Few things not being talked about concerning this offense.

PrimeTime101

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

You know where you find tackles who make no mistakes per quarter?  Canton OH.  You're being ridiculous.

Lol ok so let’s average it out.

1 hold/sack a quarter.

Let’s say he lets up a combination of 3 sacks/holds for a game.

Is that considered a good game for you?

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Lol ok so let’s average it out.

1 hold/sack a quarter.

Let’s say he lets up a combination of 3 sacks/holds for a game.

Is that considered a good game for you?

You are doing everything in your power, coming up with any theoretical you can, to bash this guy while completely ignoring that he did a good job on one of the best pass rushers in the league in Watt.  Just have the stones to admit you’ve decided this is your whipping boy this year no matter what he does.  My last response to you.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

You are doing everything in your power, coming up with any theoretical you can, to bash this guy while completely ignoring that he did a good job on one of the best pass rushers in the league in Watt.  Just have the stones to admit you’ve decided this is your whipping boy this year no matter what he does.  My last response to you.

I was asking you a legit question.

That’s what makes playing tackle so damn hard. You can’t play “good” and have 2-4 bad mistakes a game. Which is exactly my point 

Thats how you lose games and that’s how you get your QB killed. (See last year how Josh injured his elbow against the jets)

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I will just list.

#1. Morse.. He missed his assignment twice and his pff has been on the decline over the last 3 years. He needs to stop blocking thin air...

#2. The is no game planning in preseason. 

#3. We have not seen much of Knox and Kincaid on the field at the same time. I think if this were properly game planned, Knox gets his hands on One of the best 

Ends in the League Watt. IF you think that Brown is going to have one of the best DE in the league alone all game then that is delusional. There are not many Tackles that can take Watt alone period.

#4 Huge over reaction on Brown.. the dude played better then we thought after looking at all 22. I mean? He was left ALONE most of the time against a premier DE.. come on. 

#5 O'Line communication in general was bad at times.

#6 That Illegal block to the block was bs. It was shoulder to shoulder, no hands on the back and the dude at the same time dived towards the RB.  Refs need glasses....

#7 JA twice side stepped when he should have just stepped up into the pocket, making our tackles do an impossible job of having to anchor even more.. that no good. 

#8 Twice cook had 2 amazing blocks right in the middle against LBS. his lower body is better

#9 2nd and 2? bounce inside not outside on that run and just worry about getting the run to a first down... not a "home run"

Penalties.

If anyone should worry about anything right now? Its the Penalties. Undisciplined BS.  IF they going to play like they back in college then treat them that way and start

making them do laps for stupid penalties. This is 100% a reflection on coaching and should worry you the most. 

The good news is? it was just preseason. We tried new things, new formations, for gods sake they had Davis blocking one the inside on a run play lol... that did not work but they

had to try. 

lol

I think we all at first over reacted but when you see the all 22 

Dan explains it the best on early drive

#4. What’s this “we” stuff about? You’re grouping all of us into the negative Nancy crowd. I guess that’s who this thread is for? Bravo to you for letting that group know how much they overreact and are wrong. 

#7. A Josh Allen critique!?!? WTF!?! 
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I read that. Again, bravo to you for letting that same group know Josh is not immune to mistakes AND you shouldn’t look for excuses for him. That’s a common theme here. Bravo! 👏 

9 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Held up well against an All Pro in Watts.  But God forbid you mention that.

Focusing on one play and ignoring everything else from the game is pretty much the definition of confirmation bias.

Thank you. That’s what this particular group does. A lot. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

As a tackle you can’t have one bad mistake a quarter. That’s my point. It’s not confirmation bias

He didn’t play the whole game. Where’s this once a qt coming if he didn’t play the whole game!?!

Sorry, but it reads as confirmation bias .  At least let him play a full 4 qts before saying one bad mistake a qt. 

11 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Thank you. That’s what this particular group does. A lot. 

He didn’t play the whole game. Where’s this once a qt coming if he didn’t play the whole game!?!

Sorry, but it reads as confirmation bias .  At least let him play a full 4 qts before saying one bad mistake a qt. 

Read my posts again.

25 minutes ago, Dopey said:

#4. What’s this “we” stuff about? You’re grouping all of us into the negative Nancy crowd. I guess that’s who this thread is for? Bravo to you for letting that group know how much they overreact and are wrong.

The point about Spencer Brown is a fair one. I appreciate the folks who watch the tape closely and report on what really happened.

But before joining the Spencer Brown Fan Club, I will note that he has been consistently ... what's the word I'm searching for? ... oh, I know ... awful.  Ever since taking over at RT in his rookie year. So any new confidence in him is based on the hope that he will be better this year because (1) he isn't playing hurt; (2) he's now more experienced; and/or (3) he'll be playing next to a more competent RG. As a realist, I will hope for modest, incremental improvement. Kind of "below league average, but no longer a huge liability."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I haven't seen anyone else mention this so maybe I'm off here but....L. Murray looked slow.  No burst at all.  Cook really didn't impress.  I foresee another season of ineffective running.   

Murray's upright running style makes him an easy tackle, he isn't going to shake off a tackle but if he gets downhill lookout. We also haven't had a chance to see what Damien Harris can do with him being out with injury. I'm not worried about the offense yet the defense a bit concerning granted not seen Daquan Jones out there much and to me he the 2nd best Dlineman we have behind Miller. Also think we haven't seen Floyd regularly as we try and sort through backups. Pittsburgh got a jump on us yet as the game progressed I felt we were the better team. 

13 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I know. But when has Spencer brown ever shown consistency in his career?

Yes one bad play in a quarter against a backup. 

He doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt.

I am not automatically going to write him off, but he’s a major concern at a premium position as of now 

The thing is that everyone is melting down and braying about how awful brown was saturday, only it turns out that that wasn't the case. When people are defending brown they are just pointing this out. We all believe he has a lot to prove this year. Saturday was not a bad omen in that regard, and neither is what I've generally heard out of camp. 

Just now, arcane said:

The thing is that everyone is melting down and braying about how awful brown was saturday, only it turns out that that wasn't the case. When people are defending brown they are just pointing this out. We all believe he has a lot to prove this year. Saturday was not a bad omen in that regard, and neither is what I've generally heard out of camp. 

Joe Marino broke down his game film and said it was not good. Which makes sense as that’s what I saw when watching live.

And for Joe to say that says a lot, as he’s been the biggest Spencer brown homer

20 hours ago, juno999 said:

The penalties are a problem.  I forget where I saw the video analysis but another issue in the Steelers game was Allen was dropping too far back at times.  10 yards or so.  Puts more pressure on OTs.  Needs to step up into the pocket.

I could not agree more.  All player performances aside, this is a huge red flag.

6 minutes ago, 5ths the charm said:

I could not agree more.  All player performances aside, this is a huge red flag.

Allen has always had a tendency for happy feet in the pocket because of his athleticiscm. When he doesnt trust the protection he will bail early. What that means is that he will bail early out of clean pockets as well. That hurts the Oline play. Its a viscous cycle.

1 minute ago, jletha said:

Allen has always had a tendency for happy feet in the pocket because of his athleticiscm. When he doesnt trust the protection he will bail early. What that means is that he will bail early out of clean pockets as well. That hurts the Oline play. Its a viscous cycle.

I agree, I was also thinking more about the penalties.  We are very sloppy, even from the starters.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Murray's upright running style makes him an easy tackle, he isn't going to shake off a tackle but if he gets downhill lookout.

The stats agree. Broken tackles on rushes? 5 all year. So he's not that guy.

You never know when a RB has lost it until his performance declines. But I'm guessing he's more or less the same effective power runner he was last year with a pathetic Broncos offense. I hope I'm right.

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

#7. A Josh Allen critique!?!? WTF!?! 
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I read that. Again, bravo to you for letting that same group know Josh is not immune to mistakes AND you shouldn’t look for excuses for him. That’s a common theme here. Bravo! 👏 

the biggest overreaction is this reply. When i say we I mean by we the people that had a knee jerk reaction to brown. I never said all of us . there is a difference. relax man take a pill... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Joe Marino broke down his game film and said it was not good. Which makes sense as that’s what I saw when watching live.

And for Joe to say that says a lot, as he’s been the biggest Spencer brown homer

Actually in Marino’s Locked On Bills podcast, he went in depth about the pressures Josh faced and said Spencer was only responsible for one pressure. Most of the blame for the pressure he placed on Allen for either running out of a clean pocket, dropping with too much depth, or holding onto the ball after a 7 step drop.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.