Belichick on the hot seat in N.E.

Inigo Montoya

20 hours ago, steven50 said:

The difference is those were players stepping into a winning team, with a winning attitude, with opposition that was terrified of those NE teams. NE is no longer a world beater that other teams fear and the winning locker room attitude and swagger left with Brady. The Bill Belicheck mystic is gone they are just any middle of the pack team now.  No one except bottom feeders would pencil in a Patriots game as a definite loss at the beginning of the season.

They wont sniff playoffs this year, 6, 7 or 8 wins at most this year. Might be a lot worse.

Most have the floor at 7 and the high at 9. If the O plays well they could go IMO of course 10-7… like anything else anything can happen that’s why you play the games. 

As for the other QBs I would say they won because they had competent OC, I would dare say last year with O’Brian or McD they win 10 or 11 games.. last year the fact they won 8 was mind boggling.. the O was pop Warner level bad!

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes because pre-season means anything. :lol: 

It’s not about preseason. Years of horrible game plans and bad in game mgmt. it’s going to be painfully obvious this year to all the believers. When the franchise extended McDermott and beane a few weeks ago it, this franchise sealed its’ grave for the foreseeable future.  

Edited by Rocbillsfan1
  • Vomit 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

It’s not about preseason. Years of horrible game plans and bad in game mgmt. it’s going to be painfully obvious this year to all the believers. When the franchise extended McDermott and beane a few weeks ago it, this franchise sealed its’ grave for the foreseeable future.  

Right and they've made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years and won the AFCE all the past 3 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Doc you are in full on denial if you cannot see mcdermotts’ glaring inadequacies. We had daboll and Frazier 2 respected coaches running the show. Now we have clown show McDermott and Dorsey leading the charge, while Beane still thinks his draft pick Spencer Brown belongs in the NFL. Straight up wasting Josh Allen’s career here. 

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Doc you are in full on denial if you cannot see mcdermotts’ glaring inadequacies. We had daboll and Frazier 2 respected coaches running the show. Now we have clown show McDermott and Dorsey leading the charge, while Beane still thinks his draft pick Spencer Brown belongs in the NFL. Straight up wasting Josh Allen’s career here. 

When the team fails to make the playoffs, I'll listen to who this surefire replacement is.

• Like (+1) 3

Why do I have the feeling that you will find a way to excuse McDermott and beane if we don’t make the playoffs this year? Beane now has had a lot of subpar drafts although he hit the grand slam with Allen. Almost all of his other picks in rounds 1-3 have been average at best to total busts. I’m holding out for hope for Kincaid and Torrence who I both liked. Paying Knox and Oliver all that money was extremely questionable. While trading for diggs worked we could have had Jefferson on a rookie contract for a few years. 

people are wondering why diggs is mad, isn’t it pretty obvious? This team has been underachieving and now looks like it’s now on the downtrend. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1
  • Vomit 1

On 8/18/2023 at 8:22 AM, PatsFanNH said:

I disagree. I think like everyone else now in his 70’s he has slowed down and well perhaps the game passed him by a bit. But his body of work shows he is the GOAT IMO of course.

And you're entitled to that belief. You're a Pats fan, so that's to be expected. I just don't agree.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Why do I have the feeling that you will find a way to excuse McDermott and beane if we don’t make the playoffs this year? Beane now has had a lot of subpar drafts although he hit the grand slam with Allen. Almost all of his other picks in rounds 1-3 have been average at best to total busts. I’m holding out for hope for Kincaid and Torrence who I both liked. Paying Knox and Oliver all that money was extremely questionable. While trading for diggs worked we could have had Jefferson on a rookie contract for a few years. 

people are wondering why diggs is mad, isn’t it pretty obvious? This team has been underachieving and now looks like it’s now on the downtrend. 

Outside of Josh missing significant time, there is no excuse for missing the playoffs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/18/2023 at 5:22 AM, PatsFanNH said:

I disagree. I think like everyone else now in his 70’s he has slowed down and well perhaps the game passed him by a bit. But his body of work shows he is the GOAT IMO of course.

Reid could catch Bill for that GOAT title if he can hang on another 5 years and maybe get two more Super Bowl wins in that time frame. Reid has shown a greater ability IMO to succeed at a high level on multiple teams and with just about any QB you give him. 

On 8/18/2023 at 4:12 PM, FilthyBeast said:

BB is 71 and Andy Reid is 65.

This is something lost in the current discussion about Mahomes/Reid catching BB/Brady, in other words it's not happening at least not Mahomes and Reid together.

Also why I think the Mahomes hype will have to slow down at some point because he's not going to have Kelce/Reid/Chris Jones together with him his entire career or much longer for that matter.

All true, but if Hoodie retires and Reid is less than 55 wins behind.... That might be possible in 4 seasons.  Reid is not the picture of physical health though, I don't think he'll catch BB, but that will likely dominate the headlines every time the Chiefs win.  Once Reid leaves, Mahomes might come back down to Earth and prove mortal.

• 4 months later...
On 8/21/2023 at 8:44 AM, P Riv said:

All true, but if Hoodie retires and Reid is less than 55 wins behind.... That might be possible in 4 seasons.  Reid is not the picture of physical health though, I don't think he'll catch BB, but that will likely dominate the headlines every time the Chiefs win.  Once Reid leaves, Mahomes might come back down to Earth and prove mortal.

I can't see Reid retiring. 

Hell never be in a better spot, so last thing he would want is to retire then look to unretire in a year or two.

I think he coaches a handful more years. 

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I can't see Reid retiring. 

Hell never be in a better spot, so last thing he would want is to retire then look to unretire in a year or two.

I think he coaches a handful more years. 

Cheeseburgers don’t just buy themselves 

• Like (+1) 1

It will be the end of an era if Belichick leaves.   Belichick and Brady were deadly together and it was a good day when Brady walked out of Foxborough.  The BIlls should be able to run the division with JA17 for another decade.

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It will be the end of an era if Belichick leaves.   Belichick and Brady were deadly together and it was a good day when Brady walked out of Foxborough.  The BIlls should be able to run the division with JA17 for another decade.

There are rumors of a Belichick/Raiders matchup. That would be a huge score for the Raiders IF Belichick isn't the GM.

Any team that takes Belichick as a GM is doomed.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.