Are We Just Wasting Our Time Here on PPP?

Irv

Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time on PPP.  I feel like I have never changed the mind of the Tibs, Billsy, Frank, Hawk/Fergy, Kemp delusionists no matter what I post.  Do you ever get the same feeling?  Why am I here?  Entertainment value?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Irv said:

Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time on PPP.  I feel like I have never changed the mind of the Tibs, Billsy, Frank, Hawk/Fergy, Kemp delusionists no matter what I post.  Do you ever get the same feeling?  Why am I here?  Entertainment value?  

You aren't going to change anyone's mind on here, but maybe you can make people with opposing views think twice. Make sure people aren't spreading false information. 

it's fun to argue, call each other out, mock each other, mock politicians. But yes, we are wasting our time 

Good times man 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Irv said:

You will never change anyone's mind about anything on here.

You won't even make them think twice.

Call out stupid useful idiots and laugh. 

It's all you can do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Irv said:

I always thought you were just here to vent

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

I prefer arguing here partially because sometimes I get obnoxious and I prefer to insult people I don't know compared to my real friends. Also I prefer not to get all my info from the MSM.

Rule number one orlandro treat people how you would treat them if they were in front of your face

I have both agreed and disagreed with people on this board but it’s not one thing I wouldn’t say if they were not there in person

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

You will never change anyone's mind about anything on here.

You won't even make them think twice.

Call out stupid useful idiots and laugh. 

It's all you can do.

I always thought that you posted most of your stuff while you were looking in the mirror

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Appreciate this thread.  I've been thinking a lot about this.  I like the ability to "speak" unfiltered.  But what is accomplished?  Nothing. But there have been very successful TV series about nothing.  Not sure that's a glowing endorsement.  Then there's this

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Rule number one orlandro treat people how you would treat them if they were in front of your face

I have both agreed and disagreed with people on this board but it’s not one thing I wouldn’t say if they were not there in person

I always thought that you posted most of your stuff while you were looking in the mirror

I actually really like your post.  I do come to vent.  I'm really frustrated.  I like your point about calling names although I don't always practice what I preach.  Good post!  

• Like (+1) 2

You would think after a certain amount of time enough people who went all in on what has been repeatedly exposed as lies would think twice. Soften allegiance. Not go back to the same wells to drink.

If anything the people who do just simply stop posting. Everyone else just goes on as if nothing happened.

I no longer see how rational descussion can be had so i stopped trying mostly. I just browse and see the same threads getting more pages with the same people repeating the same type of rhetoric. There will never be a "good point" or "i was wrong" or " i never considered that". Just tribes at war same as in all human history...  i guess its good to vent without all the atrocities.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I'm watching the Bills 1st quarter against the bears.  Good stuff!  4th in the AFCE east.  Nope.  Maybe 2nd but Aaron Rodgers is a D#ick.

OK - I don't internet dislike you anymore.  Scratching my head why they kept Hamlin.  Hmmmm.  GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Ok,L Ron.  Ya think he made a possible SB team for sympathy?  The window is closing.  they pick the best.  Who was better at corner that got cut?

He’s a back up safety as far as back up safeties goes he’s upper half of the league

Let’s be honest, they’re gonna be relying a lot more on Taylor Rapp

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I'd tell you that you're a moron to your face.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Syphilis is the bad one.  Theclap, a close second...crabs third.

I actually got crabs twice. Tijuana.  No good.  That was "what a mess"!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

I actually got crabs twice. Tijuana.  No good.  That was "what a mess"!

It's your thread.   and a good one.  Got it from some girl doing a month  of " Research" at u of F.  From Thiel college of all places.  What a minx but man it was itchy.  Then my roommate got em.  I didn't know if that was  from proximity (not close proximity, mind you) or that he'd slept with another bad girl.  The latter for sure, I think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Now you went and supersized it.  Marriage is pure, this is not.  Shame! 

You got me really confused. Love you bro' and all these guys on PPP.  We might not agree.  But we are all Americans.  God Bless You!!!

It would be really nice to have a great discussion here about homosexually and gay marriage.  Very much like your input.  I have two homosexual relatives.  They are really nice people. Let's talk

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

I learned at least ten years ago here, that trying to deliberately change someone's mind here was a fool's errand.

So I post political articles and cartoons for informative purposes, that I know the majority of you would never see otherwise.

The smart people look at them, the others do not.

I am happy either way.

• Like (+1) 5

42 minutes ago, Irv said:

You got me really confused. Love you bro' and all these guys on PPP.  We might not agree.  But we are all Americans.  God Bless You!!!

It would be really nice to have a great discussion here about homosexually and gay marriage.  Very much like your input.  I have two homosexual relatives.  They are really nice people. Let's talk

N neutral subject.  I burst out into "take me out to the ballgame" sitting on the porch tonight.  Wife says "were the people that make crackerjacks involved in that"  IO said "No idea" but what a great tradition the 7th inning stretch is...

8 hours ago, Irv said:

People are people, love is love and marriage is about two people committing to one and other for life, or until a person cannot stand to hear one more minute of the other’s yammering.

Your relatives sound nice.  Lead with that. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Irv said:

I'm going to convert you! Bank on it! 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Irv said:

I actually really like your post.  I do come to vent.  I'm really frustrated.  I like your point about calling names although I don't always practice what I preach.  Good post!  

Let me guess…You obviously have enough time to plug yourself in to a daily steady stream of vitriol that tells you to be angry …so you have to come here to “vent”….

Doctor….it hurts when I hit myself in the head with this stick

what a mess

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3