLB, aging safeties who take bad angles at times, maybe bad gap integrity.  It's been an issue and is likely not going to get better anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

At one point Hall was 2 rushes for 109 yards, so I think it should be a major concern  for your team.

Yeah after he broke 1 run for 83 yards, was run down, and got..... 3 points.

More concerned with our headcase under center.  Breece Hall is a great young player, but he ain't the difference between winning it all and not.  He's a good fantasy guy.

Just now, FireChans said:

Yeah after he broke 1 run for 83 yards, was run down, and got..... 3 points.

More concerned with our headcase under center.  Breece Hall is a great young player, but he ain't the difference between winning it all and not.  He's a good fantasy guy.

Ok, I give you that, but it was his second rush of the game, he gassed out and didn't score. The Jets should have scored a TD, but the fact that he was able to break that run off tells you a lot about your defense. I'm not talking *****, just stating facts. If he didn't break that run off we wouldn't even have scored 3 points. So yes, the run defense Is an issue foe your defense 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bleedingreennc said:

Ok, I give you that, but it was his second rush of the game, he gassed out and didn't score. The Jets should have scored a TD, but the fact that he was able to break that run off tells you a lot about your defense. I'm not talking *****, just stating facts. If he didn't break that run off we wouldn't even have scored 3 points. So yes, the run defense Is an issue foe your defense 

Is our run defense great? No.  Is a great run defense necessary to win a Superbowl, particularly through a gauntlet of great QB's in the AFC?  Also no.

Just now, FireChans said:

Is our run defense great? No.  Is a great run defense necessary to win a Superbowl, particularly through a gauntlet of great QB's in the AFC?  Also no.

A great run defense isn't needed to win a SB? I would figure a team facing Zach Wilson would be able to stop the run considering that dude can't pass worth *****. I would be stacking the line against him. So yes, a great run defense is necessary to win a SB. It forces the other team to throw more and make more mistakes.

2 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

A great run defense isn't needed to win a SB? I would figure a team facing Zach Wilson would be able to stop the run considering that dude can't pass worth *****. I would be stacking the line against him. So yes, a great run defense is necessary to win a SB. It forces the other team to throw more and make more mistakes.

No it's not. Chiefs were 15th in Y/A allowed rushing last year.

Passing and stopping the pass rules the NFL. This is why your team traded a bunch of picks for Rodgers. And it's why Dalvin Cook was picked up for pennies.

This is obvious stuff.

Edited by FireChans

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.