Few things not being talked about concerning this offense.

PrimeTime101

I will just list.

#1. Morse.. He missed his assignment twice and his pff has been on the decline over the last 3 years. He needs to stop blocking thin air...

#2. The is no game planning in preseason. 

#3. We have not seen much of Knox and Kincaid on the field at the same time. I think if this were properly game planned, Knox gets his hands on One of the best 

Ends in the League Watt. IF you think that Brown is going to have one of the best DE in the league alone all game then that is delusional. There are not many Tackles that can take Watt alone period.

#4 Huge over reaction on Brown.. the dude played better then we thought after looking at all 22. I mean? He was left ALONE most of the time against a premier DE.. come on. 

#5 O'Line communication in general was bad at times.

#6 That Illegal block to the block was bs. It was shoulder to shoulder, no hands on the back and the dude at the same time dived towards the RB.  Refs need glasses....

#7 JA twice side stepped when he should have just stepped up into the pocket, making our tackles do an impossible job of having to anchor even more.. that no good. 

#8 Twice cook had 2 amazing blocks right in the middle against LBS. his lower body is better

#9 2nd and 2? bounce inside not outside on that run and just worry about getting the run to a first down... not a "home run"

Penalties.

If anyone should worry about anything right now? Its the Penalties. Undisciplined BS.  IF they going to play like they back in college then treat them that way and start

making them do laps for stupid penalties. This is 100% a reflection on coaching and should worry you the most. 

The good news is? it was just preseason. We tried new things, new formations, for gods sake they had Davis blocking one the inside on a run play lol... that did not work but they

had to try. 

lol

I think we all at first over reacted but when you see the all 22 

Dan explains it the best on early drive

• Like (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

People are to quick the blame a usual suspect when it turns out being something else.

In an old psychological study on race, two pictures were shown: one had two white guys fighting while one of them had a knife, the other picture had a white  guy and black guy fighting with the white guy holding the knife. The observers were asked later, who had the knife? They got the first one right, but the second image was misremembered with the black guy holding the knife.

Edited by Chas56
white for while
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chas56 said:

In an old psychological study on race, two pictures were shown: one had two while guys fighting while one of them had a knife, the other picture had a white  guy and black guy fighting with the white guy holding the knife. The observers were asked later, who had the knife? They got the first one right, but the second image was misremembered with the black guy holding the knife.

mmhm! While id like to keep race out of the forums in general. I get it :D 

5 minutes ago, Chas56 said:

In an old psychological study on race, two pictures were shown: one had two while guys fighting while one of them had a knife, the other picture had a white  guy and black guy fighting with the white guy holding the knife. The observers were asked later, who had the knife? They got the first one right, but the second image was misremembered with the black guy holding the knife.

Confirmation bias.

Or maybe we should slip Spencer Brown a knife when he's going up against a Pro Bowl edge rusher. I'm not sure which one you're getting at.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

mmhm! While id like to keep race out of the forums in general. I get it :D 

I wasn't really going for the race part. It's more a reaction to the idea that people rely a lot on preset ideas about things. This board seems to be anti Spencer Brown, so people see what they expect to see.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chas56 said:

I wasn't really going for the race part. It's more a reaction to the idea that people rely a lot on preset ideas about things. This board seems to be anti Spencer Brown, so people see what they expect to see.

I would still call myself Anti-Spencer. that being said, after all our knee jerk reactions... i like to get down to real film study. camera never lies. 

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I will just list.

#1. Morse.. He missed his assignment twice and his pff has been on the decline over the last 3 years. He needs to stop blocking thin air...

#3. We have not seen much of Knox and Kincaid on the field at the same time. I think if this were properly game planned, Knox gets his hands on One of the best 

Ends in the League Watt. IF you think that Brown is going to have one of the best DE in the league alone all game then that is delusional. There are not many Tackles that can take Watt alone period.

#4 Huge over reaction on Brown.. the dude played better then we thought after looking at all 22. I mean? He was left ALONE most of the time against a premier DE.. come on. 

#6 That Illegal block to the block was bs. It was shoulder to shoulder, no hands on the back and the dude at the same time dived towards the RB.  Refs need glasses....

#7 JA twice side stepped when he should have just stepped up into the pocket, making our tackles do an impossible job of having to anchor even more.. that no good. 

#8 Twice cook had 2 amazing blocks right in the middle against LBS. his lower body is better

#9 2nd and 2? bounce inside not outside on that run and just worry about getting the run to a first down... not a "home run"

Penalties.

If anyone should worry about anything right now? Its the Penalties. Undisciplined BS.  IF they going to play like they back in college then treat them that way and start

making them do laps for stupid penalties. This is 100% a reflection on coaching and should worry you the most. 

The good news is? it was just preseason. We tried new things, new formations, for gods sake they had Davis blocking one the inside on a run play lol... that did not work but they

had to try. 

lol

Dan explains it the best on early drive

This is correct and bills fans have obscenely embarrassed and shat all over themselves the last 48 hours

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I will just list.

Penalties.

had to try. 

lol

There's little reason not to think that our offense will be just fine.  It's the D that's a huge questionmark.  

The good news there is that this isn't the '90s, great Offense can easily overcome average Defense.  

10 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

It’s very rare and I don’t think either team did it Saturday. I have seen a coach with a poor team try to give his players confidence by doing things like that though. A little game planning, running a few plays normally reserved for the regular season, leaving starters in against 2nd stringers, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

There's little reason not to think that our offense will be just fine.  It's the D that's a huge questionmark.  

The good news there is that this isn't the '90s, great Offense can easily overcome average Defense.  

Spot on. The Run for a TD against us? We got caught in cover 1 with a overload on the their right side and they ran left. Poyer took a bad angle.. what can ya say... perfect play call there. They are not just sitting in cover 2 all game long. There is so many things we are hiding right now and I feel Knox and Kincaid on the field at the same time is just the tip of the iceberg.

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Not much talk of WR production. I expected to see more from Harty and Sherfield as #3 and #4 WR's. Saving it for the real Sunday's? Or is this going to be an issue. 

answered your own question lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Not much talk of WR production. I expected to see more from Harty and Sherfield as #3 and #4 WR's. Saving it for the real Sunday's? Or is this going to be an issue. 

Sherfield  made a great catch in traffic

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

On Spencer brown- on his holding penalty, he got absolutely abused by a backup DE.

1-2 negative plays is all it takes for a tackle to have a bad game, and Brown seemed to have 1-2 bad plays in the first quarter alone.

That was his one bad play.  This post is an example of confirmation bias.

It would seem Brown will replace Edmunds as the whipping boy this year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.