Buffalo Bills projected to be #2 in 2023 DVOA

Slippery Rubber Mats

https://www.ftnfantasy.com/articles/FTN/103626/2023-dvoa-projections

Dallas, which had the highest mean win projection in the FTN Football Almanac, has also now passed Buffalo to have the highest DVOA projection for the regular season. (If you're worried about what the Cowboys have done in the playoffs the last two years, remember, these projections are for the regular season only.) However, there's a very clear gap between the two conferences. You'll notice on the table below that 8 of the top 11 teams in projected DVOA come from the AFC. There are going to be some very good AFC teams missing the playoffs this year, with inferior NFC teams making it to the postseason instead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Cardinals and Texans have the highest odds of finishing with the worst record.  The Cardinals have both teams first round pick next year.  They may get Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr..  That should be illegal.  WTF were the Texans thinking in trading up for Will Anderson?

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Can we just get the season started and put the stench of that Bengals game behind us.

That will go away only when the Bills beat the Bengals in November!

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

If Dak shows up , they're a really tough team 

Dak has always showed up.  It is the team around him that has failed him at critical times.  Somewhat similar to what Allen is going through

7 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Then it says Dallas has the highest chance at the Superbowl at 15 percent to KCs 10% and Buff basically 10%. So I would say they think Dallas is going to get past their playoff futility.

C’mon, we know that if the Bills make it to the Super Bowl, the opponent will be Philadelphia to complete the NFC East set.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The Cardinals and Texans have the highest odds of finishing with the worst record.  The Cardinals have both teams first round pick next year.  They may get Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr..  That should be illegal.  WTF were the Texans thinking in trading up for Will Anderson?

No guarantees that Caleb or Jr. Come out this year and an above average pass rusher is worth more than a WR. See Bruce Smith vs Andre Reed.

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

If Dak shows up , they're a really tough team 

I agree, I was more responding to the OP saying these are really for regular season, but perhaps he is talking about the DVOA statistics themselves and not the Superbowl odds. 

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

C’mon, we know that if the Bills make it to the Super Bowl, the opponent will be Philadelphia to complete the NFC East set.

That'd be a hell of a Superbowl! 🙏

11 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Thanks for posting this.  

So Schatz is on this website now.

Did Football Outsiders shut down when he left?

RIP Football Outsiders.  They were acquired by a gambling company last year and it stopped paying all of the writers and now the site is gone.  Really a shame.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Woah..  the Bruce Smith version of a wr is Jerry Rice or Calvin Johnson, not Andre Reed. 

My point being that an impactful DE/pass rush is worth more than an impactful WR, that's why Arizona made the trade. You mentioned Calvin Johnson, as great as he was he never went far in Detroit, Rice won Super Bowls but those 80s 49er teams were loaded, Charles Haley being a great pass rusher for them and eventually getting Richard Dent etc. 

14 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Thanks for posting this.  

So Schatz is on this website now.

Did Football Outsiders shut down when he left?

Holy crow! 

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

RIP Football Outsiders.  They were acquired by a gambling company last year and it stopped paying all of the writers and now the site is gone.  Really a shame.

Oh, what a drag! Good site.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

My point being that an impactful DE/pass rush is worth more than an impactful WR, that's why Arizona made the trade. You mentioned Calvin Johnson, as great as he was he never went far in Detroit, Rice won Super Bowls but those 80s 49er teams were loaded, Charles Haley being a great pass rusher for them and eventually getting Richard Dent etc. 

and my point is magnitude matters. I’d take Justin Jefferson over Von Miller any day,  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.