Belichick on the hot seat in N.E.

Inigo Montoya

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

BB will leave as soon as he sets the record. (Probably next year) He will retire and they will name Mayo as the new HC.  They are not going to fire him unless they go like 2-14.

He's not setting the record in 2024.

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Why wouldn't he? In your estimation, Kraft has retained a mediocre to bad head coach for over two decades.  Just imagine what they could have accomplished with a good or even great head coach.  Clearly, Kraft doesn't care about winning.  QED.

Well, it would certainly seem that he could have hired Sparano in at least one Brady-less season and gotten the same or better results, which shoots your initial argument in the foot about 20 times.  

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Well, it would certainly seem that he could have hired Sparano in at least one Brady-less season and gotten the same or better results, which shoots your initial argument in the foot about 20 times.  

Did that even make sense in your head? Type it out one more time, parse every word, and let me know if you think the above is either a witty retort or a salient point.

By your standards there has never been a decent coach in the NFL. Just great QBs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The issue is the Director of Cheating and Spying Ernie Adams has retired.  Beli-CHEAT has only had good seasons when he has been working with him.

“ I never had any constraints put on me.”

I’ll say!!! 😂 

51 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Did that even make sense in your head? Type it out one more time, parse every word, and let me know if you think the above is either a witty retort or a salient point.

By your standards there has never been a decent coach in the NFL. Just great QBs. 

Well, let's see, if Sparano can play essentially the same exact schedule with Chad Pennington at QB, an average-at-best Ronnie Brown at RB, and Ted Ginn Jr. and Greg Camarillo as his top offensive playmakers, featuring the league's 21st ranked Scoring Offense and 9th ranked Scoring Defense, and log the same exact record as Belichick did with Cassel at QB who was no worse than Pennington, Sammy Morris, Randy Moss and Wes Welker, both in their primes, while featuring the league's 8th ranked Scoring Offense and 8th ranked Scoring Defense, yeah, I'd say that it does make a world of sense.  

In essence, what you're saying is that Pennington, Brown, Ginn, and Camarillo > Cassel, Morris, Moss, and Welker.  

Even if they were equal, Sparano had the better record and edged out the tiebreaker.  

OK.  I dare ya to put that out there in NFL circles for a poll and see what it shakes loose.  

I think we're finished here.  Your take is delusional.  LOL  Really, believe what you want, which is clearly the case, but there's nothing more to discuss on this.  

12 hours ago, Gregg said:

If the Pats and Bill do part ways and McDermott has another disappointing end to the season, then let the Bill to Bills rumors heat up. Bill + Josh = Super Bowl championship in WNY. Like you said when Bill has an elite level franchise QB he wins big time.

Do you really think that some other good coach couldn't have achieved the same results with Brady?

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Doc said:

They'll be lucky to win 9 games with the division and that schedule. 

Schedule strength can be misconstrued based off teams improving or declining. I agree tho 9 games is probably their ceiling. I expect an 9-8 season for the Pats

It still feels foreign to me that the Patriots are considered the 4th team in the division. What a strange yet euphoric feeling 😂

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

OMG! You sound like one of the talking heads. First who care what he did in Cleveland.. a lot of coaches fail their first try.. without Brady he is roughly .500 BUT if they don’t go SUOER NOVA stupid in Vegas or don’t blow the game against GB or I don’t know stop Buffalo from returning 2 kickoffs for TDs.. he makes the playoffs 2-3 years without Brady and if a certain QB didn’t fumble the ball in 3 separate games on the 2 yard line they make it 3 out of 3 years. My point? With Brady they could survive some

mistakes without they can not.. (mind you last year was on him)

You sound like a homer who cannot see reality. Excuses are for losers. Last time I checked Belichick was the head coach of those teams making those mistakes. Does he take any credit for that? Your last statement even proves my point. With Brady, they win despite bad coaching. 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

The issue is the Director of Cheating and Spying Ernie Adams has retired.  Beli-CHEAT has only had good seasons when he has been working with him.

I usually try to avoid Brady/Bellicheat threads like the plague - all the ball washing and hardly ever any mention at all of the cheating.  It's like some Fringe alternate dimension where that aspect has been erased from human history.  Mind-boggling to me

Just now, stevewin said:

I usually try to avoid Brady/Bellicheat threads like the plague - all the ball washing and hardly ever any mention at all of the cheating.  It's like some Fringe alternate dimension where that aspect has been erased from human history.  Mind-boggling to me

I will never let ANY Beli-CHEAT honors thread go without mentioning of his cheating.  It should go into record books with this annotation.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Do you really think that some other good coach couldn't have achieved the same results with Brady?

Probably would have won a few championships but to win 6. I don't know about that. That would be a challenge.

17 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Why does Bill get all the credit? What about GM Scott Pioli? Or his mystery strategist Ernie Adams? Those guys played a larger role in the Patriots dynasty than people realize. You're seeing the results when Belichick does it all.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why does Bill get all the credit? What about GM Scott Pioli? Or his mystery strategist Ernie Adams? Those guys played a large role in the Patriots dynasty than people realize. You're seeing the results when Belichick does it all.

When you go from Brady to Jones that is a big drop off at the most important position on a football team. 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

When you go from Brady to Jones that is a big drop off at the most important position on a football team. 

Well P*ts head coach should blame the GM for selection of Jones and Beli-CHEAT for driving his apprentice away by seeking to trade him and make Jimmy Garoppolo his new apprentice.

Liar-Liar.png

16 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Yes.  I think Brady could not have been Brady without Belichick.  Look at every other amazing, Hall of Fame QB who has ever played.  They mostly have one ring or maybe less.  Is Brady 3x to 4x better than Manning, Elway, Brees, Rodgers, Marino?  Did every other HoF QB just have terrible coaching holding them back? 

What I am reading here is that Belichick is average and every other coach is dog****.  Except for maybe Shula who maintained a winning record for all 2 of his 33 seasons without a Hall of Fame QB.  31 years with Griese, Unitas, and Marino and 3 less championships to show for it than Belichick. Walsh's record in years without Montana is horrifying.   Every great coach had great QBs but none other went to 9 super bowls and won 6. 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Yes.  I think Brady could not have been Brady without Belichick.  Look at every other amazing, Hall of Fame QB who has ever played.  They mostly have one ring or maybe less.  Is Brady 3x to 4x better than Manning, Elway, Brees, Rodgers, Marino?  Did every other HoF QB just have terrible coaching holding them back? 

What I am reading here is that Belichick is average and every other coach is dog****.  Except for maybe Shula who maintained a winning record for all 2 of his 33 seasons without a Hall of Fame QB.  31 years with Griese, Unitas, and Marino and 3 less championships to show for it than Belichick. Walsh's record in years without Montana is horrifying.   Every great coach had great QBs but none other went to 9 super bowls and won 6. 

No.  Br*dy could not have been Br*dy without Ernie Adams. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

And what GM brought in Mac Jones? Oh right.

My point is the Pats are the "Belichick Show" now, from coaching to player personnel.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.