If you were the #1 overall draft prospect as a Junior

Royale with Cheese

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If a player choose to play after saying he wasn't going to and draft occurred teams could pick him with supplemental draft where whatever team offered best pick un next year would get right to sign him.

Ah figured there was some thing or this would have happened alot more than it has

What if you forced your way to the Bills & then sucked? If Beane gave up multiple 1st rounders to get you & you were a bust, all of Bills Mafia would hate you for the rest of your days.

You think JP Losman would be welcomed back by the fans?

Edited by 947

You're thinking of this from the mind set of only a die hard fan. 

If you're a player who has played high school and college ball at the level that you'll be drafted, it's different. You're in it. 

You're a football player and your allegiance goes to the team that picks you, pays you, and plays you. No 20 something has ever said "I'll only play for the team I grew up watching and rooting for". They're just kids at that point anyways.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You're thinking of this from the mind set of only a die hard fan. 

If you're a player who has played high school and college ball at the level that you'll be drafted, it's different. You're in it. 

You're a football player and your allegiance goes to the team that picks you, pays you, and plays you. No 20 something has ever said "I'll only play for the team I grew up watching and rooting for". They're just kids at that point anyways.

that brings up a point

how deep of a fan can a teenager even be?  How big of a fan was I at 22.    compared to 32.  or 45.  Just a lot more history.

So yes.  I would be loyal (me at 22) to whatever team was smart enough to pick me.  And prove them right.

I think, at 22, and at that level of fandom that i had or was capable of, I would have thought you were CRAZY to think i would only play for that team in the city where I'm from.    I'd be lookin at you, thinkin "i thought people got smarter when they got older"

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There's zero fandom with pro athletes 

Your favorite team writes the checks 

Alan Shearer famously picked Newcastle (his boyhood club) over Manchester United. While he was no doubt well remunerated at Newcastle it probably cost him a couple of million quid and multiple winners medals over the decade that followed. He has always said he has no regrets but.... man I think I would have. The trophies more than the money. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.