Bills lose Anderson, Austin and Broeker to claims.

BuffaloBillyG

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

To be honest Scott, I really don't care about all this bottom of the roster musical chairs teams play. Most of these guys are never going to amount to anything in this league which is why they are cut/claimed/etc.

But I see a lot of Bills podcasters and media figures chest thumping over the fact 4 guys were claimed by other teams as if it actually means something. But kudos to this organization for another hollow accomplishment I guess and I'm sure KC and other serious contenders could care less as well about how much of their scraps ended up elsewhere.

It's not chest-thumping when it's a statement of fact. It means that others are recognizing the Bills depth and quality of the organization.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

It's not chest-thumping when it's a statement of fact. It means that others are recognizing the Bills depth and quality of the organization.

I don’t understand the tweet. The Jets were 7-10 last season, so having the most players poached didn’t mean they had a great roster. Maybe their scrubs were better than those on some other teams I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2023 at 12:48 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

Have to pack this away fro next draft season when Beane uses mid-late picks to get up and get guys he targeted. I'm fine with his strategy. That's two more draft picks who didn't make the team. 

Agreed with trading the late picks.  If the team is hard to make, trade up and get studs that can start and make an impact if you have the depth.  

Surprised we waived Broeker given that he played well, and our lack of OL depth.  The other 2 don't surprise me given our depth there.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2023 at 11:48 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Have to pack this away fro next draft season when Beane uses mid-late picks to get up and get guys he targeted. I'm fine with his strategy. That's two more draft picks who didn't make the team. 

I have said that for 2 years now. The roster doesn't need 5th-7th round picks. use them to trade up in to the 3rd or 4th and add more quality, not quantity. 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, vincec said:

I don’t understand the tweet. The Jets were 7-10 last season, so having the most players poached didn’t mean they had a great roster. Maybe their scrubs were better than those on some other teams I guess.

QB is the most important position. QB was the Jets' issue last year. The rest of their roster is ridiculously talented. This shouldnt be news to anyone following the division.

On 8/30/2023 at 12:11 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Still a bit misleading because Texans are widely considered to be among the worst teams in the league again this year record wise and up there with Cardinals jockeying for #1 overall pick in next year draft. So taking a flying on 2 of our 7th round guys is great on the surface but doesn't mean we are best roster in NFL.

The Bills have the most claimed since 2018, I believe. So, the Bills are consistently a team that other teams are claiming players from.

On 8/31/2023 at 1:44 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills lead the league in players claimed. Interesting.

Yup. Believe I saw over the past five years in total, they're number one.

16 hours ago, DCofNC said:

The Dolphins have talent at the top end of the roster, where it matters.  The Bills are deep, as in, all of their guys look the same.

Right. That's why the Bills were 13-3. All of their guys look the same.

You're totally seeming to make sense here as long as nobody pays actual attention.

Edited by Thurman#1

5 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Didn't study his play but I heard that Anderson had some upside. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The Bills had 2 Anderson's on the team.

Alec Anderson OL is on the Bills 53 roster.  He has upside.

Bills waived Zayne Anderson S who was claimed.

Not sure if that helps.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Bills had 2 Anderson's on the team.

Alec Anderson OL is on the Bills 53 roster.  He has upside.

Bills waived Zayne Anderson S who was claimed.

Not sure if that helps.

Ah yes, my bad! I did mean Alec. Glad he's still with us. Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2023 at 12:52 PM, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am amazed that no one claimed Malik Cunningham.  

Beane will play the long game on Austin and Broker.  He will get them both back at some point.  

Yea  his plan worked on getting them some additional reps and playing time, has to be with another team since we be busy getting to the SB no time for reps for developmental purposes.

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

QB is the most important position. QB was the Jets' issue last year. The rest of their roster is ridiculously talented. This shouldnt be news to anyone following the division.

Exactly. So having a deep roster doesn't mean bupkis compared to having a good QB, and therefore who cares how many players the Jets, the Bills or the 49ers got poached? It doesn't really equate to wins.

Edited by vincec

On 8/30/2023 at 9:45 AM, SCBills said:

At this point, just use 7th Round picks as minor trade pieces or to draft a punter.

What’s wrong with the punter we have

On 8/30/2023 at 10:11 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Still a bit misleading because Texans are widely considered to be among the worst teams in the league again this year record wise and up there with Cardinals jockeying for #1 overall pick in next year draft. So taking a flying on 2 of our 7th round guys is great on the surface but doesn't mean we are best roster in NFL.

Do you really take the cake on dip ***** posts

It’s not misleading at all because they could’ve taken players from other teams roster cuts, but they chose to take them from the bills

Edited by John from Riverside

On 8/30/2023 at 12:58 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Food for thought for next year. 

Also, shocking that only 24 players claimed...and Buffalo's cuts equalled 1/8th of that. Deep roster.

Well yeah, but the 2.82% of players claimed are the fringe favorites.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.