Now Illegal Migrants to Cheektowaga..

T&C

29 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I would much rather have my tax dollars pay to help a new generation of Americans get settled in a safe environment than pay exorbitant salaries for college deans. 

Seriously? How many college deans do you think there are in America? Let me guess….7 MILLION. Am I close? 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

New York Democrats fear looming political 'disaster' over migrant crisis: 'Ticking time bomb'
'It's just a question of when this all sort of explodes,' one Democratic consultant told the New York Times.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-york-democrats-fear-looming-political-disaster-migrant-crisis-ticking-time-bomb

thanks for nothing Congress

Biden gets a pass as nobody expects him to lead or even be capable of doing so. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

I would love to see them sent to CA and Hollywood more specifically. Those gated communities where the celebs live. Watch how quickly you see the celebs and so-called elites' attitudes change about this. They pretend to be caring and liberal about everything. But put the responsibility on them and watch their hatred views on the matter come out.

For what it’s worth…movie stars don’t live in Hollywood. They live in Beverly Hills, Bell Air, and Malibu which are right nearby. Hollywood itself has become a seedy run-down homeless infested area. It’s really shameful. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

For what it’s worth…movie stars don’t live in Hollywood. They live in Beverly Hills, Bell Air, and Malibu which are right nearby. Hollywood itself has become a seedy run-down homeless infested area. It’s really shameful. 

If you go to developing countries and see their cities … the thing that sticks out is how it can be so nice for a few blocks and then you turn the corner and walk into poverty and despair.  

That’s Los Angeles.  Beautiful enclaves with homeless encampments in between.. a city with high end homes and movie studios for a few blocks, turn the corner to run down neighborhoods and trash on the sidewalks. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

If you go to developing countries and see their cities … the thing that sticks out is how it can be so nice for a few blocks and then you turn the corner and walk into poverty and despair.  

That’s Los Angeles.  Beautiful enclaves with homeless encampments in between.. a city with high end homes and movie studios for a few blocks, turn the corner to run down neighborhoods and trash on the sidewalks. 

Except that in recent years all over the Los Angeles metro area homelessness has been spreading into neighborhoods that had never experienced it before. It’s no longer confined to downtown’s skid row. It’s a true mess. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Except that in recent years all over the Los Angeles metro area homelessness has been spreading into neighborhoods that had never experienced it before. It’s no longer confined to downtown’s skid row. It’s a true mess. 

I checked out Skid Row a few years ago, I don't know why, my friends and I were just curious. It's like another world, a lot of those people like living that way. They kind of look out for each other in some ways but are also all scoring low grade smack for each other too. 

There are some things that our country has done in the past to alleviate homelessness because there are a lot of people that want to be helped and accept it when it's offered...but I don't know what can be done about the people that just flat out don't want to be helped. Like what do you do with them?

6 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I checked out Skid Row a few years ago, I don't know why, my friends and I were just curious. It's like another world, a lot of those people like living that way. They kind of look out for each other in some ways but are also all scoring low grade smack for each other too. 

There are some things that our country has done in the past to alleviate homelessness because there are a lot of people that want to be helped and accept it when it's offered...but I don't know what can be done about the people that just flat out don't want to be helped. Like what do you do with them?

The vast majority of these people are on drugs. This problem was not caused by the price of housing, as so many politicians would like you to believe. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/17/2023 at 7:37 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

John, it’s not that it’s “not perfect”, it’s the perpetual victimization of an incalculable number of people on both sides of the border.  The trafficking on one side of the equation, with people/groups/governments making extraordinary amounts of money moving people, not to mention assault, sexual assault, murder to children, women and men.   It’s a predator’s playground. 

On this side of the border, it gets better for some.  However, all the elements remain in place for most.  This has been a political talking point for decades (including our current President) and yet here we are, chaos at the border and multiple generations of victims to show for it.  

Then, of course, we have the imported crime and the victims that follow.  It’s a problem, John, and one only look at the numbers from the govt to understand that.  We hardly need to import crime, and a sensible immigration policy would go a long way toward knocking that back.  

I think a big issue is that both sides seem more interested in using the issue as a political prop to bludgeon the other side, than actually making progress on improving the issue.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Back to the thread...

So Cheektowaga is starting to look alot like LA 

People literally have no idea. If you could see what we deal with here in Southern California they’d be absolutely appalled and shocked. You have to see it in person. It’s honestly beyond disgusting. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

People literally have no idea. If you could see what we deal with here in Southern California they’d be absolutely appalled and shocked. You have to see it in person. It’s honestly beyond disgusting. 

The people of CA had the chance to recall Newsome and didn't. They got what they voted for. I feel bad for the people who voted against Newsome but still have to suffer.

• Agree 3

45 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think a big issue is that both sides seem more interested in using the issue as a political prop to bludgeon the other side, than actually making progress on improving the issue.

Power and money appeal to these types of people, and illegal immigration is a godsend to them.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

I would love to see them sent to CA and Hollywood more specifically. Those gated communities where the celebs live. Watch how quickly you see the celebs and so-called elites' attitudes change about this. They pretend to be caring and liberal about everything. But put the responsibility on them and watch their hatred views on the matter come out.

You see what happened when they were sent to MV.  They couldn't wait to get them out ASAP.  Bunch of fake bleeding hearts.

• Like (+1) 2

Buffalo State evicts migrants over safety concerns following recent alleged sexual assaults
CANDACE HATHAWAY

Last week, SUNY Buffalo State University officials decided to cancel a contract to house migrants in the school’s dormitories over safety concerns following recent alleged sexual assaults.

The state university entered into an agreement in May with a local community group to house 44 migrants on school property. However, university officials decided to pull the plug on the agreement due to parents and students expressing safety concerns following recent sexual assault charges against two migrants bused from New York City to Cheektowaga.

One of those accused migrants, a Venezuelan man, was accused of raping a woman in front of her toddler. Earlier this month, a man from the Democratic Republic of the Congo was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a young woman working at the hotel providing shelter services to the bused migrants.

Buffalo State University entered into an agreement with Jericho Road Community Health Center to provide shelter to migrants from May through August. The local community group requested an extension for the migrants to stay at the school’s dormitories until February.

Of the 44 migrants previously residing at the university, nine were from Congo, eight from Nigeria, five from Colombia, four from Haiti, two from the Dominican Republic, and one from Iraq. They were not bused from New York City to Buffalo.

Last Monday, the state university’s interim president, Bonia Durand, notified Jericho Road Community Health Center that it would be terminating the agreement, citing safety concerns. However, Durand did not reference the two alleged sexual assaults in Cheektowaga.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/buffalo-state-evicts-migrants-over-safety-concerns-following-recent-alleged-sexual-assaults

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Buffalo State evicts migrants over safety concerns following recent alleged sexual assaults
CANDACE HATHAWAY

Last week, SUNY Buffalo State University officials decided to cancel a contract to house migrants in the school’s dormitories over safety concerns following recent alleged sexual assaults.

The state university entered into an agreement in May with a local community group to house 44 migrants on school property. However, university officials decided to pull the plug on the agreement due to parents and students expressing safety concerns following recent sexual assault charges against two migrants bused from New York City to Cheektowaga.

One of those accused migrants, a Venezuelan man, was accused of raping a woman in front of her toddler. Earlier this month, a man from the Democratic Republic of the Congo was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a young woman working at the hotel providing shelter services to the bused migrants.

Buffalo State University entered into an agreement with Jericho Road Community Health Center to provide shelter to migrants from May through August. The local community group requested an extension for the migrants to stay at the school’s dormitories until February.

Of the 44 migrants previously residing at the university, nine were from Congo, eight from Nigeria, five from Colombia, four from Haiti, two from the Dominican Republic, and one from Iraq. They were not bused from New York City to Buffalo.

Last Monday, the state university’s interim president, Bonia Durand, notified Jericho Road Community Health Center that it would be terminating the agreement, citing safety concerns. However, Durand did not reference the two alleged sexual assaults in Cheektowaga.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/buffalo-state-evicts-migrants-over-safety-concerns-following-recent-alleged-sexual-assaults

A whopping 44 migrants? Yep that’ll fix the problem alright! Wait…I know of at least 81 million voters who’ll gladly take them in! 👍

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

A whopping 44 migrants? Yep that’ll fix the problem alright! Wait…I know of at least 81 million voters who’ll gladly take them in! 👍

I think the sentiment around here is  that the democratic county legislature and the democratic voting public are freaked out and fed up with migrants being sent here. Despite Buffalo being a sanctuary city.

I read a story that described these immigrants as not knowing where they are, where they are being sent. They don't know if they are in trouble or even being imprisoned. Many of them think they are in New York City, even though they are in Buffalo. 

They are confused, being loaded into busses in the middle of the night, being separated from their families. 

To quote one of our own most esteemed posters, "What a mess" 

• Like (+1) 1

What is sadly obvious with the whole situation is that most Democrat voters don't consider the long term ramifications of their policies. The stance they took is beyond insane but they were convinced that being "nice" to complete strangers is more important than being smart. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TSOL said:

I think the sentiment around here is  that the democratic county legislature and the democratic voting public are freaked out and fed up with migrants being sent here. Despite Buffalo being a sanctuary city.

I read a story that described these immigrants as not knowing where they are, where they are being sent. They don't know if they are in trouble or even being imprisoned. Many of them think they are in New York City, even though they are in Buffalo. 

They are confused, being loaded into busses in the middle of the night, being separated from their families. 

To quote one of our own most esteemed posters, "What a mess" 

Every City is a sanctuary city until the illegal aliens show up. 

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo suburb, Hamburg, has problems with illegals that are packed in at a couple hotels across the street from each other.

Area crime problems on the uptick and police are responding to multiple calls daily in the area.

So much for the local Democratic leadership putting the illegal influx on hold.

• Angry 2

At the Best Western at Genesee and Holtz (behind Denny's) which has illegals, a pipe broke and they are being removed.  Maybe we got them out from Cheektowaga.

Edited by Wacka
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No such luck.They got a judge to stop more coming in, but they still haven't removed them. One of the illegals at the motel on Dinngens b started a disruption in the bar there wanting to be served (it's  supposed to be closed) then went outside and started throwing stones through  windows, causing  0ver 12K in damages. In Amherst, one illegal was  threatening  a pedestrian with a roofing spike.

Edited by Wacka
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Wacka said:

No such luck.They got a judge to stop more coming in, but they still haven't removed them. One of the illegals at the motel on Dinngens b started a disruption in the br there wanting to be served (it's  supposed to be closed) then went outside and started tr\hrowing stones through  windows, causing  0ver 12K in damages. In Amherst, one illegal was  threatening  a pedestrian with a roofing spike.

Welcome to a typical Tuesday in Southern California. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1