Training Camp opens today! 2023 Season is upon us!

Chandler#81

6 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Early starter MLB prediction:

Dobson in on more run plays.

Bernard in on more blitz packages.

And Rapp comes in on obvious passing downs as the hybrid safety. (Taking off Dobson or Bernard)

D williams backs up Milano this year and plays special teams mostly 

Early Left Guard prediction:

Torrence on run plays

McGovern on obvious passing downs

/

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You never want a 5'6" receiver taking a lot of hits in the NFL..........but it's not the hits that have sidelined him it's soft tissue and tendon injuries.

Sharty's been sidelined by hamstring(many times) and turf toe(most of 2022) injuries.    

If he figures out how to not hurt himself just running around then hopefully he can make an impact.

Sharty.  I laughed out loud 🤣 

• Agree 2

In a perfect Buffalo world. But it won’t take 2 series for the rest of the League to catch on. I’m in the Cyrus camp but I know he must develop Polish in pass blocking. 

41 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Early Left Guard prediction:

Torrence on run plays

McGovern on obvious passing downs

/

• Agree 1

On 7/26/2023 at 5:34 AM, SCBills said:

Kincaid is who I’ll be paying attention to. 

As a fully functioning TE, it’s tough to make a huge impact as a rookie, historically speaking. 

However, if Kincaid gets work mainly in the slot, while moving inside to chip/block and keep defenses honest, he could be as an impactful as many rookie WR’s as of late. 

It would be so huge to get a legit weapon in the middle of the field that allows Gabe Davis to play off him with Diggs as the 1. 

An improved OL with Diggs, Davis, Kincaid, Knox and Cook as the focal weapons would not only be massive for this year, but for the future nucleus of this team as we start transitioning into our next window with the current OL top 6 all locked down for multiple years with Morse being a year to year player imo.  

(I do think Davis will get extended) 

Oliver, Rousseau & Elam making the jump on defense would also, obviously, help immensely. 

If Kincaid works out, it will open up everything else for the other wide receivers to

37 minutes ago, nucci said:

what about not obvious passing downs?

You got me there.   Plan might be flawed. ;)

Technically though every down is an obvious passing down.........fortune favors passing teams........and first down is the most effective time to throw a pass and subsequent downs the need for large gains tends to increase...........that's why any plan of early down thumper LB's and third down LB's.......or 3rd down RB's for that matter.......isn't a viable plan.    Every down is 3rd down in a passing league.    Most teams also know that they can't effectively run 10-12 play scoring drives regularly with the lack of practice they get now.   These are some of the reasons why the new base defense in the NFL is 4-2-5.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You got me there.   Plan might be flawed. ;)

Technically though every down is an obvious passing down.........fortune favors passing teams........and first down is the most effective time to throw a pass and subsequent downs the need for large gains tends to increase...........that's why any plan of early down thumper LB's and third down LB's.......or 3rd down RB's for that matter.......isn't a viable plan.    Every down is 3rd down in a passing league.    Most teams also know that they can't effectively run 10-12 play scoring drives regularly with the lack of practice they get now.   These are some of the reasons why the new base defense in the NFL is 4-2-5.

Just busting on you...I don't think changing out Gs is a good idea

22 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Well good thing its July?  Its not babying or spoonfeeding - its earning your spot.  Veterans who worked hard to get where they are respond to pressure from players like this.  He's got his work cut out for him to start day 1 with a young player in Bates ahead of him, and guys like boettger and edwards fighting for a roster spot.  

Yea I agree with that.  Has to be earned.

25 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Yea I agree with that.  Has to be earned.

I think we could have done more to address RT - but Quessenberry played there a year ago, and they added shell.  The goal is to get the most out of Brown at RT - if he fails then you know you need to use serious draft capital to replace him.  You also bring in players who you think can both start in a pinch, and drive him to be a more successful player through competition.  

On 7/26/2023 at 9:13 AM, gobills404 said:

Yeah it’s not like we haven’t seen the huge drop off from Edmunds to Dodson several times over the past few years.

The only real drop off we ever saw was 2020 when Milano was hurt. Team defense was 16th. We have been top 5 every other year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.