MLB - When, Who, How, and Why Not

ngbills

It’s hard to understand the lack of action bringing in an MLB. We have brought in random RB and OL just to make a few. We clearly have lack of talent and depth at MLB but what has this team done? Are we waiting for cuts? Some believe the starting MLB is not even on this roster right now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

It’s hard to understand the lack of action bringing in an MLB. We have brought in random RB and OL just to make a few. We clearly have lack of talent and depth at MLB but what has this team done? Are we waiting for cuts? Some believe the starting MLB is not even on this roster right now. 

I’m sorry you don’t like it.  No team is going to pick up guys until cuts to 53 are made.  And as I keep saying Ivthink we’ll see a lot of 1LB/6 DB looks with Milano and Rapp on the field.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m sorry you don’t like it.  No team is going to pick up guys until cuts to 53 are made.  And as I keep saying Ivthink we’ll see a lot of 1LB/6 DB looks with Milano and Rapp on the field.

The bills just signed an RB and OL. That is my point. Not saying I expect a starter to be picked up but they are not even taking a look. We have seen this before. I think on D McD thinks he can make anything work. Until it doesn’t. Last year we saw Klein picked up and starting days later. 

• Vomit 1

I will never understand how you can lose a MLB to free agency that was completely expected then have no clear replacement entering training camp. 

This would be ok on a rebuilding team but not on SB contender

Brandon Beane knew before last season Edmunds was gone..

It appears Matt Milano is moving to MLB 

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

The bills just signed an RB and OL. That is my point. Not saying I expect a starter to be picked up but they are not even taking a look. We have seen this before. I think on D McD thinks he can make anything work. Until it doesn’t. Last year we saw Klein picked up and starting days later. 

Come on.  Klein had experience playing the position with the team.  And you have no idea what they are or are not looking at.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

McBeane feel their evaluation of current LB's has been great and they csn go with what they have.  Unfortunately it is what it is this year.

Or perhaps he has a scheme that he feels will work but he doesn't want to show it in preseason so the Jets can gameplan around it.  I'm still expecting our offense to keep teams off balance and playing catchup. Leaving the defense to not have as much worry on a run game.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Actually, it appears they did take a look at a LBer today. I wonder what other things take place at One Bills Drive that we don't know about?

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I will never understand how you can lose a MLB to free agency that was completely expected then have no clear replacement entering training camp. 

This would be ok on a rebuilding team but not on SB contender

Brandon Beane knew before last season Edmunds was gone..

Hard to say though as we were "linked" to some guys that signed elsewhere.  Now you can't put a lot of stock into all the players we get linked to, most are BS, but just saying that we don't actually know if Beane tried to sign someone or not.  It is possible he looked to bring someone in during FA and it just didn't work out.  

Either way, I expect a MLB and RT to be high on our offseason priorities next season.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Actually, it appears they did take a look at a LBer today. I wonder what other things take place at One Bills Drive that we don't know about?

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Good news. 

At 222 pounds he would be the 5th LBer on the team between 219-225 pounds. They sure love their LBers on the smaller size.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hard to say though as we were "linked" to some guys that signed elsewhere.  Now you can't put a lot of stock into all the players we get linked to, most are BS, but just saying that we don't actually know if Beane tried to sign someone or not.  It is possible he looked to bring someone in during FA and it just didn't work out.  

Either way, I expect a MLB and RT to be high on our offseason priorities next season.  

There is still time but Brandon Beane will need to trade away a few picks and we all know he hates that

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Or perhaps he has a scheme that he feels will work but he doesn't want to show it in preseason so the Jets can gameplan around it.  I'm still expecting our offense to keep teams off balance and playing catchup. Leaving the defense to not have as much worry on a run game.

We can hope.

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Bull. Beane and McD has literally thrown every premium resource at the d…until this year. No way you can say that. How many first rounders are on the defense as opposed to the offense?  I’ll wait…

Tell me about the offense last year. Tell me about how we called brown and Beasley off their couches because we completely messed up WR. Tell me about our lack of oline that nearly got Allen killed.  Don’t give me that sob story about the d. 

Edited by whorlnut
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Bull. Beane and McD has literally thrown every premium resource at the d…until this year. No way you can say that. How many first rounders are on the defense as opposed to the offense?  I’ll wait…

I get what your saying, the d premium picks have been more frequent, but they threw the Vikings a 1st for Diggs, if 2nd rounders count then they spent several for Allen(Still a steal for the player he's become), Kincaid in the first this year, along with Torrence in the 2nd. Also spent a 2nd on Ford, even though most of us wished they hadn't.😂

Beane has only been here for 6 drafts, so it's closer than it appears.

As far as money, Diggs, Dawkins, Allen and soon Knox take up a good chunk of the salary cap by themselves. Again closer than it may appear.

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I get what your saying, the d premium picks have been more frequent, but they threw the Vikings a 1st for Diggs, if 2nd rounders count then they spent several for Allen(Still a steal for the player he's become), Kincaid in the first this year, along with Torrence in the 2nd. Also spent a 2nd on Ford, even though most of us wished they hadn't.😂

Beane has only been here for 6 drafts, so it's closer than it appears.

As far as money, Diggs, Dawkins, Allen and soon Knox take up a good chunk of the salary cap by themselves. Again closer than it may appear.

Fair…but I was responding to the post about how McD thinks he can do more with less. That’s just not true. We have invested a ton on the d. 

• Agree 1

Just now, whorlnut said:

Fair…but I was responding to the post about how McD thinks he can do more with less. That’s just not true. We have invested a ton on the d. 

Oh, that does change the meaning of your post. I got caught not paying attention, damn adhd.😂

I would like to change my post to simply I agree. I would even say they may invest more than 50% as far as  premium picks/money are concerned 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.